Wich phone for Phantom Standard: Iphone 5c or Samsung galaxy s5?
1652 16 2017-3-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Manowarrior87
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hello Drone fans!

I will have my very first drone ever soon. My wallet could afford the standard version of DJI phantom, but I heard millions of good reviews about it.
However, I have a problem. My smart phone is dead now, and I need to buy a new one. I do not really have houndeds of pounds for it, maximum 200, and I cannot decide, what one to choose. The first one is the Samsung Galaxy s5. The problem with this that I was watching you tube videos, that said s5 does not want to work with the DJI Go app, eighter with Litchi. Some said, it works perfectly. What do you think?

The other choice is the Iphone 5c 32g. This one has a bit worse specs, like processor (dual core), speed, etc. But the good point is that it is An apple product. I heard the IOS works better on these drones then on Android.

What can you advice? Or maybe another phne, acheaper one, that works perfectly with DJI phantom standard?

Thank You very much for the answers,

Have a good day,
Bye
2017-3-31
Use props
Phantom3ProPilo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 612825 ft
Croatia

Galaxy S5 definitely just because of a bigger screen There will be people saying that Android crashes a lot and has issues but whatever Android phone or tablet I tried it worked perfectly with my Phantom 3 Professional I also remember I tried my brother's Galaxy S4 and had no issues
2017-3-31
Use props
Manowarrior87
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Phantom3ProPilo Posted at 2017-3-31 02:05
Galaxy S5 definitely just because of a bigger screen There will be people saying that Android crashes a lot and has issues but whatever Android phone or tablet I tried it worked perfectly with my Phantom 3 Professional I also remember I tried my brother's Galaxy S4 and had no issues

Thank You for Your reply.
I was thinking the same. I was not sure to be honest, because it seems DJI made a choice towards Apple, and leave android back... It would be really unfortunate, because I am an android fun. So Are you sure, DJI go and Litchi is available and up to date to use? I really hope so.
Thanks
2017-3-31
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

Manowarrior87 Posted at 2017-3-31 04:15
I was thinking the same. I was not sure to be honest, because it seems DJI made a choice towards Apple, and leave android back... It would be really unfortunate, because I am an android fun. So Are you sure, DJI go and Litchi is available and up to date to use? I really hope so.
Thanks

I use S5 J and it works ok so S5 should work better. I also have Litchi.
It look like Litchi do need less process power than DJI Go but newer run both apps at same time.
2017-3-31
Use props
Phantom3ProPilo
lvl.4
Croatia

Manowarrior87 Posted at 2017-3-31 04:15
Thanks

I mostly use DJI GO but have no issues with Litchi either There's actually no need for Litchi unless you'll be doing waypoints and things like motion tracking or fpv flying
But considering the apps itself they're the same on both platforms (Android and iOS)
If you actually run into issues you can easily downgrade to an older version of the app if you opt out for Android since the new ones seem to be more power hungryBut there's much more work included to downgrade an app on iOS (I think it includes jailbraking)
2017-3-31
Use props
Manowarrior87
lvl.1
United Kingdom

G_Sig Posted at 2017-3-31 04:34
I use S5 J and it works ok so S5 should work better. I also have Litchi.
It look like Litchi do need less process power than DJI Go but newer run both apps at same time.

So should not I worry about buying an android device? because I don`t want that if I buy a phone and it wouldn't work properly. Why some android users have issues with the app? Or these are rare cases?
2017-3-31
Use props
Phantom3ProPilo
lvl.4
Croatia

Manowarrior87 Posted at 2017-3-31 04:39
So should not I worry about buying an android device? because I don`t want that if I buy a phone and it wouldn't work properly. Why some android users have issues with the app? Or these are rare cases?

If you run into issues you can easily downgrade to an older version of the app if you opt out for Android since the new ones seem to be more power hungryBut there's much more work included to downgrade an app on iOS (I think it includes jailbraking)
[size=46.6407px]I think that those people complaining are just rare cases since the DJI's drone users are half Android, half iOS
[size=46.6407px]But Galaxy S5 is a pretty strong phone and will definitely be able to handle this
[size=46.6407px]I may test the S5 when I get some time if you want since a friend of mine has it
2017-3-31
Use props
Manowarrior87
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Phantom3ProPilo Posted at 2017-3-31 04:44
If you run into issues you can easily downgrade to an older version of the app if you opt out for Android since the new ones seem to be more power hungryBut there's much more work included to downgrade an app on iOS (I think it includes jailbraking)
I think that those people complaining are just rare cases since the DJI's drone users are half Android, half iOS
But Galaxy S5 is a pretty strong phone and will definitely be able to handle this

ow, that would be awesome, thank you very much. When could you test it? I really appreciate it !!!!!!!!
2017-3-31
Use props
Phantom3ProPilo
lvl.4
Croatia

Manowarrior87 Posted at 2017-3-31 04:54
ow, that would be awesome, thank you very much. When could you test it? I really appreciate it !!!!!!!!

I could maybe tomorrow but I'm not 100% sure
Will let you know if I do
2017-3-31
Use props
stuka75
Second Officer
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

Never had android crash on either my tablet or S5.
2017-3-31
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Best to stick with an Apple product. DJI products and IOS get along great.
2017-3-31
Use props
KENSY
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10696 ft
United States

I have been using an S3 that I retired, I would suggest force stop or disable any other apps and keep just the DJI GO app as its only app running. Works fine for me.
Best Regards,
2017-3-31
Use props
Rob1962
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1517451 ft
United States

I have been using my Galaxy Note 4 with no issues just end task all other Apps running.
2017-4-1
Use props
Manowarrior87
lvl.1
United Kingdom

stuka75 Posted at 2017-3-31 13:03
Never had android crash on either my tablet or S5.

Thank you !
2017-5-9
Use props
Manowarrior87
lvl.1
United Kingdom

KENSY Posted at 2017-3-31 16:31
I have been using an S3 that I retired, I would suggest force stop or disable any other apps and keep just the DJI GO app as its only app running. Works fine for me.
Best Regards,

Thanks Kensy. It works very well so far. Fingers cross!!
2017-5-9
Use props
Manowarrior87
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Rob1962 Posted at 2017-4-1 09:48
I have been using my Galaxy Note 4 with no issues just end task all other Apps running.

Ok I did and this is working. Good solution. Thank you very much!
2017-5-9
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

More RAM in device than more fun to look at the life feed and the Apps for flying are in the best play ground . Stable... For Ios or android.....
2017-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules