Remote Contoller now dead
8091 61 2015-2-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jesper88
New

Sweden

Only solid red. I have tryed different usb sticks but nothing is happening at all.
Both remote left no txt on the stick after trying update. :/
2015-3-4
Use props
pr0xyfl00d3r.20
New

United Kingdom

i'm still waiting on DJi to replace my RC, after they was giving me the try this and that... after i told them i have already tried assorts of stuff like that, i am a laptop engineer and do know how to diagnose faults .... do they really think peeps who splash £2380 on an inspire have no idea about tech.....

getting pissed off now, takes the piss :@
2015-3-6
Use props
piertex
lvl.3
Flight distance : 370282 ft
Italy

jesper88@outloo Posted at 2015-3-5 14:11
Only solid red. I have tryed different usb sticks but nothing is happening at all.
Both remote left  ...

THE SAME...:@
2015-3-6
Use props
pr0xyfl00d3r.20
New

United Kingdom

reflash via micro usb port, and when plugged in to a pc with it is sees the RC, so reflash via pc or http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/1983724.htm
Screen Shot 2015-03-07 at 08.02.27.png
2015-3-7
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

Same here! Solid red 10 minutes later, single beeps forever
2015-3-7
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

Do we wait for a fix? I've got $5000.00 Canadian tied up in this. You would think they wouldn't sell a product this expensive that doesn't work? Kinda bad for a companies reputation I'd think.
2015-3-7
Use props
piertex
lvl.3
Italy

Dangair Posted at 2015-3-7 17:31
Same here! Solid red 10 minutes later, single beeps forever

Sorry Dangair in dji app i have  DISCONNECTED..and you?.I have read means BRICK.i hope not...
2015-3-7
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

piertex@gmail.c Posted at 2015-3-7 17:48
Sorry Dangair in dji app i have  DISCONNECTED..and you?.I have read means BRICK.i hope not...

Brick? I thought that just means DJI owes me 5,000 dollars!
2015-3-7
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

Yep it's a brick alright! Both RC's are not taking an upgrade. Please DJI, help us, we are hurting here.
2015-3-7
Use props
stoneyphil
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Already posted on Dundee topic with the updating flow charts. :@I thought that after seeing a lot of success I'd be daring and upgrade to Firmware 17, I followed Dundee's flowchart to the letter and upgraded the Bird, SUCCESS, Then as pre the flowchart reformatted the card and downloaded the firmware, transferred as before to the card to update the TX, switched on okay and got the flashing blue /4 bleebs for 8 mins then it stopped for 3 seconds and started to continue the flashing blue /4 bleebs for 3 mins then got a solid RED and 4 white, checked the card and it stated FAIL, started again reformatted downloaded again inserted into the TX and now only get 5 white, nothing happening !!!, I'll call support tomorrow for advice
2015-3-7
Use props
stoneyphil
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Guys after the problem I had I contacted online support chat and pasted my problem, the very nice guys sent me a file, I followed their instructions and I'm back up and running, see attached photo of what they sent me. Thank you DJI Support.
TX fix for FW 17.png
2015-3-7
Use props
piertex
lvl.3
Italy

stoneyphil Posted at 2015-3-8 00:26
Guys after the problem I had I contacted online support chat and pasted my problem, the very nice gu ...

Hi stone,i tried yesterday with gs.file...but nothing.I hope that you'll be lucky..
2015-3-7
Use props
UM305
lvl.3

United States

Do you smoke?
keep-calm-and-welcome-to-the-jungle-48.png
2015-3-7
Use props
ea6le
lvl.2

Turks and Caicos Islands

After reading all this I am still skeptic about upgrading the firmware. What will you advise at this moment: upgrade or not?
Are there any improvements that will worth the risk? Will the drone stop flying if the firmware is not upgraded?
2015-3-7
Use props
stoneyphil
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I only did it as I was worried if I had a warranty issue and not having the correct FW loaded it would be invalidated, now this is behind me I would still be crapping when the next FW comes out unless there is a high rate of success. Good Luck
2015-3-7
Use props
jesper88
New

Denmark

Firmware update on the RC's has divided us into two problems

1. Those who get a blue LED when trying to update, but fails.
It can be fixed using the tools now available(the gs.bil file)

2. Those who do NOT get any blue led ever! nothing works. The RC's may have to be repaired or replaced by DJI because we can't fix it ourself

Im part of problem 2 ;)
2015-3-7
Use props
gwhiz2k
lvl.3

Canada

pr0xyfl00d3r.20 Posted at 2015-3-7 16:24
reflash via micro usb port, and when plugged in to a pc with it is sees the RC, so reflash via pc or ...

Can you elaborate on this? I tried flashing via Micro USB port, but nothing happened, and if I plug it into my PC, I don't have any drivers installed for "DJI CONTROLLER". How did you get it to update via PC?

Thanks
2015-4-8
Use props
kc1628
lvl.1

United States

jesper88@outloo Posted at 2015-3-8 05:14
Firmware update on the RC's has divided us into two problems

1. Those who get a blue LED when tryin ...

add me to the list of #2 statistics...there's a batch of problematic remotes out there, if you are lucky that's good, otherwise if your are #2, it means DJI needs to look into these remotes for a better solution...upgrading is pretty straightforward and the instructions are easy to follow.
2015-5-11
Use props
JKT
lvl.4

United States

Hey guys did you try updating your software from the gimbal? this happen to me on my last upgrade.

I was on the chat with DJI they sent me the file.... this is what he said to me:

format MIcro SD card to fat 32
put the file that DJI Support chat sents you to the Micro SD card
Turn on controller and connect the cable that goes into the gimabl to the RC
Place Sd Card on Gimbal Turn on Inspire 1 and let the gimabl reset and calibrate
After gimbal turn and does it stuff
Insert cable to the gimbal quickly

Leave it for a few minutues and see if it updates

Hope this helps
2015-5-11
Use props
DodgyTechie
New

Indonesia

1. Hi All, i have this same issue after updating to the latest FW Inspire_1_Firmwarev1.2.1.06_en. My Master remote will not start the FW update process at all with various new and older USB Thumb drives. Looks like the RC may have been bricked.
2. power on RC red light is lit.
3. RC can still control Inspire with no USB APP link.
4. Have tried on S5, Iphone, Ipad, Note 8. still no link
5. i only have the one controller and 900 dollas for a new controller doenst look so good.
any further ideas?
6. have tired the gs_ofdm.bin but to no avail.
7. the USB Drives have tried exfat and FAT32 formatted
8. small usb port on RC has connected to PC as a serial port using the SDK drivers.
9. small USB port on tail of inspire 1 give FW details in the DJI N1 assistant software - the RC does not get detected by this.
10. is there some utility to update the FW on the RC using the small USB port as a Serial connection - to repair the Bricked RC.
11. Inspire 1 took the FW update and txt file confirms update success.
12. flying the Inspire 1 without any Vid/OSD is frustrating as there is no indicator of the camera recording - leaving me with potential waste of time. Also cannot frame the objects of interest - all hit and miss and pray.
13. i really do not want to buy a second remote.
14. i have successfully installed previous FW on the RC and the Inspire 1.
15. i have tried many different cables - micro usb and Lightning to no avail - app remains with MSG DISCONNECTED.
16. Is there a way to fix this without sending back to DJI?
17. how can i enter engineering mode?18. where can i get the software DJI WM610? to run the serial over USB thru the micro USB port to reflash the eeprom/fw?
19. i have tried a MHL Micro USB to USB drive adaptor in the RC to no avail, with other USB drives with the FW on it.  
20. have tried connected to the gimbal to no avail.

Appreciate any further ideas...
2015-7-27
Use props
jaythomas
New

United States

jesper88@outloo Posted at 2015-3-5 01:11
Both remote left  ...

Jesper88,
What ever happened with your Radios.  I'm having the same problem.  The drone seems to have taken the firmware perfectly but my two radios are doing nothing now.
2015-9-2
Use props
jaythomas
New

United States

Does anyone have the "gs_ofdm.bin" file?  I have a bricked Radio and would like  to try that before sending in to DJI.
2015-9-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules