P3 PRO video jello, something went wrong
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
narcofreccia
New
Italy

Hi, i've been happily flying the phantom 3 pro for 2 years. Recently bought some nds so i went through the unexpectedly-hard-should-have-been-easier procedure to replace the camera filter and even if i was very careful i'm afraid i might have applyed too much force to the gimbal in the process. (thogh I'm not 100% sure about it)

So this is what filming is like now

How can i fix that? Is it the camera or the gimball? What should i order?

I did try IMU calibration and gimball calibration but the issue is still there.

Many thanks
2017-3-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does it do this without the ND filters ?
2017-3-29
Use props
Elbert H.
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6299455 ft
United States

I don't think a filter would cause this but probably from vibration. Since it apparently didn't do this before you put the filter on that would probably rule out the props being out of balance.

However, when you installed that filter, you just may have applied a little too much force. I recently pinpointed my "jello" problem to the gimbals roll motor shaft. Where the shaft (which actually remains stationary at all times ) is pressed into the cup ( or cap or whatever they call it) became just a tiny bit loose. I didn't recognize the problem initially, as I was constantly having to remove the rear cover of the ESC Roll motor board on the gimbal and realign it with the horizon. Not knowing how the gimbal assembly worked, and the absolute lack of any meaningful manuals on the subject (the gimbal ) left me wondering around in the dark until a I stumbled across the answer/solution.

Actually, had I know how the gimbal operated, the mechanics of it, a simple firm squeeze between my thumb and fore finger would have temporarily have fixed it, but I repeat, it wouldn't have worked permanently.

Everything I found on the subject kept pointing to the props being out of balance as the cause of my jello effect, and not one word was mentioned to check for any loose joints / mechanical connection of the gimbal.

Good luck
2017-3-29
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

Elbert H. Posted at 2017-3-29 08:54
I don't think a filter would cause this but probably from vibration. Since it apparently didn't do this before you put the filter on that would probably rule out the props being out of balance.

However, when you installed that filter, you just may have applied a little too much force. I recently pinpointed my "jello" problem to the gimbals roll motor shaft. Where the shaft (which actually remains stationary at all times ) is pressed into the cup ( or cap or whatever they call it) became just a tiny bit loose. I didn't recognize the problem initially, as I was constantly having to remove the rear cover of the ESC Roll motor board on the gimbal and realign it with the horizon. Not knowing how the gimbal assembly worked, and the absolute lack of any meaningful manuals on the subject (the gimbal ) left me wondering around in the dark until a I stumbled across the answer/solution.

Just to see the set screw is tight on the arm. Also you might try doing a "RESET" on your camera. I worked on a phantom 3A that took a light crash and I replaced the yaw arm and ribbon for a friend. Not a hard crash but after the repairs the camera wouldn't color correct right and had some other issues. I fought it for a while and finally did a rest on the camera and it straighten right out. The ND filters are not doing it, it is something else for sure.
2017-3-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules