12Next >
10735 44 2017-3-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
POTUS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475850 ft
United States

Does anyone know if you can use the S8+ with the Osmo Mobile?  It seems like it would fit, but I wonder if anyone has tried it.
2017-3-29
Use props
fans4a530e07
lvl.2

Singapore

Same question too. Thanks.
2017-3-29
Use props
nibblerrick
lvl.2
Flight distance : 304590 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Would like to know that, too. The 8+ seems a bit taller than the iphone7+ but not much. And the S8+ is a little bit lighter. Especially because I want to use it more with the Osmo mobile I don't want to preorder the 8+ if there's no chance it will work.
2017-3-30
Use props
videopixels
lvl.2
South Africa

Hi there. There's an online review here: where she puts the iPhone 7S+ on top of the Galaxy S8+ and it's slightly narrower but longer. Don't think the width will be a problem but might need a small counter balance if the gimbal correction is maxed out.
2017-4-3
Use props
POTUS
lvl.4
United States

videopixels@gma Posted at 2017-4-3 05:35
Hi there. There's an online review here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhoyPn2_O0M where she puts the iPhone 7S+ on top of the Galaxy S8+ and it's slightly narrower but longer. Don't think the width will be a problem but might need a small counter balance if the gimbal correction is maxed out.

Yeah I saw that video, too. I think because the S8+ is lighter than the 7 Plus it should be fine even with the extra height. I guess I'll have to wait until I get mine on the 21st to find out.
2017-4-3
Use props
videopixels
lvl.2
South Africa

POTUS Posted at 2017-4-3 11:34
Yeah I saw that video, too. I think because the S8+ is lighter than the 7 Plus it should be fine even with the extra height. I guess I'll have to wait until I get mine on the 21st to find out.

That's great. Please let us know how it works out.
2017-4-4
Use props
POTUS
lvl.4
United States

Just got back from vacation and received my S8+ - happy to say my Osmo works great with it. It's awesome having a bigger display, loving it!
2017-4-23
Use props
fans4a530e07
lvl.2

Singapore

Got my S8 Plus but there is no 4K recording when using Osmo Mobile App. Hope there will be an update soon.
2017-4-24
Use props
dj3guns
New

United States

I have an S8+ and it overheats one of the gimbal motors. the mount needs to be longer to get the phone neutrally balanced. It is totally nose heavy
2017-4-25
Use props
fans4a530e07
lvl.2

Singapore

I used S8+ with Osmo Mobile without issue. Just need to extend the holder bar. The size is almost identical to iPhone 7 plus.
2017-4-25
Use props
bradgonemad
lvl.2
United States

I didn't have any problems balancing either.  Just no 4k with the DJI App but the Samsung app works better anyway!
2017-4-25
Use props
fans876209a5
New
United States

I can't seem to get the balance right. Just keep getting the flashing yellow indicator light and the app telling me to attach the phone.  I'm balanced ok...any help is greatly appreciated.  I bought the mobile for my note 7 and it was wonderful for that month and a half!
2017-4-26
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fans876209a5 Posted at 2017-4-26 07:22
I can't seem to get the balance right. Just keep getting the flashing yellow indicator light and the app telling me to attach the phone.  I'm balanced ok...any help is greatly appreciated.  I bought the mobile for my note 7 and it was wonderful for that month and a half!

In the app, there's an option to disable phone detection, it might work.
2017-4-27
Use props
Doobious
lvl.1
Flight distance : 341663 ft
Jersey

My S8+ keeps disconnecting after about 60 seconds. Anyone else having this issue?  Also, no 4k but I'm sure this will come but... even my S7 still won't do 4k hypalapse?
2017-5-29
Use props
Doobious
lvl.1
Flight distance : 341663 ft
Jersey

POTUS Posted at 2017-4-23 13:00
Just got back from vacation and received my S8+ - happy to say my Osmo works great with it. It's awesome having a bigger display, loving it!

Hey, that's great to hear. My gimbal stops working after about 60 seconds and reconnects after 20-30 seconds. The app still works and records but the gimbal doesn't. I thought it was a weight thing but if yours ok then it must be just mine.  

What card are you using in your S8. Class 10 U3? I've using a Class 10 U1 and am getting footage with some judder. I think the bit rate is to slow for 4k @ 60Mbits/sec.  
2017-5-29
Use props
Lj.miodragovic
New

Serbia

I am changing phones often, and now I am using S8+. It does not work, DJI connects, but keep having message that I should mount phone on gimbal.
I have upgraded firmware, but no luck...
2017-6-5
Use props
Lj.miodragovic
New

Serbia

It works only if I disable "phone detection".
2017-6-5
Use props
jackiedh
lvl.4
Flight distance : 83589314 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lj.miodragovic Posted at 2017-6-5 04:21
It works only if I disable "phone detection".

My S8+ works but I can't get rid of the stretched view no matter what resolution I set the phone to.

Also disabling use Full Screen mode in the settings does not fix it!!

Jack
2017-6-5
Use props
jackiedh
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

jackiedh Posted at 2017-6-5 06:07
My S8+ works but I can't get rid of the stretched view no matter what resolution I set the phone to.

Also disabling use Full Screen mode in the settings does not fix it!!

Anyone know how to get rid of the stretched view?

Thanks

Jack
2017-6-6
Use props
POTUS
lvl.4
United States

Doobious Posted at 2017-5-29 04:32
Hey, that's great to hear. My gimbal stops working after about 60 seconds and reconnects after 20-30 seconds. The app still works and records but the gimbal doesn't. I thought it was a weight thing but if yours ok then it must be just mine.  

What card are you using in your S8. Class 10 U3? I've using a Class 10 U1 and am getting footage with some judder. I think the bit rate is to slow for 4k @ 60Mbits/sec.

Yeah the DJI app will decide not to work every now and again but other than that no issues running it. I've got a SanDisk 128 gb class 10 U3 card and it's working out nicely.
2017-6-7
Use props
jackiedh
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

jackiedh Posted at 2017-6-6 06:01
Anyone know how to get rid of the stretched view?

Thanks

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Jack
2017-6-8
Use props
Ariel.Britos
New

Argentina

Doobious Posted at 2017-5-29 03:07
My S8+ keeps disconnecting after about 60 seconds. Anyone else having this issue?  Also, no 4k but I'm sure this will come but... even my S7 still won't do 4k hypalapse?

De que color es tu telefono ? el mio es negro, y tengo ese problema
2017-7-14
Use props
kneeL
New
Flight distance : 6283 ft
United States

My issue is it always opens in stretched mode (like its sideways) and then simply crashes, and tries to re-open. Rinse, repeat.
Not sure how anyone gets the S8 to work.   DJI Go app is greyed out in the "full screen permissions" page so you cannot "turn on full screen" like others mentioned here.  Cannot find any useful info for using Galaxy S8+ anywhere.   I will probably buy Litchi and if that doesn't work the Osmo+ gets sold or returned
2017-8-26
Use props
kneeL
New
Flight distance : 6283 ft
United States

Weird I uninstalled and re-installed and now its fine
2017-8-26
Use props
evq
New
Singapore

I using Note 8 now, DJI Go app sometimes crashes due to unsupported screen resolution. Uninstall & re-install, problem solved, but it will come back again the next time i try to use the app.
No 4K support in the app. Anyone still have this problem?

Totally fine with my old S7.
2017-9-13
Use props
Girevik84
New
South Korea

evq Posted at 2017-9-13 05:14
I using Note 8 now, DJI Go app sometimes crashes due to unsupported screen resolution. Uninstall & re-install, problem solved, but it will come back again the next time i try to use the app.
No 4K support in the app. Anyone still have this problem?

Same issue here with me in note 8
i wonder when there will be an update for galaxy note 8 4k support
2017-9-17
Use props
fans29a19c31
lvl.2
Portugal

I'm using S8 + with osmo mobile and DJI GO APP whenever it has a new update it stops working and it needs to be reinstalled ... I think this happens with all Sansung Galaxy edge ... DJI should think of see this situation given that these smartphones  are the most used in the market now...
2017-10-23
Use props
RamonXanchex
New
Mexico

fans29a19c31 Posted at 2017-10-23 02:00
I'm using S8 + with osmo mobile and DJI GO APP whenever it has a new update it stops working and it needs to be reinstalled ... I think this happens with all Sansung Galaxy edge ... DJI should think of see this situation given that these smartphones  are the most used in the market now...

i have the same problem, did you find any solution?
2017-10-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans29a19c31 Posted at 2017-10-23 02:00

Do you mean the APP cannot be opened or the APP keeps crashing?
Have you tried any other Samsung mobile phone?
2017-10-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

RamonXanchex Posted at 2017-10-26 00:43
i have the same problem, did you find any solution?

What mobile device are your using? Sir.
2017-10-27
Use props
samisulaiman
New

Sudan

my osmo mobile stops working after failed update to 1.6.80 its dead now only red light its not blinking so please help me i just got it dont know what to do Best Regards
2017-10-27
Use props
RamonXanchex
New
Mexico

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-10-27 05:53
What mobile device are your using? Sir.

Galaxy s8 +
2017-10-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

samisulaiman Posted at 2017-10-27 09:05
my osmo mobile stops working after failed update to 1.6.80 its dead now only red light its not blinking so please help me i just got it dont know what to do Best Regards

Please try to keep pressing the Trigger button and then press shutter button three times, let us know the color of right indicator, thanks.
2017-10-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Thanks, and what Android system are your running? Will DJI Go 4 have the same problem?
We are collecting the info and will report to our engineers.
2017-10-27
Use props
RamonXanchex
New
Mexico

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-10-27 19:50
Thanks, and what Android system are your running? Will DJI Go 4 have the same problem?
We are collecting the info and will report to our engineers.

android 7.0
2017-10-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Thanks for the update, though Samsung S8+ is not in our compatible list, we will forward this issue to our engineers for attention.
Thanks for your feedback.
2017-10-31
Use props
11B250
lvl.1
Flight distance : 121801 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is anyone having a problem with the DJI Go app not keeping screen on while using? Mine does the dim followed by screen shut off. What's weird is, I've used my inspire 1 with DJI Go and that will keep it alive...

I have to touch the screen every 30 seconds or so, or change my timeout to never...

It's very hard to video myself with this issue.
2017-10-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

11B250 Posted at 2017-10-31 07:51
Is anyone having a problem with the DJI Go app not keeping screen on while using? Mine does the dim followed by screen shut off. What's weird is, I've used my inspire 1 with DJI Go and that will keep it alive...

I have to touch the screen every 30 seconds or so, or change my timeout to never...

Sir, sorry for the trouble caused.
We have been aware of this problem and our engineers are working on getting it addressed. Please note the next APP release.
Please use iOS mobile device temporarily if you have one.
2017-11-2
Use props
Debojit
New
India

Facing the same issue. Please notify when this is fixed. I wasn't expecting this as this is a very basic thing that should have been taken care of; not sure if this has been newly created bug or was existing since the beginning.  Please fix this issue ASAP!
Thanx!
2017-11-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Debojit Posted at 2017-11-2 10:27
Facing the same issue. Please notify when this is fixed. I wasn't expecting this as this is a very basic thing that should have been taken care of; not sure if this has been newly created bug or was existing since the beginning.  Please fix this issue ASAP!
Thanx!

Android DJI GO V3.1.22 has been released in phases to fixed this problem, please update in time.
We are so sorry for the trouble and inconvenience caused.
2017-11-3
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules