DJI wil not take responsibility for shipping (WARRANTY)
2083 29 2017-3-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans6d8fcba9
lvl.2
Norway

Hi,
I got reply from DJI (service request) that I should pay for shipping from Norway to Netherlands via DHL or similar company even though it's a warranty claim. They didn't provide UPS ticket, and shipping in one direction costs over 100 euros. It is regular jello/jitter problem with my Mavic. No way I am paying for shipping, that is simply too much!

What is this all about?!?!
2017-3-30
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Second Officer
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

Where did you purchase your Mavic?
2017-3-30
Use props
fans6d8fcba9
lvl.2
Norway

Ebay, authorized dealer.
2017-3-30
Use props
fans6d8fcba9
lvl.2
Norway

I really can't believe I just had this experience. This is turning into a nightmare.
Uten navn.png
Uten navn2.png
Uten navn3.png
Uten navn4.png
Uten navn5.png
Uten navn6.png
Uten navn7.png
2017-3-30
Use props
fans6d8fcba9
lvl.2
Norway

Anyone? Could use some help from DJI people who can try to explain some of this.
2017-3-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

We sympathize with your pain and sincerely sorry for the jello/jitter problem on my Mavic.
Since the UPS shipping label does not cover you region, you need to send it in by yourself and DJI will cover the shipping cost to send it back to you.
We are checking with appropriate department now for your case to see what we can do for you, appreciate your patience and understanding.
2017-3-30
Use props
fans73d5e1f0
lvl.1
United Kingdom

You need to speak to the Authorised seller as under EU law you have the right to a FREE repair at no cost to you, especially if this is a manufacturing defect. I posted the details to you on the other forum regarding your rights here.
2017-3-31
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

How long have you owned your drone?
2017-3-31
Use props
Dronoob
lvl.4
Flight distance : 126079 ft
Germany

Usually, the seller is responsible to cover all warranty claims. So, it probably goes like: you --> seller --> DJI Netherlands --> seller --> you. You should get in touch with the seller. If he tells you to send it directly to DJI he has to cover the costs for that.

If you bought from DJI directly, it would very likely not comply with European laws that you have to pay for the shipping of a warranty issue. The reason "Since the UPS shipping label does not cover you region" is in that case a DJI problem and not a customer issue.
2017-3-31
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

Dronoob Posted at 2017-3-31 07:14
Usually, the seller is responsible to cover all warranty claims. So, it probably goes like: you --> seller --> DJI Netherlands --> seller --> you. You should get in touch with the seller. If he tells you to send it directly to DJI he has to cover the costs for that.

He already said he purchased from "Ebay, authorized dealer."
2017-3-31
Use props
fans6d8fcba9
lvl.2
Norway

DJI offered extra battery in exchange for shipping costs today. I will accept that and ship on Monday, i hope for the best.
DJI please do something about DJI care in Norway as that is not available either. Craziest thing is that if i register DJI care on my friends address in Sweden (which is 80km away) i can get it, but i really don't want to fake my address. Norway is not full EU member, but is European and EØS country and there is no reason Denmark and Sweden have full rights, but not Norway.  I really don't understand why UPS in Oslo is excluded!? It exists, and works well i could deliver it there.
https://www.ups.com/content/no/en/contact/

In case anybody was wondering how my problem looks like. It's there even with the motors off, in the low light.

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=PLUPAcQLYs8

2017-3-31
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans6d8fcba9 Posted at 2017-3-31 08:48
DJI offered extra battery in exchange for shipping costs today. I will accept that and ship on Monday, i hope for the best.
DJI please do something about DJI care in Norway as that is not available either. Craziest thing is that if i register DJI care on my friends address in Sweden (which is 80km away) i can get it, but i really don't want to fake my address. Norway is not full EU member, but is European and EØS country and there is no reason Denmark and Sweden have full rights, but not Norway.  I really don't understand why UPS in Oslo is excluded!? It exists, and works well i could deliver it there.
https://www.ups.com/content/no/en/contact/

Appreciate your update and nice to know the progress.
I've reported your feedback to our DJI Care Team, hope it will cover more regions.
We'll take care of it once it arrives, thanks for your support!
2017-3-31
Use props
fans6d8fcba9
lvl.2
Norway

Thank you for your help, i will keep you updated.
2017-4-1
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Sweden

fans6d8fcba9 Posted at 2017-4-1 06:22
Thank you for your help, i will keep you updated.

Glad it seems to work out for you.

Hope you will be back in the Air soon again
2017-4-1
Use props
fans6d8fcba9
lvl.2
Norway

I am currently having issues with DHL, as they can't guarantee that DJI won't receive customs/tax/import charges even though it's temporary export. Drone value should be reported as actual value, 999 dollars, and insurance should be paid accordingly which only raises the cost of shipping. This just blows my mind. I asked DJI to consider sending me spare gimbal with controller board, and than I could replace it locally. Even though it will void warranty.

@DJI Natalia, do you think that might be possible?
2017-4-3
Use props
fans6d8fcba9
lvl.2
Norway

Should have read the reviews first

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/delivery/dhl.html
2017-4-3
Use props
fans6d8fcba9
lvl.2
Norway

Things are getting weird

2017-4-3
Use props
FrankTheTankk
lvl.1
United States

fans6d8fcba9 Posted at 2017-4-3 16:25
Things are getting weird

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auUxmVpwq74

I am in the same exact position, only I have not yet received my Mavic Pro. After watching this video I am going to ask for a full refund.

Insane!!

That guy should get a medal for putting up with DJI for two months.
2017-4-3
Use props
fans6d8fcba9
lvl.2
Norway

I would really appreciate replacement gimbal with the board, as I am not sure anymore I want to send my Mavic back. Everything else is working well. and I don't want Frankenstein back. I don't have the option to send it either, as shipping doesn't work the way DJI suggests it should. By the way, DJI doesn't accept regular post, which is 100 times better in Norway than DHL and other services. Still don't get why they won't use UPS in Oslo.
2017-4-3
Use props
fans6d8fcba9
lvl.2
Norway

The last resort is escalating this to Norwegian authorities, as the item is sold to a Norwegian customer, sent to Norwegian soil by authorized seller, with import charges paid, paid through PayPal with a credit card,. Laws and rules still apply. But I really hope we can resolve this as grownups, as the guy in the video suggests.
2017-4-3
Use props
Junior_NO
lvl.2
Flight distance : 578622 ft
Norway

I live in Norway too and I have the same problem with DJI not cover my expenses for shipping.
I had to send it in two times. The first time after a crash caused by a faulty battery and the second time for a problem with the gimbal.
First time I paid out of my own pocket but the second time I got Komplett to take the cost for the shipping.
DJI have offered me a battery and two sets of propellers for the inconvenience.
2017-4-3
Use props
fans6d8fcba9
lvl.2
Norway

Wow. Komplett is also a piece of work...

Did you use DHL or some other service?
2017-4-4
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

fans6d8fcba9 Posted at 2017-4-3 21:08
The last resort is escalating this to Norwegian authorities, as the item is sold to a Norwegian customer, sent to Norwegian soil by authorized seller, with import charges paid, paid through PayPal with a credit card,. Laws and rules still apply. But I really hope we can resolve this as grownups, as the guy in the video suggests.

Just open a claim with Paypal.
2017-4-4
Use props
Junior_NO
lvl.2
Flight distance : 578622 ft
Norway

fans6d8fcba9 Posted at 2017-4-4 06:33
Wow. Komplett is also a piece of work...

Did you use DHL or some other service?

Komplett sent me a shipping label with PostNord. The unit will be shipped to Komplett first and they will forward it to the Netherlands.
2017-4-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans6d8fcba9 Posted at 2017-4-3 21:08

Please keep us posted, hope it will be solved soon.
2017-4-5
Use props
fans6d8fcba9
lvl.2
Norway

Sorry, but i decided not to trust DJI repair center. I need my Mavic for my job and i don't have the luxury of sending it back and forth, as there are too many horror stories around. DJI didn't provide invoice for temporary export as they should, and promised. They don't want to send replacement gimbal even though it will void my warranty and it's me who is taking chances. Gimbal and camera can't cost more than 100 bucks in production, and this is how cheap DJI is.

After last video watched, and replies from my unfortunate Norwegian friend i am regretting this purchase more than anything  i have purchased before, and this is last DJI product i will ever own.

I hope i will sell it eventually cheap with the flaw to someone who isn't bothered by that, if anyone will buy this thing as it's gaining terrible reputation despite glorious introduction.

However i found temporary solution today when i received a set of filters for Mavic. When filters are added, even transparent UV filter problem disappears. The flaw is obviously badly balanced gimbal or resonances as another youtuber suggested. So there is serial flaw(s) in the design and/or production DJI won't admit. In the real world in combination with this kind of return policy this is called crime, and fraud. But i am sure this will come back and bite you eventually DJI. This units are yet to be produced, sold, malfunction and serviced, and i am afraid it won't be pretty.

I still have 1 year warranty, and if other problems occur such as failing batteries, compass freakouts, emergency landings in water, and many more known and reported i will send it back. Seeing what king of problems other people have i am starting to consider my self lucky.

Another brand new video from another reputable Youtuber,

And another guy who fixed the issue the same way i did.

2017-4-5
Use props
fans6d8fcba9
lvl.2
Norway

And another unfortunate guy from Ibiza who had similar problems with DJI, but this time from a full EU member country. He replied to my cry for help on Mavic Pilots forum.
Untitled-1.jpg
2017-4-5
Use props
fans6d8fcba9
lvl.2
Norway

2017-4-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

If I were in your position, I would feel just as you do.
I am happy to hear you got it working properly finally, also we checked the videos you shared with us here and replied them to provide help.
We're working hard to improve our product quality and service so that you could have great experience on us, your feedback provides motivation to be better, thank you for your support!
2017-4-7
Use props
fans6d8fcba9
lvl.2
Norway

Wait, don't twist my statement. It is not working properly. I am using filters to help balance gimbal. Without those it is still shaking!
2017-4-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules