5594 54 2015-2-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
vincentlublink.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26170253 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Sorry to haer this Marc, did the powerlines not give electrostatic interference?, so that the contact was lost with youre remote and that the Inspire go in auto return home?

Was the Inspire under the power lines? When this happend?, when yes what was your hight for the auto return home?
2015-3-3
Use props
marcfrdly
lvl.2
United States

vincentlublink. Posted at 2015-3-4 07:06
Sorry to haer this Marc, did the powerlines not give electrostatic interference?, so that the contac ...

Vincent-
The craft was brought short of the overhead power lines, and left in a hover. (The power lines cross the river at their lowest point at about 60 feet.) I began to walk towards a different vantage point about 20 yards away, and that is when I heard the craft crash. I am not sure if the craft went into RTH mode or not,  was given no indication of this by the app if so. Thanks for posting.
2015-3-4
Use props
marcfrdly
lvl.2
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-2-28 07:03
Marc, please contact DJI.  We can extract the information from the FC mounted SD card and determine  ...

Tahoe_Ed:
Can you tell me if after the offer of the 30% discount on the purchase of a new Inspire, does DJI consider this issue resolved from their perspective? I sent a reply email back to customer service after the offer, but I am wondering if I am sitting here waiting on a reply that will never come. Thanks-
2015-3-5
Use props
marcfrdly
lvl.2
United States

Tahoe_Ed:
Can you tell me if after the offer of the 30% discount on the purchase of a new Inspire, does DJI consider this issue resolved from their perspective? I sent a reply email back to customer service after the offer, but I am wondering if I am sitting here waiting on a reply that will never come. Thanks-
2015-3-5
Use props
Dave E
lvl.4
Flight distance : 729560 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

marc I finally found the thread that mentions 2 guys meeting up to finalise video.......http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... age%3D1&lang=en
2015-3-5
Use props
siweckipawel
lvl.3
Flight distance : 57070 ft
  • >>>
Poland

marcfrdly@yahoo Posted at 2015-3-4 00:51
Dave E:

Thanks, I will look around for that thread, and thank you for your offer. I hopefully wil ...

Hello pls try one of this sites to recover your video.

https://www.google.pl/search?q=v ... 4VKPYIsr4yQPXloC4DQ
2015-3-5
Use props
matthew.8750
New

United States

"hit the power lines and went into the water"....
2015-3-5
Use props
Mkell_CA_SF.BAY
lvl.3
Flight distance : 307431 ft
United States

I was able to meet up with forum member Jakelikesstuff to get my SD card finalized. However, I wonder if there is any easier option out there to those that this is occurring to.

Has anyone simply tried uploading a corrupted inspire 1 file online, and another inspire 1 owner downloading that file to their own SD card and inserting it into their inspire? i'm wondering if this would work to finalize the file?

I would think we could make that work if there aren't other programs out there that can do this.
2015-3-5
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

marcfrdly@yahoo Posted at 2015-3-6 02:09
Tahoe_Ed:
Can you tell me if after the offer of the 30% discount on the purchase of a new Inspire, d ...

No you will hear back from them if you accepted the offer.  I discussed your incident with the head of NA DJI.  While we cannot discover the actual cause of your crash we are willing to offer the discount for you our loyal customer.  Did you receive a case number?  if so, post it here and I will follow up.
2015-3-5
Use props
marcfrdly
lvl.2
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-3-6 13:00
No you will hear back from them if you accepted the offer.  I discussed your incident with the hea ...

Tahoe_Ed:
Request #89337
Below is the unedited response I sent to the email I received from Anthony C. (In a previous email I received from him, he stated that I would next hear from a supervisor, not him.) Also of note, the email I received from him was obviously a canned response, as it was not even composed for the Inspire, as it mentions the "the remote connection our Phantoms use ". Which leads me to believe no investigation went into my incident at all. Sorry to trouble you with this, and thanks for your help.
Sir-
Thank you for your response. I appreciate the offer to discount a purchase of a new Inspire by 30%, but unfortunately this is not a viable option for me. As I detailed in my incident form that I included after contacting DJI, I feel that the Inspire acted in a unpredictable manner when it rose several feet while moving forward without controller input. As a avid follower of the DJI Inspire forums, I have read numerous reports of incidents identical or similar in nature that have been reported by other Inspire owners, after the recent firmware update. The area I was flying in is a rural area, with a close to 300 yard open area, free from obstructions, with the exception of the one overhead item the craft flew into. In addition, an eyewitness account of the incident stated that the craft flew up and into the power lines, as evident in his description of the crafts back end raising up as the contact was made with the obstruction. In addition, the flight record saved in my account, shows a complete gps track all through the flight, and shows the Inspire moving forward and rising at the end of the flight (rising in excess of 4 meters), matching the eyewitness account. This leads me to believe that the craft never lost gps signal. Further, although this is my fist DJI purchase, I have flown a Phantom 1 and 2 V+, as well as numerous RC helicopters, and was not flying my Inspire in a aggressive manner on the date of the incident. I understand that there is a risk of crash with any quadcopter, however, I believe that the consumer also has a rightful expectation for the craft to perform within the advertised parameters “allowing you to see where the aircraft is on a live map and giving it a point to hover at when you release the controls. “. I absolutely LOVED my Inspire, and literally bought it the day it became available. I cannot however pay an additional $2029.30 to fly one. I respectfully ask you to reconsider, or at least provide some kind of basis as to how this crash was any fault of mine, other than I got within 20 feet of a power line, and took a total of 5-6 steps while the craft was in a hover. Thank you for your time, and I look forward to your response-
2015-3-6
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

@Marcfrdly

As was previously stated, if you want to send your Inspire in for service our team can recover the flight data logs and determine what exactly happened.  It is up to you as to how you handle your loss.  We have offered to replace the unit for a discount or you can send it in and have it repaired at your expense or not depending on the results of the review of the flight data logs.  The final determination is up to you.  
2015-3-6
Use props
marcfrdly
lvl.2
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-3-7 02:34
@Marcfrdly

As was previously stated, if you want to send your Inspire in for service our team can r ...

Tahoe Ed:
You are the first person from DJI that has offered for me to send in my unit. I was told from the initial contact that no RMA would be issued for repair because the craft went in the water, and throughout the process until the last exchange, the only RMA that was given was for me to return my controller if I agreed to the discount.
2015-3-6
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I am sorry for that.  We should allow you to send it in and determine the cause of the crash.  I can escalate the response to you.
2015-3-6
Use props
marcfrdly
lvl.2
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-3-7 07:20
I am sorry for that.  We should allow you to send it in and determine the cause of the crash.  I can ...

Tahoe Ed:
Should I have heard something from support about a RMA by now?
2015-3-14
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

marcfrdly@yahoo Posted at 2015-3-14 23:08
Tahoe Ed:
Should I have heard something from support about a RMA by now?

It is the weekend and LA does get some time off.  They are not 24/7 at this point.  Monday or Tuesday you should get a response.
2015-3-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules