Another Flyaway (luckily recovered)
1274 6 2015-2-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bart1209
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi All.
Just thought I would let you know about my first flight with theInspire 1.
The first 2 batteries I used, I kept it on beginner mode as Iwanted to get a feel of the craft in flight, and more over feel comfortablewith flying again (flew RC helicopters years ago).
3rd battery, beginner mode off and I was starting to relax, whata machine!!
4th battery, this happened
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7hPt3jQloM

Now I must admit that I never experiencedthe loss of GPS signal that quite a few people reported just after startup withthe first 2 batteries, but after reviewing the flight log, GPS was lost on thisoccasion.
What I don’t understand is, when this craftgoes into P-ATTI mode, why did I also loose all right stick function.

Also on the flight log, I can see that thecraft keeps switching from P-ATTI to P-GPS and back repeatedly during theissue.

Luckily safe landing and everythings ok.
Oh, and I get home to find a new firmware package, maybe this will sort the issue out!

2015-2-27
Use props
DaVePI
lvl.2

United States

Wow. Your gimbal was twitching badly, but after you hit rth everything was normal. Close call my friend.
2015-2-27
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Perhaps you need to send the flight logs in to DJI for review.  It may help everyone even if it seems to be working fine now.

I guess the more flight data DJI have to review the better the future updates will be.
2015-2-27
Use props
ruddy951
lvl.2
Flight distance : 59324 ft
United States

Did you by chance calibrate the imu  ans compass calibration before flight?
2015-2-27
Use props
Bart1209
lvl.2

United Kingdom

ruddy951 Posted at 2015-2-28 01:10
Did you by chance calibrate the imu  ans compass calibration before flight?

I did both IMU and compass, all was in parameters.
2015-2-27
Use props
ruddy951
lvl.2
Flight distance : 59324 ft
United States

Well what ever the case was I'm glad you got your bird back.. however I dont believe  the new firmware fixed any flyaway issues from what i have read of the notes

2015-2-27
Use props
jimhare
lvl.4
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

How long does it need to be out of contact before it attempts to return to the point of departure?

Seems like it spends too much time making its own decisions when not receiving input.
2015-2-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules