GS PRo Still Won't Shoot RAW!
2785 10 2017-4-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DrawsWithLight.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2136716 ft
United Kingdom

I'm using the latest version of GS PRO. I've been out this morning to the coast to get some 3D Mapped Area shots of the cliffs at Flamborough. I did 3 mapped areas in total and despite  double checking the camera settings and making sure it was set to record RAW, the camera only captured JPEG.

Can someone please advise.

2017-4-1
Use props
fansb8b222f3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74213 ft
Sweden

Its not supported with raw during mission .
2017-7-28
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

I've written to support regarding RAW support during mapping, and they have promised to take it to the devs. Hopefully we'll see RAW support soon. It is very much needed for mapping, NDVI and more.
2017-7-28
Use props
fansb8b222f3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74213 ft
Sweden

What would the timeframe beeing for a fix like this ? 6 months ? Or is DJI quicker with the updates ?
2017-7-29
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Only DJI knows, if they will make RAW happen, and if so, when. I've stressed it pretty hard to DJI that we need RAW support, though.
2017-7-29
Use props
drbuckingham
New
United States

Sep 20, 2017 and it still won't shoot RAW (or even JPEG+RAW).  The manual states that the image format can be changed, and is the *only* reason I purchased a used iPad Mini 4 so that I could use GS Pro.  This needs to be addressed.  My Phantom 3 Advanced drone supports RAW, so there is no good reason that it can't be selected within a mission.  It wouldn't be as bad if we had control over the amount of compression (i.e. loss) in the JPEG format, but that isn't possible either.  JPEG is a very poor alternative to using RAW for creating detailed and accurate 3D maps/constructs.
2017-9-20
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

I understand the frustration. For any updates, you would see it in any firmware upgrades. Please always consider the next upgrade.
2017-9-26
Use props
TheCoxit
New
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-26 07:34
I understand the frustration. For any updates, you would see it in any firmware upgrades. Please always consider the next upgrade.

Is raw support on the roadmap at all? This is really a missing feature to use the app for any CGI related workflows!
2018-2-18
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

TheCoxit Posted at 2018-2-18 21:52
Is raw support on the roadmap at all? This is really a missing feature to use the app for any CGI related workflows!

Unfortunately, this is not supported.
2018-2-19
Use props
user18d2154356
lvl.1
Australia

You can capture raw in GS Pro by
Starting mission in GS Pro
Quickly change to raw in DJI 4 app
Switch back to GS Pro

You have to Double check sometimes
This method also works with pix4d sometimes