new Phantom 4Pro + compass disconnected
3181 7 2017-3-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Uncle Bucky
lvl.1
Flight distance : 483743 ft
United States

I purchased a new PHANTOM 4PRO + and I am in the process of calibrating the IMU and compass. No problem calibrating the IMU, but when I go to calibrate the compasses, I get an error message stating that Compass 1 is disconnected. What can I do.

2017-3-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Connect it to the Assistant2 and restore to factory defaults.
Also try refreshing the firmware. And in the sensor page it says compass 1 disconnected?
If neither work then you'll have to contact support to send it in for repair.
2017-3-29
Use props
fans577eed1e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 99334 ft
United States

yup, having identical issue here with 1 hour old phantom 4 pro.  I just returned a 2 week old phantom 4 pro for an unlevel and yaw drifting camera/gimbal that no amount of calibration would fix.  Now I'm sending my second P4 Pro back to amazon.  I refuse to mail defective goods back for repair.  I paid for a new working unit.  After I crash it, then it's my problem.  But your quality control is abysmal.  I really hope another drone manufacturer can come up with a lightbridge/occusync equivalent because it's literally the ONLY thing keeping DJI's reign of terrible practices alive.  When that day comes just pack up your bags and go home because nobody is going to put up with the garbage after that point.
2017-8-4
Use props
Dobmatt
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

fans577eed1e Posted at 2017-8-4 16:44
yup, having identical issue here with 1 hour old phantom 4 pro.  I just returned a 2 week old phantom 4 pro for an unlevel and yaw drifting camera/gimbal that no amount of calibration would fix.  Now I'm sending my second P4 Pro back to amazon.  I refuse to mail defective goods back for repair.  I paid for a new working unit.  After I crash it, then it's my problem.  But your quality control is abysmal.  I really hope another drone manufacturer can come up with a lightbridge/occusync equivalent because it's literally the ONLY thing keeping DJI's reign of terrible practices alive.  When that day comes just pack up your bags and go home because nobody is going to put up with the garbage after that point.

"I really hope another drone manufacturer can come up with a lightbridge/occusync equivalent because it's literally the ONLY thing keeping DJI's reign of terrible practices alive.  When that day comes just pack up your bags and go home because nobody is going to put up with the garbage after that point."

fans577eed1e, we are here to help each other ... How we can help YOU?
2017-8-4
Use props
fans577eed1e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 99334 ft
United States

I appreciate your offer to help, but from what I'm reading, I simply have my second in a row defective P4Pro, so I'll return it and hope for the best on the third try.  For what its worth unless I'm extremely unlucky I find the odds I got two bad units in a row an indication of the overall health of DJI's supply of P4 Pro's.
2017-8-4
Use props
Dobmatt
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

fans577eed1e Posted at 2017-8-4 18:30
I appreciate your offer to help, but from what I'm reading, I simply have my second in a row defective P4Pro, so I'll return it and hope for the best on the third try.  For what its worth unless I'm extremely unlucky I find the odds I got two bad units in a row an indication of the overall health of DJI's supply of P4 Pro's.

"I got two bad units in a row an indication of the overall health of DJI's supply of P4 Pro's"

And that is the real issue here: wrong assumption, unsupported by any statistical data. I understand the reason for your frustration, but venting and ranting will do nothing good to you, to your drone or to anything/anybody at all. Bad luck - yes, for sure. Shall I feel guilt for owing 3 DJI aircrafts with no major hardware/FW issues for over 2 years now?
2017-8-5
Use props
spaff33
lvl.1
Flight distance : 411047 ft
  • >>>
United States

I also have had 3 phantom 4 pros with different issues, one I lost in the ocean due to a compass error and a frozen screen the other 2 had to be returns because of different issues (gimbal and gps disconnection problems).  I have had the phantom 1/2/3 and have had no issues.  I spoke to amazon and they said that they have taken back quite a few phantom 4's because of  issues with this drone. They even said they were considering dropping the drone because of so many returns. I've lost money and confidence in dii's phantom 4 pro.
2017-8-8
Use props
mschauta
lvl.1

Hungary

I think the weakest point of phantom 4 is the landing unit. The hidden screws are very difficult to access, and the legs must be tensioned to flatten the cover. Connectors are difficult to access and poor in quality, as wires are vulnerable. This would be worth redesigning. For me, the compass disconnect, the connector is very easily displaced when the cover clicks. The solution was to fix the connector with a plastic glue before the casing rebounded. The phantom 4 is a very good drone, but the landing unit is a very bad construction. Of course, the bugs came after my repair, as I saw, attaching connectors with glue during manufacture. I think it's not fixed well.
2018-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules