1222 6 2017-3-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jaffanz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 83930 ft
New Zealand

Hi.
Using a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 2016 model. It works well as far as loads, and of course screen realestate is excellent, also fits snug with the controller.

the issue... the maps used to exist. since moving to 4.0.5 the maps are all blank... ?

I go to offline maps and all i see is a list of damn chinese cities. wtf. i'm in New Zealand.

Anyone else have no maps available, or none in their area to download offline etc?

cheers.

2017-3-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello jaffanz, could you please post some screenshots of the map for better assistance?
2017-3-31
Use props
jaffanz
lvl.2
New Zealand

Hi.happy to. they are attached (if i did it correctly).

my tablet google maps works perfectly, it has a 4G connected sim card.

when flying with drone i have no issues with gps connectivity and locations.- just no maps
- no update or showing maps of where i'm standing in any of the 3 map modes
- no offline cache available.

cheers

version

version

only chinese cities

only chinese cities
2017-4-2
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

In the menus is a setting to disable chinese maps.  I get my maps no problem, just the app crashes every flight.  Was OK on previous Android OS and previous GO4 app.
2017-4-3
Use props
jaffanz
lvl.2
New Zealand

Hi.

DJI Mindy; any thoughts?

Bill; could you point out where exactly you went for that menu please? I don't see it on my 4.0.5 on the Android Tablet.
I used to see the higher level zones, then could expand those or download entirely and proceeded to download/offline New Zealand and Indonesia no problem. oh the good old days before this bollocks now lol.

2017-4-3
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

jaffanz Posted at 2017-4-3 23:52
Hi.

DJI Mindy; any thoughts?

After you start up rc, drone, dji go4 app the screen shows 3 dots on right top corner of screen.  Touch that and it opens a menu.  The first menu at the top says "general sttings"  scroll down to Map (light grey print) under it says Enable Amap (for china mainland) set to off.  Calibrate map coordinates (For China Mainland) set to off.  I also turn on show flight route (that will make a trace of where you fly on the map.

Hope that helps
2017-4-5
Use props
jaffanz
lvl.2
New Zealand

Hi Bill.

thanks mate. solved, that was indeed the settings. last update must of flicked it to china is all i can think was the cause.

awesome cheers.
2017-4-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules