Will there ever be a LB w/ two HDMI ports?
1235 4 2017-4-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
skyvideoct
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1136230 ft
United States

I went down a decision path to add an FPV camera to my M600P. The best choice for me was the FLIR Duo-R, since it would give me the advantage of thermal alongside a standard camera. The second part of the decision was to abandon the idea that the X5S would be made available to the M600p platform anytime soon. DJI does not communicate very well to their users the development paths or timelines. I now have a new GH5 ready to rock, but both cameras use HDMI only.

I'm not sure if there is a way to get the FLIR to output analog, because their manual says no, but the bench cable does have the ability to put analog out. More investigation.  The GH5 is solely dependent on HDMI output. So, to my question, is there a dual HDMI LB option or workaround? As noted above, DJI doesnt do well on letting the user community know the development path. Maybe someone knows if this may be possible or of a workaround available.

Thanks, Jay
2017-4-1
Use props
BuffaloJustin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 152060 ft
United States

You could cobble a solution by stealing the electronics (the HD/AV board and GCU, along with wiring) from a Z15-GH4 gimbal, which would let you use the GH5 via the gimbal port on the LB2 air unit. That leaves the HDMI in port for your Flir duo.
2017-4-1
Use props
skyvideoct
lvl.4
United States

BuffaloJustin Posted at 2017-4-1 05:28
You could cobble a solution by stealing the electronics (the HD/AV board and GCU, along with wiring) from a Z15-GH4 gimbal, which would let you use the GH5 via the gimbal port on the LB2 air unit. That leaves the HDMI in port for your Flir duo.

Awesome info. The last part of my "situation" is which gimbal. I'm 95% leaning toward the Z15-GH4 since the hdmi situation is then solved. The only downside is whether the GH4 Gimbal will accept the GH5 and that the lense configuration is limited to the 12mm. I'll head over and get the manual for the Z15-GH4 and installation instructions/video to solidify what to do next.
Again, thanks
2017-4-1
Use props
skyvideoct
lvl.4
United States

Well, I've mounted the FPV camera and have successfully flown with all three cameras working. Attached is the Screenshot of the FPV view with PIP thermal w/ 1080p standard camera.
I do have to go into settings to manually switch between the two feeds (X5 on LB/ FPV on HDMI) but it works. For now, I am awaiting the delivery of the expansion module to control the FPV gimbal.
FLIR-FPVsm.jpg
2017-6-21
Use props
skyvideoct
lvl.4
United States

skyvideoct Posted at 2017-4-1 05:35
Awesome info. The last part of my "situation" is which gimbal. I'm 95% leaning toward the Z15-GH4 since the hdmi situation is then solved. The only downside is whether the GH4 Gimbal will accept the GH5 and that the lense configuration is limited to the 12mm. I'll head over and get the manual for the Z15-GH4 and installation instructions/video to solidify what to do next.
Again, thanks

This option has been discarded. I am now looking at the Gremsy line of gimbals because I don't trust the support on the DJI Ronin MX.
2017-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules