3151 13 2017-3-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Schata
lvl.3
Flight distance : 727641 ft
Germany

Hi guys!

Today I saw my Mavic blinking yellow fast two times (two different flights). According to the manual it is caused by lost connection to the RC. But it did not. One time it was ~150m and the other over 300m high. The horizontal distance was <2m. I saw it blinking yellow while it descended. Then it suddenly started to blink green as I expect it to be.
The RC showed full signal bar all the time. There is nothing in the warning section. I uploaded it to airdata/healthydrones (yes, I know, it is not the best to anaylze the flight data) and there was also no problem shown.

Somebody an idea why it starts to blink (fast) yellow indicating lost RC signal while it has full signal according the RC?

Thanks

Alex
2017-3-31
Use props
BigKitty
lvl.2
Flight distance : 148907 ft
Mexico

happened to ace once...I think it was interference compass or something...Went away so I didn't bother looking into it
2017-3-31
Use props
Asainz320
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1061594 ft
  • >>>
United States

This exact same thing happened to a friend of mine last night. I'm interested in knowing what this means as well.
2017-3-31
Use props
Schata
lvl.3
Germany

BigKitty Posted at 2017-3-31 13:00
happened to ace once...I think it was interference compass or something...Went away so I didn't bother looking into it

Had no compass issues. Everything was fine.  I only noticed it because I flew in the evening. Maybe it has done that before but I didn´t notice it because it was during the day and you can barely see the exact color the LED is flashing.Yello LED indicates a lost RC signal, not other issues.
2017-3-31
Use props
Schata
lvl.3
Germany

Does nobody have an idea?
2017-4-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

300 meters high, what are the rules for flying in Germany.
2017-4-2
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

Read pages 48 and 49 of the Owners manual
it will explain what happened
2017-4-2
Use props
Schata
lvl.3
Germany

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-4-2 13:53
Read pages 48 and 49 of the Owners manual
it will explain what happened

The current version of the manual doesnt show anything  on this pages.
Do you mean the weak GPS signal?  It wasnt weak. Had 18 satellites when it happened.
2017-4-2
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

Schata,

I'm was meaning Signal Loss --- Next time this happens try to confirm it on the RC
Too many people are too Dependent on the readings from the Phone's or Tablet's they are using
There is a delay between the Device and the RC You said Yellow Blinked (2) two times
That yellow light Blinks very fast , two times in less then 500ms could be just a Glitch
Also read in the owners manual about flying over your head you said 300m high and horizontal <2m
That's almost the same as being directly over your head
I would mark it up as a Glitch and just keep an eye on it
2017-4-3
Use props
4wesomeAdam
lvl.4
United States

Schata Posted at 2017-4-2 10:28
Does nobody have an idea?

It farted?{:4_156:}

You can get radio interference from for example cell towers, wifi or other communications equipment. The radio frequencies the drone uses are considered "very busy" meaning there is a lot of equipment transmitting on the same radio waves. The drone will compensate by adjusting its operating frequency if it detects loss of signal or radio intereference. You drone may have adjusted and switched frequency with little to no impact to your piloting of the drone, however briefly flashing yellow as a warning of what is happening.
2017-4-3
Use props
AACY
lvl.4
Flight distance : 518012 ft
United States

You can always check the flight log to see any change during flight status. I think that, if i got correctly what you meant is that the drone went on ATTI mode for a moment there.  But dont trust me, go to your flight log and see the warnings popping up while playing it back.
2017-4-3
Use props
AACY
lvl.4
Flight distance : 518012 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-4-2 12:10
300 meters high, what are the rules for flying in Germany.

Maybe like in the Autobahn, NO LIMITS! hahaha!
2017-4-3
Use props
Schata
lvl.3
Germany

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-4-3 03:31
Schata,

I'm was meaning Signal Loss --- Next time this happens try to confirm it on the RC

RC and iphone showed the same full signal bar. Antennas were positioned horizontally and were not blocked like it happens with an ipad and its holder.

But thanks for your input!
2017-4-3
Use props
Schata
lvl.3
Germany

4wesomeAdam Posted at 2017-4-3 05:31
It farted?

You can get radio interference from for example cell towers, wifi or other communications equipment. The radio frequencies the drone uses are considered "very busy" meaning there is a lot of equipment transmitting on the same radio waves. The drone will compensate by adjusting its operating frequency if it detects loss of signal or radio intereference. You drone may have adjusted and switched frequency with little to no impact to your piloting of the drone, however briefly flashing yellow as a warning of what is happening.

Would make sense when it is just a visual confirmation of switching the frequency. But as there is nothing about it in the manual it is still not clear what it means.

But thanks for your input!
2017-4-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules