Mavic finally back from repair.. .and its not even my Mavic!
1185 13 2017-3-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Njw83
lvl.3
Flight distance : 89767 ft
United Kingdom

Mods deleted my old thread as I'd done something wrong (didn't explain what exactly)

Sent my Mavic for a paid repair, not DJI Refresh, on March 2nd. Only just recieved it back... its its not my Mavic. Its a different serial number and with the protective stickers on the sensors and the warning stickers on the arms.

Now I'm not completely against them giving me a new drone IF its new and not a refurbished unit.

But why wasnt I told?
Why did I have to wait so long if they were just sending a replacement?

Not had time to test it yet but really hoping the camera is as good as my first one was.

Also not happy that when trying to talk to the support team online they kept cutting me off and no one ever answered my actual question after 5 or 6 attempts at asking.

Not impressed at all at the service so far.
2017-3-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Your thread was deleted because it didn't follow the forum rules. (language)
It's up to the repair department to determine a repair or replacement.
You said this new one has issues, what issues does it have?
2017-3-29
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

For a while there were a lot of my-replacement-is-broken-worse-than-what-I-sent-them threads popping up here, but for whatever reason those almost completely disappeared in a short period of my time. It's possible that DJI got much better very quickly at refurbishing, but my guess is that they've started sending out new Mavics most or all of the time.

I do think you have a valid point or two, though: there's room for improvement in the customer service experience outside of this forum, and DJI sometimes does a poor job of communicating with customers and setting their expectations. From what I've seen, though, the real cause of frustration seems to be miscommunication rather than any incompetence or nefarious intent on DJI's part.
2017-3-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-3-29 09:49
For a while there were a lot of my-replacement-is-broken-worse-than-what-I-sent-them threads popping up here, but for whatever reason those almost completely disappeared in a short period of my time. It's possible that DJI got much better very quickly at refurbishing, but my guess is that they've started sending out new Mavics most or all of the time.

I do think you have a valid point or two, though: there's room for improvement in the customer service experience outside of this forum, and DJI sometimes does a poor job of communicating with customers and setting their expectations. From what I've seen, though, the real cause of frustration seems to be miscommunication rather than any incompetence or nefarious intent on DJI's part.

I understand. We're always working to improve.
2017-3-29
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Now I'm not completely against them giving me a new drone IF its new and not a refurbished unit.

Even if you got a refurbished unit -- which I doubt -- wouldn't that still be very good service considering that they only charged you £10 for a non-warranty repair? Especially considering that by all indications they'll make it right if the one you received isn't fully operational.

Why did I have to wait so long if they were just sending a replacement?

If my theory about them sending out new units is correct, maybe they were waiting to receive a shipment of new Mavics from China. Apparently a shipment was received in California last week for North American customers, after which a logjam of service requests finally started clearing.
2017-3-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Think it's fair to say, it looks like you got a real good deal, and it may have been wiser to check out what dji sent you before you attempted to get on the proverbial bandwagon and rush to judge.

Your repair doesn't seem to have been out of place with other RMA's posted on this forum.

I hope you got a good Mavic which the vast majority of Mavics are, and hopefully you get many happy hours flying and creating.
2017-3-29
Use props
DirtyFergy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 200531 ft
United States

How long did it take for them to say they received it?  Mine shows delivered by UPS, but the DJI website does not say received.
2017-3-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DirtyFergy Posted at 2017-3-29 10:40
How long did it take for them to say they received it?  Mine shows delivered by UPS, but the DJI website does not say received.

It can take 3/4 days at the minute. But once this happens it's fairly quick. Good luck.
2017-3-29
Use props
The Rev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1256837 ft
United States

Mine was delivered on the 17th at 09:50 and they acknowledged receipt on the 24th and nothing since but I am UK so it went back to the Netherlands.
They will probably blame Brexit
2017-3-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

From when the UPS trucks drop of to one of the loading docks it can take several days for the packages to be sorted and received into logistics and then sent to the correct departments.
2017-3-29
Use props
fans62b6433d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5102 ft
United States

I'm having a horrible experience with Customer service. Just when you thought thereally couldn't be anything worse than the cable company DJI sets a whole new low. 2hr + hold times, horrible diagnosis on my Mavic Pro. Motor burned up on one arm but they want me to buy a new battery and camera even though there is nothing wrong with those. I disputed the diagnosis and they confirmed they submitted but two weeks later they apparently forgot. Now I have to do it all over again. At this rate I'll see my drone back in the fall.
2017-3-29
Use props
fans62b6433d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5102 ft
United States

Hope this doesn't happen to me
2017-3-29
Use props
Teaksta
New
Flight distance : 9856 ft
Australia

Maybe you can shed some light on my ongoing problems with support DJI-KEN and help me. I am being repeatedly blamed for a incident when I am continually saying it was a system failure.
2017-3-29
Use props
KevDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475522 ft
United States

I understand you, DJI has no empathy, they have not even responded to my case, and because of the software I lost $1400, and a lot of "fun".  DJI has bad support.
2017-3-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules