Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
What are Canadians doing?
1783 25 2017-3-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alirz5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 609833 ft
Canada

so while a lot of us are trying to voice our concerns about the recently introduced insane regulations regarding the use of unmanned aircrafts in Canada. Those of you living in or around major cities etc, what are you folks doing when it comes to flying your air crafts. Have you just stopped flying?
I for one live in Montreal and I'm finding it very unrealistic and pretty much impossible that I can fly anywhere on the island of Montreal without breaking one of the laws. Your thoughts?
2017-3-29
Use props
Lemonsorbie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3809 ft
Canada

$1600 flight sim
2017-3-29
Use props
bigdps
lvl.3
Canada

$2800 gathering dust. People caught drinking and driving have more lee way than we do. Go figure. How many people have been killed by quad copters in the past year or so? How many by drunken drivers? Doesn't make sense. We are the CRIMINALS with our flying machine.
2017-3-30
Use props
alirz5
lvl.4
Canada

Yeh.This is so unfair and wrong. More frustrating is that there is nothing we can do about this.
2017-3-30
Use props
Mustang1993
lvl.2

Canada

NOTHING are you kidding me.  Get off your butt and contact you local government and Member of parliament.  Sign up to any and all petitions you can find !
2017-4-17
Use props
alirz5
lvl.4
Canada

Mustang1993 Posted at 2017-4-17 07:45
NOTHING are you kidding me.  Get off your butt and contact you local government and Member of parliament.  Sign up to any and all petitions you can find !

You really think me voicing my concern, about being able to fly a UAV , to my local government rep is going to have any impact whatsoever? I've already signed up at least two petitions that are going on for this. They don't even have 3 thousands on it. You think anyone is going to pay attention to it?
This is Canada and on top of that I'm in Quebec.. Like i have a chance!
2017-4-17
Use props
Mustang1993
lvl.2

Canada

Most of the commercial manufacturers are already in discussions with Transport Canada DJI included.  Doing nothing will guarantee nothing will happen !!!  All it takes is numbers,  just look what happened to the Donald and his health care bill.  Politicians care about Votes not the issues !  If it means not being re-elected they change their mind fast.  They would have more then 3000 if more people would take an active approach.  When I first approached the local MPs It was the firs complaint they had.  I have gone beyond just petitions and will continue to do whatever I can in support of this great hobby
2017-4-17
Use props
simsstash
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1025823 ft
Canada

Here is a petition you can sign if you are interested. I have hopes that all Canadian Drone pilots will have a look at it.
2017-4-18
Use props
simsstash
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1025823 ft
Canada

Here is a petition you can sign if you want. I have hopes that all Canadian drone pilots will have a look at it. https://www.change.org/p/marc-ga ... drone-use-in-canada
2017-4-18
Use props
alirz5
lvl.4
Canada

yeh i had signed that weeks ago.
2017-4-18
Use props
Hauptmann2200
New
United States

What are the Canadians doing?  They sometimes wonder!
2017-4-18
Use props
fans6fd0b7e7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 178465 ft
Canada

Fly your drone
2017-4-18
Use props
bomberuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16759 ft
United Kingdom

if they ever do it here in the uk everyone i have spoke to on the forums will just ignore the stupid rules and fly anyway there is no way they would be able to police it
2017-4-18
Use props
Rusty Iron
lvl.3
Australia

Shout out to some Canadian entrepreneur - develop an app that shows where you CAN fly in Canada. You'll make a squillion. You're welcome.

Yes, I am being facetious. Unless....it just might.....nah, it'll never work....but what if it does...

If it does, I demand 50% of the profits. Or just a thank you, whatever floats your boat.
2017-4-19
Use props
MaverickMTL
New
Flight distance : 20318 ft
Canada

I'm using this tool to choose places where I can fly under the exceptions in Canada.
UAV Site Selection Tool

2017-4-24
Use props
Acidsnow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13 ft
Canada

You have stopped flying? why? the rules seem pretty clear to me here Look very closely at "Application" heading, section 3.2.  Clearly states doesn't apply to UAV's . . . . I'm not sure what you call your Mavic, but I would call it a UAV, and if you are not running a business with it, it's recreational - go fly my friend.
Capture.PNG
2017-4-24
Use props
Pierre35
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117881 ft
Malaysia

I'm travelling to Canada this coming May. With so many red tape, I'm not sure if I should bring my Mavic Pro. Mostly will travel to more remote area but with most national park banning the drone, I don't think I can get any nice footage.
2017-4-24
Use props
lildevilx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 264101 ft
Canada

alirz5 Posted at 2017-4-17 09:17
You really think me voicing my concern, about being able to fly a UAV , to my local government rep is going to have any impact whatsoever? I've already signed up at least two petitions that are going on for this. They don't even have 3 thousands on it. You think anyone is going to pay attention to it?
This is Canada and on top of that I'm in Quebec.. Like i have a chance!

as the other guy said, you do nothing, nothing will happen....

If everybody goes and talks to their MP/MPP things could change. you never know until it happens.

In the mean time i'll be flying my sub 250g~ and my mavic in the middle of nowhere
2017-4-24
Use props
Deepfreeze
lvl.4
Canada

Fly with caution. Don't be an idiot and no one will bother you. I still see drones flying in the park behind my house, no one has bothered them yet.
Personally, I fly mine at my cottage, the cottages beside me know I have one, and it doesn't bother them.
2017-4-24
Use props
Mayoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 299708 ft
Canada

Flying with Caution. 9KM Away from Major Airports
2017-4-24
Use props
bigdps
lvl.3
Canada

This pretty much sums up where in Canada we are allowed to fly!

2017-4-24
Use props
Aerial Gopher
lvl.1
Flight distance : 331906 ft
Canada

Acidsnow Posted at 2017-4-24 03:44
You have stopped flying? why? the rules seem pretty clear to me here Look very closely at "Application" heading, section 3.2.  Clearly states doesn't apply to UAV's . . . . I'm not sure what you call your Mavic, but I would call it a UAV, and if you are not running a business with it, it's recreational - go fly my friend.

I have seen that and I cannot figure out why they put the rules out there then have that state with out ANY doubt that it does not apply to UAV's.   Just print that out and keep it with you, when you are stopped, say, but this does not apply... see.....

I'm smart enough to know I can't fly it at my house... I can count the rivets on the planes as they fly by, Literally, straight up!    :-)
2017-4-24
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

Aerial Gopher Posted at 2017-4-24 15:33
I have seen that and I cannot figure out why they put the rules out there then have that state with out ANY doubt that it does not apply to UAV's.   Just print that out and keep it with you, when you are stopped, say, but this does not apply... see.....

I'm smart enough to know I can't fly it at my house... I can count the rivets on the planes as they fly by, Literally, straight up!    :-)

Gopher, I used to live close to JFK airport in NY I could count the rivets too lolll  --- I still have problems sleeping at night because I miss the sound of the Jet engines

Acidsnow <--- Your fellow Canadian just found you guy's the Loop Hole ya's are desperately in need of --- check his post#16
2017-4-24
Use props
Aerial Gopher
lvl.1
Flight distance : 331906 ft
Canada

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-4-24 16:01
Gopher, I used to live close to JFK airport in NY I could count the rivets too lolll  --- I still have problems sleeping at night because I miss the sound of the Jet engines

Acidsnow

Just to make you feel at home...
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=live+atc+jfk
2017-4-24
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

Aerial Gopher Posted at 2017-4-24 18:10
Just to make you feel at home...
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=live+atc+jfk

Gopher, Thanks --- just goes to show something's never change loollll
2017-4-25
Use props
Mustang1993
lvl.2

Canada

Are you totally unaware that UAV's have more regulations then recreational in Canada ?  If you are flying a UAV you need an SFOC which is a lot of paper work and requires at least 20 days for approval and that was before the inrush of more Drones.  As I've said in other threads, anything that is remotely piloted where you receive money is considered a UAV period.  The new regulations apply to anything powered  that is remotely flown from 250 grams to 35 kilograms.  Here's the link to that actual regulations not the infographic.  http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/mediaroo ... model-aircraft.html

UAV regulations are listed under the Cars documentation already.  https://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/acts-re ... tions-sor96-433.htm  I hope you like reading lol
2017-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules