3394 21 2017-3-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RichfromHowellN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 508255 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a TB50 that I purchased from an DJI Authorized Reseller.   The lights on one of the batteries don't show up if you press the button on the battery.  If I put the battery in the Inspire 2, the DJI Go 4 app does show that the battery is charged and I flew with it once.  No problems with the battery but I don't like the fact that this is a brand new battery and the lights on the battery don't work.  Has anyone seen this problem before?

Unfortunately I purchased the TB50 Battery with my Inspire 2 about 4 weeks ago so I wound up having to ship it back to DJI for service or hopefully replacment.  I surely hope that this is not going to count towards one of my Inspire 2 Refresh's for the year.  I also hope that the lack of inventory at DJI (TB50 Batteries) is not going to delay its replacment either.
2017-3-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

The battery can be fully charged and functions properly, there is no any error message on the APP, right?
It seems the LED is faulty, could you please  record a small video  showing the problem if convenient? I'll report it to engineers to improve the QC.
Besides, have you contacted our tech support for this case?
2017-3-30
Use props
RichfromHowellN
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-30 20:19
The battery can be fully charged and functions properly, there is no any error message on the APP, right?
It seems the LED is faulty, could you please  record a small video  showing the problem if convenient? I'll report it to engineers to improve the QC.
Besides, have you contacted our tech support for this case?

DJI Natalia, I can't send a video because I shipped it back yesterday.  Yes I have a case and it got shipped out to California to be replaced.  Just was wondering if anyone else has seen this problem
2017-3-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

RichfromHowellN Posted at 2017-3-30 21:21
DJI Natalia, I can't send a video because I shipped it back yesterday.  Yes I have a case and it got shipped out to California to be replaced.  Just was wondering if anyone else has seen this problem

Never mind.
We'll take care of it for you once it arrives, appreciate your feedback and sorry for the inconvenience you've been caused.
2017-3-30
Use props
RichfromHowellN
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-30 22:28
Never mind.
We'll take care of it for you once it arrives, appreciate your feedback and sorry for the inconvenience you've been caused.

No problem and thank you for the followup.  I just wanted to share this with members of the community in case they see the same problem.
2017-3-31
Use props
RichfromHowellN
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-30 22:28
Never mind.

Oh my goodness.  The process to get this battery replaced taking abnormally too long.  The status states that it is now finally in a verified state.  A replacement battery should have been mailed out weeks ago.  This battery was DOA from the time I purchased it.  My fault for not acting sooner, otherwise I would have brought it back to my reseller.  Now I have to sit here and wait until my battery replacement is shipped.  This is not a repair DJI .... this is a DOA replacement.  I have spent hours on hold only to be told that the website will be updated with my status change soon.  I'm getting very disappointed with the support on this case.
2017-4-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

RichfromHowellN Posted at 2017-4-23 02:30
Oh my goodness.  The process to get this battery replaced taking abnormally too long.  The status states that it is now finally in a verified state.  A replacement battery should have been mailed out weeks ago.  This battery was DOA from the time I purchased it.  My fault for not acting sooner, otherwise I would have brought it back to my reseller.  Now I have to sit here and wait until my battery replacement is shipped.  This is not a repair DJI .... this is a DOA replacement.  I have spent hours on hold only to be told that the website will be updated with my status change soon.  I'm getting very disappointed with the support on this case.

I feel so sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience.
Just tracked the case with the e-mail you use for forum, I've informed the local repair team to handle this case as soon as possible so you can receive the battery soon.
2017-4-23
Use props
RichfromHowellN
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-4-23 22:09
I feel so sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience.
Just tracked the case with the e-mail you use for forum, I've informed the local repair team to handle this case as soon as possible so you can receive the battery soon.

DJI Natalia .... thank you so much for the follow up.  I spent a great deal of time on the phone yesterday and with your support chat folks.  They assured me that my replacement was being shipped out yesterday 2nd day air.  I even received a phone call back from your logistics team stating so as well.   I checked back again today because I still have not seen tracking information.  I checked back in with our online support and they told me that the courier has not picked up the package and until then, they would not have tracking information.  Then the support folks came back and said that they talked with your logistic team and they don't anticipate my replacement getting shipped for another 24-48 hours.  My battery was received by DJI back on May 30.  That was 25 days ago and this was clearly a DOA (new battery) that should have been just replaced.  Whenever I ship something from UPS, FedEx or USPS I have tracking information before the courier even picks up the package.  With all due respect someone is not being very truthful with me.
2017-4-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

RichfromHowellN Posted at 2017-4-25 14:33
DJI Natalia .... thank you so much for the follow up.  I spent a great deal of time on the phone yesterday and with your support chat folks.  They assured me that my replacement was being shipped out yesterday 2nd day air.  I even received a phone call back from your logistics team stating so as well.   I checked back again today because I still have not seen tracking information.  I checked back in with our online support and they told me that the courier has not picked up the package and until then, they would not have tracking information.  Then the support folks came back and said that they talked with your logistic team and they don't anticipate my replacement getting shipped for another 24-48 hours.  My battery was received by DJI back on May 30.  That was 25 days ago and this was clearly a DOA (new battery) that should have been just replaced.  Whenever I ship something from UPS, FedEx or USPS I have tracking information before the courier even picks up the package.  With all due respect someone is not being very truthful with me.

I can understand how you feel, sincerely apologize for the difficulties you are experience. The battery should have been shipped out as promised.
I asked them again to check what happened and make sure it will be shipped out soon and provide you the tracking number, appreciate your patience.
2017-4-25
Use props
RichfromHowellN
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-4-25 23:17
I can understand how you feel, sincerely apologize for the difficulties you are experience. The battery should have been shipped out as promised.
I asked them again to check what happened and make sure it will be shipped out soon and provide you the tracking number, appreciate your patience.

Thanks once again DJI Natalia for your assistance and follow-up.
2017-4-26
Use props
RichfromHowellN
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-4-25 23:17

DJI Natalia ... I once again checked back in for my tracking information from your support folks and was told by Michael James from DJI Support that I will receive an email with this tracking information.  Yet I never get any email.  So here I am one day later with the same excuse that I've been getting for the last couple of weeks.
2017-4-26
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

RichfromHowellN Posted at 2017-4-26 09:36
DJI Natalia ... I once again checked back in for my tracking information from your support folks and was told by Michael James from DJI Support that I will receive an email with this tracking information.  Yet I never get any email.  So here I am one day later with the same excuse that I've been getting for the last couple of weeks.

Could you happen to provide me with your case number so I can look into it?
2017-4-26
Use props
RichfromHowellN
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-26 14:48
Could you happen to provide me with your case number so I can look into it?

DJI Jamie ... I just finally received my tracking information last night.  If you have the ability to send me a private message I can send you my Case Number for quality assurance purposes if you wish.
2017-4-27
Use props
RichfromHowellN
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

RichfromHowellN Posted at 2017-4-27 00:28
DJI Jamie ... I just finally received my tracking information last night.  If you have the ability to send me a private message I can send you my Case Number for quality assurance purposes if you wish.

DJI Jamie  .... that nightmare continues.  Instead of sending me my replacement TB50 Battery, I was shipped 2 x Mavic Batteries and Mavic Props.  I was given another case to ship these back.  The email said it could take up to 2 days for the UPS Labels to get to me.  In the interim I'm still without my Inspire 2 TB50 battery from my original case.  DJI Customer Service could not explain why they sent me the wrong parts.

So here is my timelines thus far:

3/4/2017 - I purchased my Inspire 2 with several TB50 Batteries
3/30/2017 - I first tried to use this TB50 battery for the first time and found it to be DOA.  I spoke with my reseller who told me it was too late to return it to them and I had to open a case with DJI
4/6/2017 - According to UPS they delivered bad TB50 Battery to DJI
4/12/2017 - DJI first marked my battery as "received"
4/19/2017 - DJI first verified that the battery was bad and needed to be replaced
4/26/2017 - DJI shipped a replacement TB50 Battery to me
4/27/2017 - I received 2 Mavic Batteries and 2 sets of Mavic Props from DJI instead of the TB50 Battery Replacement.  I called DJI and they opened a new case telling me that they were sorry but I would first have to ship back Mavic Batteries and Mavic Props before they could begin the process of replacing my TB50 all over again.  

Based on their estimates, I will not see my battery replacement until May 29th.  That being said it will take me a total of 2 months before I can get a Brand New DOA Battery Replaced by DJI.  It is very clear to me that the growth of the DJI Service Department has not kept up with the increase in World Sales.  Incidentally I did purchase the DJI Care Refresh.

This was my TB50 Replacment Sent by DJI

This was my TB50 Replacment Sent by DJI
2017-4-27
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

RichfromHowellN Posted at 2017-4-27 06:45
DJI Jamie  .... that nightmare continues.  Instead of sending me my replacement TB50 Battery, I was shipped 2 x Mavic Batteries and Mavic Props.  I was given another case to ship these back.  The email said it could take up to 2 days for the UPS Labels to get to me.  In the interim I'm still without my Inspire 2 TB50 battery from my original case.  DJI Customer Service could not explain why they sent me the wrong parts.

So here is my timelines thus far:

If you could reply to my PM requesting the previous case number, I can try to see what happened. Have you contacted Support about this as well?
2017-4-27
Use props
RichfromHowellN
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-27 09:52
If you could reply to my PM requesting the previous case number, I can try to see what happened. Have you contacted Support about this as well?

DJI-Jamie .... would it be possible for me to send you this information privately?  I would rather not post my case number here on the forum.  If you could send me a private email, I will definitely respond back with both case numbers.
2017-4-27
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

RichfromHowellN Posted at 2017-4-27 10:43
DJI-Jamie .... would it be possible for me to send you this information privately?  I would rather not post my case number here on the forum.  If you could send me a private email, I will definitely respond back with both case numbers.

I unfortunately do not have an email that could be used for this. The PM is a private system, so responding there would not be in plain view for others to see. Were you able to see what I sent in the PM section of your account page?
2017-4-27
Use props
RichfromHowellN
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-27 11:05
I unfortunately do not have an email that could be used for this. The PM is a private system, so responding there would not be in plain view for others to see. Were you able to see what I sent in the PM section of your account page?

Yes and I just replied to your PM.  Thank you
2017-4-27
Use props
RichfromHowellN
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-27 11:05

Yes and I just replied
2017-4-27
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

RichfromHowellN Posted at 2017-4-27 13:17
Yes and I just replied to your PM.  Thank you

I got them. I'll let you know what the next course of action would be.
2017-4-27
Use props
RichfromHowellN
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-27 14:06
I got them. I'll let you know what the next course of action would be.

Thank you DJI-Jamie
2017-4-27
Use props
RichfromHowellN
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

The nightmare is over.  Kudos to DJI-Jamie!  Thank you thank you thank you.  I finally received my Inspire 2 TB-50 battery today.  All the tech support people were really giving me the run around but DJI-Jamie came through and after almost 5 weeks I have my replacement!
2017-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules