Australia

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-3-31
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

If you provide your case number, I can see what was done. Most likely the RC was replaced, as they tend to be. As far as your description of the manual pairing sequence, can you please double check that it was the following:

* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller.
* Press C1, C2, and the record button on the controller, then the controller will beep like D-DD. This may take a few seconds of holding it.
*While holding the buttons, press the wheel on the right side of the controller (ISO) and then the first light of the controller will become blue and it will constantly beep DDDD.
* Use a pen to click the linking button on the aircraft and hold for 3-5 seconds, and then take the pen off the aircraft and wait, it will be linked soon.

I would also recommend first performing a RC reset to ensure that there aren't any odd presets that could be causing issues:

* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller then turn the controller off while still holding the buttons.
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller and link the remote.

Let me know if this helps.
2017-3-31
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

could it be that the controller is not on a firmware version compatible with the bird?  Would it be safe to assume the radio is on the latest, hence the bird has to be upgraded to the latest? I know that some versions of firmware do require same "family" on both sides....
U can tell from the GO app what is the firmware on the radio, on the drone, I am not sure how u can tell without having it linked up....
GT
2017-3-31
Use props
fans973001ad
Banned
Flight distance : 8264 ft
Australia

2017-3-31
Use props
fans973001ad
Banned
Australia

2017-3-31
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fans973001ad Posted at 2017-3-31 14:22
CAS-501982-L4X3C6 the rc is the same one i sent away i put a dot on it with a texta befor it left.
ill try what you said to do when i get out of bed. ty

Please let me know how it turns out when you can.
2017-3-31
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
United States

Did you follow Jamie's procedure to reset the remote and relink? What happened?
If not, check if there's anyone in your area that would let you test using their remote? Perhaps some hobby store would help? We can onlky assume that DJI did bind it to some device for testing, and tested that functionality, but I cannot imagine them not doing it.. weird!
Good luck getting this fixed! Hope ur in the air soon!
2017-3-31
Use props
fans973001ad
Banned
Australia

2017-3-31
Use props
fans973001ad
Banned
Australia

2017-3-31
Use props
fans973001ad
Banned
Australia

2017-4-1
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fans973001ad Posted at 2017-4-1 06:58
OK it was flashing red whit red white last time this time i turned it on its still linked front lights are solid red back are blinking 2 quick flashes green?.
the app wont connect to the drone no matter what i do?

Based on your description, it seems as though the aircraft registers that it's connected to the RC. In order to help with the connection, what mobile device are you using? Can you verify which Go app version you have?
2017-4-1
Use props
fans973001ad
Banned
Australia

2017-4-1
Use props
fans973001ad
Banned
Australia

2017-4-1
Use props
fans973001ad
Banned
Australia

2017-4-1
Use props
fans973001ad
Banned
Australia

2017-4-1
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fans973001ad Posted at 2017-4-1 18:59
its totally destroyed now and i'm running out of warenty while you're messingme around and dont say sorry or you know how i feel you dont time to replace my controler under warenty now your repairer has totally destroyed it

If you've tried performing what I initially provided without success and feel that it's a waste to perform any further troubleshooting, then the RC needs to go back to the Support Center to be addressed as an escalation. Have you been in contact with Support to potentially have it sent in again since discovering this issue?
2017-4-2
Use props
fans973001ad
Banned
Australia

2017-4-2
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
United States

Seems to me like perhaps you should send in both the radio and the quad, so they can pair it for you, make sure nothing else is wrong - i assume u r still under warranty..  perhaps they can work out some expedited fix time for you...  Where are you anyhow? I know some places outside the US really stink when it comes to service arrangements... hope u r here....
Anyhow, hope u get it resolved...  Not much makes sense to me from your post, so i cannot help...

2017-4-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fans973001ad Posted at 2017-4-2 12:43
Iv'e done everything you sujested it wont conect how ever now when conecting its makeing my tablet go like its going to blow up as soon as i disconnect the usb cable the tablet works perfectly plug it back in the tablet go's haywire and flashes goes different colors has lines thru it pull cable out it runs fine what ever the dji repairer did they have damaged my controller befor they had it it works perfectly except for the shutter button this is not acceptable i have to pay for the box and padding and tape every time it go's back it was meant to be in brand new condition when new i payed $1250.00 for it now its costing me more it needs to be replaced now the repairer stuffed it as what else have they stuffed on it that will brake after warenty runs out im realy pist off

I doubt that the unit is going to 'blow up'. If you would, please provide a screenshot of how the Go app is behaving when connected to the Phantom? Have you tried a different USB cable? Again, have you already contacted Support about rectifying this as well? Since you still do not want to provide other basic information, such as the type of tablet you use, there's not much additional help that could be provided to try and address this remotely. In addition, should you send it back, you can normally get away with reusing previous packaging if the box is pretty clean of writing etc. Any packaging material that was used when sending it back is always reusable.
2017-4-2
Use props
fans973001ad
Banned
Australia

2017-4-4
Use props
fans973001ad
Banned
Australia

2017-4-4
Use props
fans973001ad
Banned
Australia

2017-4-4
Use props
fans973001ad
Banned
Australia

2017-4-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fans973001ad Posted at 2017-4-5 05:08
THE TABLET IS CALLED TELCAST ITS OPERATING SYSTEM IS Android Lollipop WITCH IS BIGGER THAN THE REQUIRMENTS TO RUN THE DJIGO APP.
BEFORE YOU FIXED IT THE CONTROLLER AND APP CONNECTED TO THE DRONE AND FLEW FLAWLESSLY   EVERY TIME I FLEW IT AFTER YOU FIXED IT THE CONTROLLER WHEN LINKED TO THE TABLET SHORTS THE TABLET OUT THE SCREEN GO'S BLACK AND THE TABLET FREEZES TILL THE CABLES DISCONNECTED.
OK NOW YOU GOT EVERYTHING YOU ASKED FOR NOW FIX IT OR REPLACE IT OR UNDO WHAT YOU DID TO IT AS WHAT EVER THE HELL YOU DID TO ITS STUFFED THE REMOTE MY WARRANTIES RUNNING OUT  FIX IT PLEASE.

During the time frame of the last repair, you have not performed any software updates on the tablet, correct? To make sure I'm visually on the same page, the freezing, black screen etc. happens prior to even opening the Go app and not after. Is this notion correct?

While I understand that the brand of tablet was not on the supported device list it had apparently worked before, had you for the sake of troubleshooting tried simply connecting to another mobile device just to see if it reacts the same way? It would verify whether its and issue with just that tablet or if it does carry to other USB connections.

I have seen the Go app itself freeze, have a blank screen in the camera view or have distortion in the FPV like you had mentioned, but that was once the Go app was connected to the aircraft and not just from the simple act of plugging the device to the RC via USB without the app up. From what I can see from your previous repair service, the repair team had only secured the connection of the shutter button and nothing else. It is suggested to provide a small video to Support via ticket #486498 of your connection process and thus better visualizing how the tablet reacts since you mentioned that a screenshot would not be able to get the point across.

The only remote suggestion that I can provide is to try another RC reset and relink like in the previous post. If that does not alleviate the issue, then it has to come in for another service. For the latter, you will receive all the necessary details in order to get that started via the AU Support team soon. Because you had contacted  Support immediately after receiving the unit, the warranty time frame shouldn't be an issue.
2017-4-5
Use props
fans973001ad
Banned
Australia

2017-4-5
Use props
fans973001ad
Banned
Australia

2017-4-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fans973001ad Posted at 2017-4-6 01:03
OK after a reset and a repairing it dose not appear to be freezing the tablet i turned them both off and on a couple of times with the tablet connected to the controller app on and off didn't freeze.
How ever it dose not automatically turn the djigo app on and when i do it manually the screen comes up were you pic your drone so i chose the advance below the picture of the advance the button says how to conect clicking that shows you how to connect i push the back button back the the screen with the picture of the advanced  and the button that says how to connect.
I then shut it all down and repeat the steps ive done this 15 times it dose not open the app nor will it go past the how to connect screen.

The only thing that you will want to ensure you have for the Go app are all the requested permissions allowed via Google Play. If you do not know how to look that up quickly, and uninstall and reinstall will have the permissions request pop up. Please make sure that you are not too hasty in trying to be 2 steps ahead of the troubleshooting that this was not accidentially skimmed, as it will cause the app to not connect to the aircraft.

I would recommend opening the Go app and logging into your DJI account at this point, and then close out the app completely. Do not have it sitting as a background program. Try to ensure that you don't have any other app running in the background as well.

Without having the aircraft on and the Go app already closed out, connect just the RC to the tablet. Tell me whether or not you see the battery icon on the tablet indicating that it's receiving a charge. Once you have answered this, we will move on from there.
2017-4-6
Use props
fans973001ad
Banned
Australia

2017-4-6
Use props
fans973001ad
Banned
Australia

2017-4-7
Use props
fans973001ad
Banned
Australia

2017-4-7
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fans973001ad Posted at 2017-4-7 00:32
SEEMS TO ME SINCE IT WORKED FLAWLESSLY BEFORE YOU FIXED IT AND NOW IT DOSE NOT ITS THE CONTROLLER IV'E NO DOUBT THEY COST YOU HARDLY ANYTHING TO REPLACE WHY CAN'T YOU DO THAT AS MY WARRANTIES TO FIND OUT IF THERE'S ANYTHING WRONG WITH THE DRONE AT THIS RATE ILL HAVE FLOWN IT FOR 41 MINUTES ONLY BEFORE THE WARRANTY WILL HAVE RAN OUT THANKS TO THE WAY YOU FIX THINGS.

Since nothing has worked, again, the RC would need to go back in to get addressed. The Support team, as previously mentioned, will supply everything needed in order to get a RMA started as an escalation. That's the all that can be done at this time.
2017-4-7
Use props
fans973001ad
Banned
Australia

2017-4-7
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fans973001ad Posted at 2017-4-7 14:16
GRATE YOU WAIT TILL I BLOWS UP MY NEW TABLET THEN YOU ASK FOR IT TO BE RETURNED.
I HAVE A SOLICITOR FRIEND THAT TOLD ME IF I HAVE WERE I SAID I WAS AFRAID IT WILL BLOW MY TABLET AND I HAD WERE DJI SAID THEY DOUBTED IT WOULD BLOW IT UP AND ASKED ME TO KEEP TESTING IT WITCH YOU DID YOU ARE LIABLE TO PAY FOR A NEW TABLET I WILL BE SENDING DJI THE BILL FOR A REPLACEMENT TABLET[ REPLACE THE RC OR YOU WILL BE BUYING THE NET TABLET IT BLOWS UP AS WELL THIS IS BS./b]

No one will read you comments if it's all capitalized and without punctuation.
2017-4-7
Use props
fans973001ad
Banned
Australia

2017-4-7
Use props
fans973001ad
Banned
Australia

2017-4-8
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fans973001ad Posted at 2017-4-8 00:06
OK so what do i need to do now exactly

You just need to wait for the Support team to supply you with a RMA number and the shipping information, just like the first time it was sent in for service. That information would be arriving soon.
2017-4-8
Use props
fans973001ad
Banned
Australia

2017-4-8
Use props
fans973001ad
Banned