Spare part for Inspire 2
4228 46 2017-3-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Celsus
Second Officer
Flight distance : 196594 ft
United Kingdom

My personal experience is the DJI service can be frustratingly slow. This is the gripe from most people including myself. The repair however was right first time with no problem thereafter. A quality all be it slow repair turnaround would be my preference rather than a quick low quality repair. It would be interesting to hear how many units DJI repair (warranty and crash) per month on average. Mindy ?  
2017-10-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Celsus Posted at 2017-10-15 00:14
My personal experience is the DJI service can be frustratingly slow. This is the gripe from most people including myself. The repair however was right first time with no problem thereafter. A quality all be it slow repair turnaround would be my preference rather than a quick low quality repair. It would be interesting to hear how many units DJI repair (warranty and crash) per month on average. Mindy ?

Celsus, sorry that I don't have any info on this point, but please believe us that we are working on shortening the repair time frame. Besides, you can always contact us to expedite the repair process if it is slow, we are always here for you.
2017-10-15
Use props
Dockater
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139649 ft
Germany

Sky High View 9 Posted at 2017-5-25 00:31
Hi, yes a very costly mistake but a really good learning experience. It has been about 12 weeks since it happened so please excuse me for adding some humour to my tale of what happened. Believe me, when it happened the shock had me 'stunned' and luckily no one was with me to see my 'pain'.  Here we go, " I ordered the I2 after much deliberation and eventually convincing my wife that I 'needed' the upgrade (From my P4) so I could produce high quality videos. The waiting for delivery seemed like months when in fact it was only about 2 days from a local dealer(UK). You know how the next bit goes,'The unboxing and finally the opening of the 'DJI Case'. The anticipation and excitement after watching all the promo videos (I think the same one over and over again :-) and then when you finally see it ,WOW !, its a work of art, its a beauty, its fantastic  etc. The thoughts of even one dead bug or tiny bit of mud getting onto its 'shell' is unthinkable ............   Well, the weather had been dismal and it was 4 days until the maiden flight so I did all the tests, checked FW ,all the other stuff etc so when the first day of decent weather came I was ready.   Then the big mistake I made was this, because it was brand new and I wanted to keep its 'little feet' clean I thought I would use a 'Brand new' Take off / Landing mat .............. little did I know that within about 3 seconds of a nice smooth, successful 'Take off' that the wind from the props would lift a corner of the mat then a small 'gust' of natural wind from the side would blow the mat from the ground and into the props.....  everything dropped to the ground in a huddled mess. (This all happened within a nano second, no chance for evasive action) Then I had to watch my brand new I2 upside down, squirming around on the gravel and mud until I could knock off the engines.  I could see that there was lots of prop pieces smashed all over the ground but when I went in to examine things ,I could see that one of the legs had completely snapped(See attached pic)".  The lesson I learnt and what I do now is place medium size weights to all four corners of the TO/Landing mat . And to think ,the I2 was only about 3 feet high when it fell to the ground so it doesn't take much to break the 'Plastic' legs.
To answer the queries , the company who are going to repair it have told me that because the whole boom arm/ legs are all bonded together, it has to have the whole arm changed. I was quoted about £500 . Like I said earlier, excuse the humour attached to my tale but I have had to look at this as a vital learning experience as I paid £4500 (Including the X5s) and it would be very easy to get very down and negative about this- at least no one got hurt and at the end of the day I will get it back fixed someday-just dunno when !!
Link to picture on msn onedrive:

Unbelievable, it is not the cost of repair that amazes me it is the timescale. I did a quick check on eBay in Germany and found the required part with a 3-4 days delivery to ANYWHERE in Europe, presumably ALSO to DJI repair centres, despite Brexit even in the UK. Ok, its not cheap and delivery will cost you an extra ca. €6.50 but its available, left and right.

Just for interest here is the link and a picture of the part:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Inspire-2-linker-Arm-Ausleger-Ersatzteil-7-/292280726747?hash=item440d49f4db

s-l500.jpg
2017-10-15
Use props
Dockater
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139649 ft
Germany

Surprise, surprise here it is in eBay UK:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Left-R ... kte0YPlTGS1MDmnQCsQ

Delivery here is from Hong Kong takes about 2 weeks, but its cheaper.
2017-10-15
Use props
fans41f3800c
Second Officer
Flight distance : 529836 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ok Thank you for your efforts
2017-10-15
Use props
Celsus
Second Officer
Flight distance : 196594 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-10-15 01:44
Celsus, sorry that I don't have any info on this point, but please believe us that we are working on shortening the repair time frame. Besides, you can always contact us to expedite the repair process if it is slow, we are always here for you.

Hi Mindy. Improving repair turnaround would be a good thing as long is its not at the detriment of a quality repair. Additional repair centres may be the way forward, this would help meet the service  demands of DJI's growing product range and customer base and more importantly keep DJI customers happy.
2017-10-15
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

I have a look at www.taobao.com, an allibaba affiliate site in China. The DJI inspire 2 boom arm same as above is yuan 649m A$125. There is a big margin to be made out there. I have bought 2 sets of 3510H motors and ESCs for upgrade of my I1. The price is around half what you pay in US. I don't know whether that is relevant for DIYers.
Capture.JPG
2017-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules