three hours to go.
723 6 2017-3-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rob Spalding
lvl.2
Flight distance : 315584 ft
United Kingdom

Finally bit the bullet and cancelled my order with Amazon. I think having waited since November last year is long enough so I ordered from DJI three days ago. The Tracking update says it'll be here in three hours. What I'd like to ask concerns the items I did receive from Amazon, namely a spare battery. This was sent in January and hasn't even been taken out of the box yet. Is there anything special i should do to charge it with it not being used for such a long time. Also, any extra advice for unboxing, assembly and setup that might not be contained in the instructions. It's a little windy here at the moment so will probably leave the first flight till its a bit calmer. I have a Phantom 4 so not a total novice, not that it's made me arrogant to the dangers of new kit.
thanks for any thoughts.
Rob.
2017-3-30
Use props
Airobotix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 357310 ft
United Kingdom

Unboxing and set up is pretty straight forward, as for the original battery, you shouldn't have any problems, just put it on charge. Without wishing to appear like I'm trying to teach you to suck eggs, use beginner mode for the first couple of flights, just to get used to it. The first thing you'll notice is that it's a lot quieter than the Phantom and while the span is similar, it's so much smaller than the Phantom but because of the colour, a lot easier to see against a grey sky. Enjoy your new bird!
2017-3-30
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Two things come to mind:

• Seriously consider Care Refresh (I'm surprised at how many posts I see from people who crash without it) and if you decide to get it then buy it within 48 hours of registration, as it becomes more of a hassle to get after that.
  • At least some Mavics are shipped with only two of the four props already installed. Make sure that you install the other two correctly, as I've seen at least a couple of posts from experienced pilots who crashed because of incorrectly installed props.
2017-3-30
Use props
Rob Spalding
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thanks. Everything looks good and has updated nicely. Was strange that when i connected my ipad mini 2 it said everything was updating and then it did another update when i connected my iphone 5s. Baby steps for first couple of flights.
2017-3-30
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Just make sure the battery ROM is updated if prompted, if it shipped in January it's likely to have an older ROM than the one that shipped with your AC.
2017-3-30
Use props
Rob Spalding
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Ahhh. Thanks Ex, That maybe explains the 2 updates when i swapped to my Iphone. I'd also swapped batteries.
2017-3-31
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Sweden

Here is a link to a document that describes the App.

http://fromwhereidrone.com/dji-g ... -every-menu-button/

Happy flying
2017-3-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules