16737 79 2017-3-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Canes76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 818199 ft
  • >>>
United States

I will tell ya, I did so much research when I was going to purchase.  For the amount you receive, the case, the craftsmanship and PRICE - I went with the Taco's...I love them and most of the time one is always on!

Taco's
2017-6-2
Use props
bartjes
lvl.1
Netherlands

Canes76 Posted at 2017-6-2 04:04
I will tell ya, I did so much research when I was going to purchase.  For the amount you receive, the case, the craftsmanship and PRICE - I went with the Taco's...I love them and most of the time one is always on!

Taco's

CPL Is circular Polarizer. The circular means any orientation is OK and it is therefore also suited for DSLRs that rotate the lens for (auto-)focus.
The polarizer part blocks all the polarized light, which is about half the light there is. If you have a second polarizer filter or passive 3d glasses, you can test the (combined) quality of the filter. Rotate it by 90 degrees and all light should be blocked.
Polarizer is not like an ND2 though, it filters out reflected light and moisture from the air. Sky is more blue, you can see through gfor instance a windscreen of a car where otherwise there would be reflection and see through the water surface the same. Colors get more intense as the (sun) light reflected from object's is blocked. Using such a filter may get your image more sensitive to lens flare when pointing to the sun compared to not using this filter.
Use google for more details and examples how & where to use it.
2017-6-6
Use props
FlyingFish82
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3662503 ft
  • >>>
United States

#polarpro cinema series
2017-8-26
Use props
GMG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3632605 ft
France

My only experience is with the Polar Pro Cinema Series. Love them and love Polar Pro as the service was exceptional. When the MP first came out, there were a number of issues and PP was early to market with filters, which they kept honing and adapting.
2017-8-26
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

i tried skyreat ND set with polarizer...  ND8-PL is what i used and love it, best balance for daytime or with a lot of light but not too much directly and the polarizing bit is great so water and glass and anything reflective isn't blinding and makes color pop more.and had good success my only complaint is and this maybe limited to very few sets, they are very difficult to remove.   so i usually keep ND8-PL on since im not about to break my camera swapping out so much.. and i feel like 8 being in the middle is best
2017-8-26
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I’m thinking of getting DJI’s new 4 pack ND’s for the Mavic that they recently released now.
2017-12-13
Use props
ny300z
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2603478 ft
United States

After researching, reading reviews and debating what brand to buy for over a month i ended up ordering the cheap Neewer brand on amazon yesterday - 5 pack for $27. I did this because after all that research not one person was able to justify why $180 polar pros are any better then a cheap brand. If it passes calibration thats all i care about.

2017-12-13
Use props
set_flyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1056499 ft
Spain

ny300z Posted at 2017-12-13 06:27
After researching, reading reviews and debating what brand to buy for over a month i ended up ordering the cheap Neewer brand on amazon yesterday - 5 pack for $27. I did this because after all that research not one person was able to justify why $180 polar pros are any better then a cheap brand. If it passes calibration thats all i care about.

I am in the market for ND filters and I am almost decided for the Neewer because of price. I see some reviews on Youtube and it seems to be ok. (I do not want to spend too much but I am little concerned because the fragile gimball)

When you have tested can you post your experience with these?

Thanks!
2017-12-13
Use props
ny300z
Second Officer
United States

set_flyer Posted at 2017-12-13 09:42
I am in the market for ND filters and I am almost decided for the Neewer because of price. I see some reviews on Youtube and it seems to be ok. (I do not want to spend too much but I am little concerned because the fragile gimball)

Will do. If they dont pass the gimbal calibration i will just send them back so I would rather give these cheap ones a shot first.

Besides I am not a professional so if these filters help a little bit they did their job, plus its good to start testing with, I never used ND filters before.

2017-12-13
Use props
set_flyer
lvl.4
Spain

ny300z Posted at 2017-12-13 10:10
Will do. If they dont pass the gimbal calibration i will just send them back so I would rather give these cheap ones a shot first.

Besides I am not a professional so if these filters help a little bit they did their job, plus its good to start testing with, I never used ND filters before.

Thanks in advance,

I am not a professional too, so we are in the same boat
2017-12-13
Use props
ny300z
Second Officer
United States

set_flyer Posted at 2017-12-13 09:42
I am in the market for ND filters and I am almost decided for the Neewer because of price. I see some reviews on Youtube and it seems to be ok. (I do not want to spend too much but I am little concerned because the fragile gimball)

hey man,

little update for about the Neewer filters.

So far so good! all of them have gone on easy and passed startup and gimbal calibration perfectly.

As for the difference it made, without prior expierence with ND filters its hard to say but the few videos i shot looked good. Wouldve been better to take a video the same day with and without a filter so maybe i will do that soon.

I tried the CPL filter it came with and got really good results with the colors and smoothness especially over water. I heard with CPL filters you need to rotate and adjust based off the sunlight but this one from Neewer doesnt seem to have anything like that. All or nothing kind of thing. Did make the colors pop and made me able to increase the color by adding less saturation as i normally do in post.

I think these are the way to go until i see reviews saying otherwise
2017-12-27
Use props
eddieNoob
lvl.4
United States

FrequentFlyer Posted at 2017-4-3 06:36
Im stuck between Taco-RC and Polar Pros.... Not sure what I should get..

I saw a YouTube vid evaluating Taco vs Polar Pro filters, and one thing the reviewer (Drone7) pointed out was that the Polar Pro filters had a tiny metal serrated strip concentric with the Inside of the filter housing, and the Tacos had instead a sort of felt-like fuzzy strip there. These two items served as a sort of gasket to help retain the filters in place on the camera. I'd already ordered the Polar Pros by then, but I think I much prefer the metal retaining strip (for longevity).
Also, the reviewer showed how the strip could be modded to make the fit easier by removing the strip with a needle, cutting about .5 cm off of one end and reinstalling it. Nifty.
Also: the reviewer (Drone7) also showed a slick and easy way to loosen the filters to remove them (no tools required), the Gimbal Lock™ in place, of course. Look up Drone7's channel and look for that vid. The title is something like: 'ND Filter Review Comparison of Taco...'

That is all. Back to rabbit hole...
2017-12-27
Use props
eddieNoob
lvl.4
United States

Acidsnow Posted at 2017-4-26 07:43
Interesting, I'm the only one that doesn't think they are NOT necessary . . . ?
Disclaimer - I am color blind, but can still see varying differences in shades . . . guess I can't really appreciate them for what they are worth . . .

ND filters do NOT affect color (at least correct ones do not). What they are for is reducing the amount of light through the lens of the camera. The Mavic has a fixed aperture lens of 2.2. What this means is that you must adjust the two remaining exposure factors to get the desired exposure: ISO (sensor sensitivity) and shutter speed.

Many droners believe that you should adjust the exposure to get a shutter speed of TWICE the frame rate (fps) to get the best video quality. You don't want a shutter of 1/2000, say, to get the correct exposure for the conditions. You also want to keep the ISO as low as possible. That's the reason for ND filters.
2017-12-27
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 315682 ft
  • >>>
United States

eddieNoob Posted at 2017-12-27 14:20
I saw a YouTube vid evaluating Taco vs Polar Pro filters, and one thing the reviewer (Drone7) pointed out was that the Polar Pro filters had a tiny metal serrated strip concentric with the Inside of the filter housing, and the Tacos had instead a sort of felt-like fuzzy strip there. These two items served as a sort of gasket to help retain the filters in place on the camera. I'd already ordered the Polar Pros by then, but I think I much prefer the metal retaining strip (for longevity).
Also, the reviewer showed how the strip could be modded to make the fit easier by removing the strip with a needle, cutting about .5 cm off of one end and reinstalling it. Nifty.
Also: the reviewer (Drone7) also showed a slick and easy way to loosen the filters to remove them (no tools required), the Gimbal Lock™ in place, of course. Look up Drone7's channel and look for that vid. The title is something like: 'ND Filter Review Comparison of Taco...'

We also have an awesome support team here in the US, a Lifetime Warranty on the filters, and a pretty cool app to help you select the proper filter to use

https://www.polarprofilters.com/pages/polarpro-app

Happy to answer any other questions you guys may have!
-Jeff from PolarPro
2017-12-27
Use props
set_flyer
lvl.4
Spain

ny300z Posted at 2017-12-27 13:42
hey man,

little update for about the Neewer filters.

Many thanks for the update!

I will definitely buy them ...  Many thanks for sharing your experience
2017-12-28
Use props
ny300z
Second Officer
United States

set_flyer Posted at 2017-12-28 04:34
Many thanks for the update!

I will definitely buy them ...  Many thanks for sharing your experience

no problem! let me know what you think once you get them
2017-12-28
Use props
MakerDude
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1142533 ft
United States

Polar Pro all the way. The quality is great and they have a very solid feel when mounted.
2018-1-10
Use props
Bigga J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1493 ft
United Kingdom

I got the Kidult Lens Kit off Amazon, great fit, seem decent quality and nice results
2018-1-11
Use props
djiuser_41qGMv6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 331217 ft
United States

I bought the Polar Pro kit (3 pack 8,16,32) and really like them so far. They are really well made and seem quite secure on the MP. I just read this thread and realized Polar has an app and downloaded it.
2018-1-19
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Polar pro do excellent ND filters.
2018-1-20
Use props
Leftyguy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1282638 ft
United States

Happy with my Polar pro so no need to try others - I use the 16 mostly sometimes the8.
2018-2-15
Use props
dwainwayne28
lvl.4
Flight distance : 583323 ft
Trinidad and Tobago

Polar Pro are great..lam hoping the make a 128 or 256
2018-2-15
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

Polar Pro is great filters. I have the ND4PL, ND8PL and the ND16PL pack, but I miss the ND32PL.
Just ordered this 4-pack... anyone use them?
https://www.sandmarc.com/collect ... o-filters-dji-mavic
2018-3-28
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

FStop Labs filters are great and are a good bit less expensive than the Polar Pro ones.
2018-3-28
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Surprised the OP did not put Neewer to vote for.  I have and really like these filters.  
2018-4-8
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Polar Pro but going to order DJI ND Filters as well, recommended by a friend and I can trust his judgement, seen his shots and they work for me.
2018-4-8
Use props
FlyingFish82
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3662503 ft
  • >>>
United States

i use polar pro and Freewell, both work excellent!
2018-4-24
Use props
MightyRouse
lvl.1
United States

FrequentFlyer Posted at 2017-3-31 08:07
Yeah, Ill be going to Hawaii next month so i was looking for some good ND filters!

Same here. Headed to North Shore for honeymoon and wanted to capture some good wedding/honeymoon shots so purchased a Mavic Air. Picked up ND 4, 8, and 16 from Neewer. Working perfect and are good quality. No gimbal calibration issues, no clarity flaws, and half the price of polar pro. Not to say polar pro are bad, I'm sure they're fantastic. Tested these by switching from manual to auto on the camera settings and it defaulted to 1/60 shutter. http://a.co/6v805Bb
2018-4-24
Use props
Hitmax
First Officer
Flight distance : 2092244 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing this - I brought the SkyReat filters myself and did this review if anyone is interested it also includes a Giveaway which will be drawn in 2 weeks !
2018-12-9
Use props
HH1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

Hitmax Posted at 12-9 02:49
Thanks for sharing this - I brought the SkyReat filters myself and did this review if anyone is interested it also includes a Giveaway which will be drawn in 2 weeks !
https://youtu.be/ogLIaeIUL4k

What type of filtering do these filters do?  Does anyone make "star lens" for the drone cameras?
2018-12-31
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

I have a PGYtech CPL
Freewellgear Long exposure pack
PolarPro Vivid collection
DJI ND filters.
I find them all to be the same. Do not see any loss of quality, sharpness or any un usable colour casts on any of them.
All fit well, go on easily, fit well, and does what they are suppose to.
2019-1-16
Use props
Hitmax
First Officer
Flight distance : 2092244 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Here are my tips and tricks to have a successful flight in cold weather when flying a drone - GIVEAWAY DETAILS BELOW :

Enter  BY TAKING A PHOTO IN THE SNOW AND UPLOADING IT TO INSTAGRAM WITH THE HASHTAG #snowdronephoto AND TAGGING ME @hiethgeorge and extra entries on GLEAM with this link:
https://gleam.io/tErBy/dji-mavic-2-pr...

Hi everyone hope you are all Tickety-boo! Today I am going to try and help you with some top tips on flying your drone in the cold and snow in the winter

I hope you all enjoy the film and helps you with flying your drone in the cold winter days - Cheers N Gone!

#drone #snow #creative
2019-2-2
Use props
Fidippide
lvl.3
Italy

I was wondering why PolarPro sells a pack with 4, 8 and 16. I deem it would be more useful a number 32 than a number 4. What do you think?
2019-3-22
Use props
BRentAP03
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74872 ft
United States

I just recieved my DJI Mavic 2 Pro filters today and I am quite happy!
2019-3-22
Use props
MRomine
Second Officer
Flight distance : 850971 ft
United States

Newb question, how can you see through these 'heavy' ND filters and still to be able to see to fly?
2019-3-31
Use props
MavSpa_user
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

The Polar Pro ND/PL  (32) on sunny days (white sky gets blue again with PL)
2019-4-1
Use props
JMR58
First Officer
Flight distance : 627966 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Using Sunnylife ND32, very pleased of its work but see there is some damage (un)screwing the lens..
IMG_2661.jpeg
2019-7-12
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't use ND filters and get acceptable footage and I've seen the comparison and for the cost-benefit of sliding on the filters going through whatever additional steps aside from not using them the marginal if benefit seems not enough to persuade me to use  them, but I want to believe they make a bigger difference b/c I would still like to improve my video...
2019-7-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

i have used both Polar Pro and Freewell.  Both seem to work quite well.  I really don't have a favorite of the 2 brands.  
2020-3-4
Use props
MrTitan
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've used Neweer, Skyreat, DJI and freewell. All are decent in their own way. Skyreat were my favorite cheap set. Freewell were best value considering what they offer (fantastically well made, wide range of nd and polarized filters including adjustable versions). Polar pro are clearly excellent, but I seriously doubt they're worth their cost at twice the price of freewell filters.
2020-3-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules