New mavic Battery Overdischage
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tow
lvl.1
Flight distance : 184600 ft
United States

Got a New battery. Ordered from DJI store 2nd or 3rd Full charge. It momentarly Flash OVERDISCHAGE. then disapeared did not come back. How do I look for the warning? What should i do? I need to get exchange or something? In put plz.

2017-4-2
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

I get that when peeping on bathrooms, have to high tail it out of there in sports mode. You would have to add the version of go and firmware used to get someone who knows.
2017-4-2
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Was the message maybe "battery overcharge current"? What was the temperature at the time and by any chance had the batteries been allowed to get cold?

If I recall correctly, this typically occurs when the Mavic detects that it isn't able to draw enough power from the batteries. That seems to most commonly occur when it's being flown in cold conditions, especially if the batteries themselves have been allowed to get cold, in which case they're less able to deliver the needed power. You should land right away and in the future try to keep your batteries warm (e.g., in your pocket or some other warm place) until right before you plan to use them. What I do know for certain is that I've seen more than one person report their Mavic having gone down shortly after receiving this message -- that they essentially ignored.

On the other hand, if you weren't flying with a cold battery / in cold conditions then I suppose it's possible that your battery is faulty.

2017-4-2
Use props
Tow
lvl.1
United States

Maybe it was overcharge current. But it is 50 F here. And the batterys sit in the house at 68 F till I am ready to use them. The Battery was at about 55% and i was flying in sport. And discharging creates heat. Any idea what the volt read when this warning happens? I did land immediately. The warning went off very quick it did not stay on when it happened.
2017-4-2
Use props
Tow
lvl.1
United States

It was 58 F ^
2017-4-2
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Then that doesn't sounds like the problem I've heard about before and you're probably right to suspect that the battery may be bad.
2017-4-2
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

thehippoz Posted at 2017-4-2 13:48
I get that when peeping on bathrooms, have to high tail it out of there in sports mode. You would have to add the version of go and firmware used to get someone who knows.

hey Hip
if your doing that you should download the Mavic Cloaking app loolllllll;

2017-4-2
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-4-2 14:31
hey Hip
if your doing that you should download the Mavic Cloaking app loolllllll;

lol I'd say cloaking is activated about 170 feet up {:4_177:}