Artifacts/noise when panning camera up and down
1585 12 2017-3-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mharro88
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26401 ft
Australia

Has anyone here noticed artifacts when panning the camera up and down? It's like the picture gets pixelated for a second or two and than it's clear. Tried it on multiple resolutions and different shutter speeds with the same result.

Here's a example of someone else with the same issue however it was on the Phantom 4. Noise reduction option appeared to help in his situation but as far as i know we have no option for that on the Mavic? Any solutions?

2017-3-31
Use props
Spock1
New
Flight distance : 302 ft
United States

Just got the Mavic Pro and it seems noisy to me too. I may purchase some filter for FCPX to clean up the footage
2017-3-31
Use props
Mharro88
lvl.2
Australia

So is this normal or what? Hope DJI can reply to this
2017-3-31
Use props
Bintryin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 164406 ft
Australia

Looks like you panned at 100 mile per hour slow it down
2017-3-31
Use props
Mharro88
lvl.2
Australia

Bintryin Posted at 2017-3-31 20:06
Looks like you panned at 100 mile per hour slow it down

Here's another example.

2017-3-31
Use props
Mharro88
lvl.2
Australia

Wish the mavic had 3d noise reduction option to turn off....
2017-3-31
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

I don't know what would cause the problem but my Mavic does not have this issue.
2017-3-31
Use props
Mharro88
lvl.2
Australia

No idea but it's annoying. This was a replacement model as well. Will most likely be taking it back
2017-3-31
Use props
Bintryin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 164406 ft
Australia

Just think it is user setting problem . best advise is spend 48 hours watching you tube video on camera settings and how to use your drone when filming.
2017-3-31
Use props
Mharro88
lvl.2
Australia

My settings are exactly what they were with my previous mavic without issues.. i might need to slow down the camera tilt possibly?

Here's a another example of the same issue.

2017-3-31
Use props
Dr. Carmen
New
Flight distance : 164797 ft
Egypt

I'm getting major artifacting and noise on my osmo+. Has the X3 camera and don't know if there is a fix...
2017-4-2
Use props
fansdcd5c872
lvl.2
Flight distance : 362028 ft
Czechia

issue still present  on Mavic (Pro Platinum), on 4K resolutions, FHD is OK. Sharpness setting -1/0/1/2/3 does not help, issue still there, visible especially on brown surfaces like field after harvestif 3dnoise on/off switch in GO app  solved it on P4, would be fair to have it also on mavic

2018-7-24
Use props
drone_bandit
lvl.2
Flight distance : 362028 ft
Czechia

Dear DJI, please could you implement 3D noise reduction on/off switch for Mavic Pro? As per your own recommendation for P4 users from another thread:

This is DJI R&D team. Your problem looks very likely a known issue. On Phantom 4 the pixelation is caused by the limitation of the performance of the semiconductor chip used in our camera. When you shoot a drastically changing and complex scene with 3D noise reduction enabled (which is default), the camera reaches a limitation of chip performance which could cause the video quality to degrade.

We are sorry to say that the only two solutions available are either (1) turning off the 3D noise reduction feature using the App, or (2) avoid shooting fast-changing scene with a lot of detailed texture. Complex changing scenes are difficult to process and encode on any motion-based processor or codec. The 3D noise reduction is an advanced feature which gives you much cleaner video at high ISO, but can be disabled at low ISO in which the noise is not critical.

We suggest you to try turning off the 3D noise reduction on Phantom 4 and see if it helps.
2018-8-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules