Replacement Drone
1020 12 2017-3-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
zeekman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 696506 ft
Canada

Has anybody gotten a replacement drone from a flyaway under warranty? DJI won't warranty mine because they say there was no info on what happened to mine in the flight logs.
2017-3-30
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

I can't say as I blame them. I mean if there is no evidence of what happened, why would you feel obligated to replace the product? There are flight logs, and it should record all activity. Hey, I feel for you, really. And I'm sorry for your loss, but it sounds like one of those bad situations. You might post you logs to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/ and see if someone else could analyze your data.
2017-3-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

What is your email used with the GO app and I can review your flight.
2017-3-30
Use props
Callatis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 511112 ft
Canada

Were you using any other app than DJI GO?
2017-3-30
Use props
zeekman
lvl.3
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-30 10:21
What is your email used with the GO app and I can review your flight.

My Email is gnosko@sympatico.ca  There where three flights on that day March 16. RTH worked fine on the first two but did not RTH on the last flight after signal lost. Check my thread started on March 22
2017-3-30
Use props
zeekman
lvl.3
Canada

Callatis Posted at 2017-3-30 10:30
Were you using any other app than DJI GO?

I was using DJI Go app
2017-3-30
Use props
zeekman
lvl.3
Canada

RicardoGray Posted at 2017-3-30 10:20
I can't say as I blame them. I mean if there is no evidence of what happened, why would you feel obligated to replace the product? There are flight logs, and it should record all activity. Hey, I feel for you, really. And I'm sorry for your loss, but it sounds like one of those bad situations. You might post you logs to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/ and see if someone else could analyze your data.

Here is the flight log  [url=http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Y4Q0VXZMTFKQUMJCFC74/   The drone should have RTH but did not.
2017-3-30
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Y4Q0VXZMTFKQUMJCFC74/

(courtesy of msinger)

Are you sure it didn't hover and auto land where it was?  

How was the wind that day?  
2017-3-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

zeekman Posted at 2017-3-30 11:05
I was using DJI Go app

I just looked at your flight and I think something hit your aircraft.
You were just about at 600ft and you can see at the very end there is a violent spin then nothing else is recorded.
If you play back the flight in your flight records you can see the same thing.
If it had lost a prop it would still record but it just ends immediately after the violent spin to the right a full 360.
2017-3-30
Use props
zeekman
lvl.3
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-30 11:16
I just looked at your flight and I think something hit your aircraft.
You were just about at 600ft and you can see at the very end there is a violent spin then nothing else is recorded.
If you play back the flight in your flight records you can see the same thing.

I was spinning the AC filming the area.  I did not see anything hit the aircraft. Where did the AC go? It should have RTH after losing signal.
2017-3-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

zeekman Posted at 2017-3-30 11:28
I was spinning the AC filming the area.  I did not see anything hit the aircraft. Where did the AC go? It should have RTH after losing signal.

Look closely at the last second of the recording, it was a violent spin to the right more than 360° and there was no stick input from you. The entire spin was a fraction of a second, the aircraft cannot turn that fast on it's own.
You were almost almost 1,500ft away from the aircraft, and it looks like it lost signal because it was hit therefore there is no RTH.
2017-3-30
Use props
zeekman
lvl.3
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-30 11:38
Look closely at the last second of the recording, it was a violent spin to the right more than 360° and there was no stick input from you. The entire spin was a fraction of a second, the aircraft cannot turn that fast on it's own.
You were almost almost 1,500ft away from the aircraft, and it looks like it lost signal because it was hit therefore there is no RTH.

Where would the AC have gone? I searched the whole area and could not find the AC. I would have seen it drop out of the sky since I was walking toward it when I lost signal.
2017-3-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

zeekman Posted at 2017-3-30 11:47
Where would the AC have gone? I searched the whole area and could not find the AC. I would have seen it drop out of the sky since I was walking toward it when I lost signal.

I don't know, you were 1,500ft away, that's a pretty far distance to see something the size of a Phantom.
I'd go look on the roof of the corner house on Woodland and Rose$%#$ or in that vicinity.

2017-3-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules