Mavic Motor seems notchy
1593 7 2017-3-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Stro3579
lvl.1
United States

I just got my mavic 4 days ago and all motor seem to turn smoothly except one.  it seems like it has a bad bearing.  Is there a easy fix for this?  Dont want to send it back for repair for this.  it still flys ok.
2017-3-31
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Personally I wouldn't be inclined to try to fix any real or suspected motor problem myself and would contact DJI if I thought there might be something wrong.
2017-3-31
Use props
Speed_Freak_039
lvl.2
United States

Notchy is usually from the magnets and normal in certain motors. Not sure why only one would act that way. I never felt mine to see how they feel.
2017-3-31
Use props
Stro3579
lvl.1
United States

Thanks, I just wanted to check with people to see if they had the same problem.  I thought it would be magnet strength at first until I check all the other ones.  I just got it less then a week ago from amazon.  I may just return it and replace it.
2017-4-1
Use props
geofox784
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1482175 ft
United States

Brushless motors are always going to feel notchy as it pulls on each magnet. However if it feels vastly different than the others I would contact DJI for repair / replacement. Could be something rubbing inside that could eat up and cause failure in flight.
2017-4-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Stro3579 Posted at 2017-4-1 08:45
Thanks, I just wanted to check with people to see if they had the same problem.  I thought it would be magnet strength at first until I check all the other ones.  I just got it less then a week ago from amazon.  I may just return it and replace it.

You have no redundancy for motors, so I think your best bet is to send it back. Annoying as it is.

Good luck..
2017-4-1
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Maybe your mavric has 1 good motor and 3 bad ones?? Send it back.
2017-4-1
Use props
WolfgangStiller
lvl.4
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

Ditto. One out of the four motors shouldn't be that different.  There's a good chance it will fly just fine but it's too big a risk that there me be an unexpected failure.
2017-4-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules