Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI GO (V3.1.5) for Android is Available
105214 105214 2017-4-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Andy1963
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40548 ft
United Kingdom

Bill in Ohio Posted at 2017-4-3 07:09
Are you recording in 4K in AVCHD or MP4?  I have found that the MP4 works really well, but the AVCHD all fine lines flicker (like all the naked tree branches and horizontal edges on buildings etc.  The MP4 appears flawless.  I recorded that on the new release Samsung S7 phone and previous versions= of GO 4.  However, now my phone app disconnects or crashes every flight at some point.  I think it might be caused by an alert from the drone/app.  One other thought are you recording to microsd with a U3 rating?  If not the card can't keep up with the data rate, just class 10 doesn't hack it.  I found that problem on my Nikon A900 camera that shoots 4K, where I started with a class 10 card I thought was fast enough.

Thanks for the reply Bill, I seen what my problem was, i have now sorted it, the video was set at 2.7k,
I think my pc was struggling a little i found if i inserted the SD card into my 4K tv the video looked blooming great... !  I have dropped it down now on the drone camera to 1080, shot another video last night & found was a bit smoother. I managed to convert the file from the morning flight to 1080 & now runs smoother too. Its all a learning curve.
2017-4-3
Use props
G_Sig
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

WilliamM Posted at 2017-4-2 11:05
Same here, lag was real bad today after installing this version. Didn't have much luck with 3.1.4 either, had screen freezes, app crashed and AC to RC connection lose at a distance I shouldn't. I'm personally going back to 3.1.3 if after one more test flight in my normal location (this one was in a suburban area) still has the lag, I had good luck with 3.1.3.

Did update and no camera feed. Had to remove the app and install it again and then it worked.
Looks like it has less lag in video and was able to sync my date for the first time for long time.
2017-4-3
Use props
PWingers
New
Flight distance : 3327 ft
United Kingdom

Doesn't work with Android 7 on Samsung S7 with a P3A.
2017-4-3
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Andy1963 Posted at 2017-4-3 11:45
Thanks for the reply Bill, I seen what my problem was, i have now sorted it, the video was set at 2.7k,
I think my pc was struggling a little i found if i inserted the SD card into my 4K tv the video looked blooming great... !  I have dropped it down now on the drone camera to 1080, shot another video last night & found was a bit smoother. I managed to convert the file from the morning flight to 1080 & now runs smoother too. Its all a learning curve.

I download to my computer and then copy file to a usb drive and then use that to play the 4K on our 4K TV.  I have found that the mp4 files made by the Mavic play perfect.  I have been editing video for years (used to do weddings and some corporate video).  I use Adobe Premiere Pro and to do 4K and usually prefer the avchd files.  I upgraded my computer to an HP Envy Phoenix octacore, which handles the 4K files from the Mavic, GoPro, and Nikon A900 camera (shoots up to 20 min of 4K at a time) files without any issue in either AVCHD or MP4.  On some computer software it will let you use a proxy file to edit, and the final output will edit the 4K.  Without an octacore and big accelerated graphics card (with Nvidia large number cuda cores for premiere pro) it takes forever to render 4K.  On my machince render times is about 1.5 render time to 1 actual video time.  Without you could easily be looking at 8:1.  Also new H265 codec is awesome, much smaller file size.
2017-4-4
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Video lag ... crashed my tablet ...

Nigel
2017-4-4
Use props
maverick5257
lvl.2
Flight distance : 637388 ft
Italy

a monstrous delay of image.
I tried reinstalling the app but nothing has changed.
2017-4-5
Use props
Jabo3rd
New
Flight distance : 47192 ft
United States

My Osmo Mobile Bluetooth will not connect to my mobile device after the update on April 1, 2017. Please help. I last used March 31 successfully for about 45 minutes.
2017-4-5
Use props
Phantomski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

Well, i was hopeful, but the app on nvdia shield k1 is still crapping out.. i did not find the pattern yet, but the quality of the video starts going wild, worse and worse, then the app just dies. Also, it forgot some of it's settings after a crash (c1/c2) and insisted i need a firmware update. Another restart of the app fixed the firmware, c1/c2 I had to reset manually.
2017-4-6
Use props
fans17cf78b0
New
United Kingdom

why not put the web address for the download as well as QR code... cant scan QR codes, not very helpful. I need an update for Android, as the last update removed access to the functions, POI, Home lock, ect.
2017-4-8
Use props
SteveDickin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Flew with the OnePlus3 Android 7 yesterday on a full battery without crash.  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE be fixed and not a fluke.  Might just try the Nvidia Shield today.
2017-4-9
Use props
Andy1963
lvl.2
United Kingdom

When are you going to bring out another update as what ever they done has destroyed the Drone that i bought 4 weeks ago, When i bought this drone everything went well,
the first two flights where amazing everything connected with no hicups. Since the update of the app its never been like it was, lots of strange things happening which i posted on another thread. I have a friend who lives near me & was thinking of buying a drone and he is disabled & can't walk very far. I showed him the videos from my first 2 flights & was amazed how the dji drone is so stable. But i have told him about the problems Im now getting since the up date. I took my drone out last night after work while still light 12 mph winds & it was all over the place i landed it and while it was landed the app was tell me it had reached its flying limit, Im still getting the other things like Radio channel poor in red some times, there's a whole bunch of errors within this app ! unless its something to do with the drone ! its certainly not my phone.... Have the app developers been told of the troubles that 100`s of people are facing...... I have told my friend NOT to buy a DJI drone Until i see that this has been sorted.... Its very sad because what i experianced when i first flew this 4 weeks ago was Amazing
I have spoken with DJi Jamie on one of my threads within the forum.  
2017-4-9
Use props
Gaz Mc
lvl.3
United Kingdom

SteveDickin Posted at 2017-4-9 02:30
Flew with the OnePlus3 Android 7 yesterday on a full battery without crash.  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE be fixed and not a fluke.  Might just try the Nvidia Shield today.

how is the shield...been lookng at getting a dedicated tablet just for flyin and teh shield k1 is a nice price
2017-4-9
Use props
jeanmi67
lvl.2
Flight distance : 90682 ft
France

Doesn't work correctly with Shield K1 (Android 7) P3A (video lost)
Please DJI engineer's, find a solution...Please please please.

thanks in advance from France.

2017-4-9
Use props
WilliamM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

For me using a Nexus 7 2nd gen running Android 6, this version 3.1.5 had poor results with screen leg and shorter range when compared with 3.1.3. And forget about version 3.1.4 as that was even worse on my tablet than this version was, with screen freeze and app crashing. So I went back to version 3.1.3 and tested it today, not so much a range test but a good test in a not so good area with interference abound, and it worked very well for that area.
2017-4-9
Use props
cropduster
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9104 ft
United States

WilliamM Posted at 2017-4-9 11:06
For me using a Nexus 7 2nd gen running Android 6, this version 3.1.5 had poor results with screen leg and shorter range when compared with 3.1.3. And forget about version 3.1.4 as that was even worse on my tablet than this version was, with screen freeze and app crashing. So I went back to version 3.1.3 and tested it today, not so much a range test but a good test in a not so good area with interference abound, and it worked very well for that area.

I haven't been able to fly for a month or so (too much retirement fun), so I am wondering if this upgrade is like many before and perhaps should be avoided for a while. I presently have 3.1.3 and version 1.7.90. Any advice would be appreciated.
2017-4-9
Use props
WilliamM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

cropduster Posted at 2017-4-9 11:33
I haven't been able to fly for a month or so (too much retirement fun), so I am wondering if this upgrade is like many before and perhaps should be avoided for a while. I presently have 3.1.3 and version 1.7.90. Any advice would be appreciated.

That's the same FW that I still have, didn't want to upgrade to version 1.8 as the bird is working so well. So as of today you have the very same versions I currently have. 3.1.3 running on FW 1.7.9, and my advice is stick with what you have if it's working. Having said that, updating to 3.1.5 is no big deal because it's so easy to downgrade back to 3.1.3 or even 3.1.4 if you know how. I could upgrade and downgrade in less than five mins if I wanted, but of  course you would want to do a test flight with the new version first.
2017-4-9
Use props
cropduster
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9104 ft
United States

WilliamM Posted at 2017-4-9 11:46
That's the same FW that I still have, didn't want to upgrade to version 1.8 as the bird is working so well. So as of today you have the very same versions I currently have. 3.1.3 running on FW 1.7.9, and my advice is stick with what you have if it's working. Having said that, updating to 3.1.5 is no big deal because it's so easy to downgrade back to 3.1.3 or even 3.1.4 if you know how. I could upgrade and downgrade in less than five mins if I wanted, but of  course you would want to do a test flight with the new version first.

Thanks. Your opinion just validated what I was thinking too.
2017-4-9
Use props
jblaikie.comcas
New
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

julien92 Posted at 2017-4-1 07:54
Hi,
On Samsung Galaxy S7, video feed was choppy with versions 3.1.3 and 3.1.4 (which is not the case with version 3.1.1, for instance).
=> have anybody already tested version 3.1.5 with Galaxy S7, to check whether this issue is fixed?

I have the same issue and was also experiencing black screen after updating the android software to version 7.0. It's not fun, when your video feed goes out during flights. Until this can get resolved, I'm restricted to flying high and clear of all objects I normally film.
2017-4-9
Use props
Drone Flights S
lvl.2
Flight distance : 223684 ft
Sweden

Why can't I start a new thread on this forum?  And what's with the Repair people in Europe?  Seem to be on vacation??
2017-4-10
Use props
Hometurf
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2516 ft

United States

Hi,
On Samsung Galaxy S7, video feed was choppy with versions 3.1.3 and 3.1.4 (which is not the case with version 3.1.1, for instance).
=> have anybody already tested version 3.1.5 with Galaxy S7, to check whether this issue is fixed?

ON Tab S 3.15  app reboots the entire device while in flight.
3.11 does not exhibit this issue.

We are going backward with the App on Android.
2017-4-10
Use props
Hometurf
lvl.2

United States

Hi,

2017-4-10
Use props
Hometurf
lvl.2

United States

Hi,

2017-4-10
Use props
Hometurf
lvl.2

United States

Hi,

2017-4-10
Use props
spoonlamp_
lvl.1
Flight distance : 301506 ft
Italy

When will get the version that fixes the problem with Live Streaming to Facebook?
2017-4-10
Use props
Da Lata
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1008297 ft

Brazil

spoonlamp_ Posted at 2017-4-10 05:29
When will get the version that fixes the problem with Live Streaming to Facebook?

Never, if you want to have live streaming use IOS because in android it is not possible because of the system ... Google is who has to solve this!
2017-4-10
Use props
Beefybaff
New
United Kingdom

Latest update not working, Samsung S7
2017-4-11
Use props
CplMulder
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2352 ft
United Kingdom

Samsung S7 DJI Go 4 app is crashing continuously

I have been flying for the last 2 months and flew on Monday morning without any issues. I received update of DJI Go 4 last night after an Android update... now it will not even open on my phone at all....

I AM NOW VERY annoyed as I am leaving for France in the morning and need my drone to be functional for photography during my holiday!!

Please fix/update DJI Go 4 or give us a way to go back to the old version!! - do you guys even test this before release?? this is a flagship phone not some obscure model!
2017-4-12
Use props
Andy1963
lvl.2
United Kingdom

CplMulder Posted at 2017-4-12 04:52

I have been flying for the last 2 months and flew on Monday morning without any issues. I received update of DJI Go 4 last night after an Android update... now it will not even open on my phone at all....

Its awful they aren't even answering peoples calls on there europe phone number I just spend £500 pounds on this thing They have all gone quite the DJI Tech support They know theres a problem & cant fix it.............. They only seem to be ok on apple phones Etc,,,,.. OS.... 1,000s of complaints on play store with the update They will tell you its your phones fault. {:4_154:}   
2017-4-12
Use props
indicibil
lvl.1
Flight distance : 244882 ft
Romania

CplMulder Posted at 2017-4-12 04:52

http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji-technology-co-ltd/dji-go-4/dji-go-4-4-0-1-release/

Safe way to install a previous version of any Android app. You need to enable temporarily the installation of apps from unknown sources in the security settings of android.
2017-4-12
Use props
fansffec47a2
New
Flight distance : 309675 ft
United States

Did this update remove the option to disable Geofencing?
2017-4-12
Use props
DJI RADS
New
United States

fansffec47a2 Posted at 2017-4-12 18:39
Did this update remove the option to disable Geofencing?

The update in December 2016 disabled the geofencing option that this really got me upset.
2017-4-12
Use props
rytenuff
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10755 ft
United Kingdom

Some people posting about DJI Go 4 in a thread for DJI Go for A/C BEFORE 4! This app 3.1.5 is NOT for Phantom 4.
2017-4-12
Use props
Bobster999
lvl.1
Flight distance : 170492 ft
United Kingdom

I'm not sure why it has added audio to the cached videos stored on your phone and the DJI editor.  Doesn't this mean it's more info and the cache will fill up quicker?
2017-4-14
Use props
fansb7a3776e
New

United States

Downloaded fine, seems to work if you don't want to see video while flying, STILL having problems with video cutting out and pixelating on android tablet.
2017-4-14
Use props
PeVee
lvl.1
United States

Software crashes frequently!  I need to be able to control the camera.  How do you revert back to 3.1.3 on an android device?
2017-4-14
Use props
JpNL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 428245 ft
Netherlands

PeVee Posted at 2017-4-14 11:18
Software crashes frequently!  I need to be able to control the camera.  How do you revert back to 3.1.3 on an android device?

Look at 69#
2017-4-14
Use props
Rotary Guy
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi I have a Inspire 2 I have downloaded the go 4 app 4 times now and istall this on my Ipad air in the academy there is no flight simulator is this the case or I am I doing something wrong Mel (Rotary Guy)
2017-4-14
Use props
user0f401fa856
New
Flight distance : 292799 ft
Portugal

Very good afternoon, I am a professional user of Drone Phantom 4, recently I was prevented from performing a certain work that caused me a huge damage, this happened after a software update that I had to perform at DJI's request, since no I can use my drone, I already tested on several android devices this same application and it always happens to happen the same, the Drone seems to work fine, but after loading in the command rec the application to unexpectedly. For my company it is essential to operate the equipment, I can not lose more work, otherwise I will request the refund of the amount I paid for the Drone and sue Dji for the damages I am having, I hope, that this situation will be resolved within 48h, because I have to carry out an important work, so I have been checking on blogs all over the world, this is not only appealing to me. Carlos
2017-4-15
Use props
fans38e3fc67
lvl.1

South Africa

I am so confused between the two go apps. I have installed the latest 4.0 Go app but it does not want to connect to my Phantom 4. Instead it thinks I have a Phantom 3 advance and wants me to install that go app. And even if I do that, it still doesn't want to connect to the drone. Can anyone assist with that?
2017-4-15
Use props
UltraDan
lvl.2
France

Can anyone from dji PLEASE give some advice on what to do with regards updating, my app tells me there is an update (using samsung s7) but I'm loathed to update as I'm away on holiday and don't want to loose drone functionality. My s7 has completely rebooted a couple of times in mid flight which was scary but the aircraft still responded to commands - I presume in atti? DJI - what are you playing at? You are useless at issuing software updates - sort your Sh@t out !!!
2017-4-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules