Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Warranty / repairs in Australia?
3523 11 2017-4-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rusty Iron
lvl.3
Australia

Just wondering if any Aussies have had to send their Mavic back for repairs or warranty issues, and how long that took? Does the Mavic have to go all the way back to China, or is the work done in Australia? Living in Perth, one of the most isolated capital cities in the world, has me a bit worried about just how long I'd have to wait if something bad happened.

I have the most wonderful wife in the world because she bought me the Mavic as a present. The only problem might be that she bought it off ebay from a Chinese seller (authorised DJI agent) who has a warehouse in Melbourne. The Mavic arrived in just over one week from time of order so that was pretty good. But I already know that the local Mavic agent can't touch it as far as warranty goes, and in fact he is not allowed by DJI to even carry parts for the Mavic yet. He can for the Phantoms, but not the Mavic.

So as I understand it, because the Mavic was purchased on ebay, I can't drive 15 minutes to the local agent to organise repairs or warranty work, I have to probably send it all the way back to DJI China. Crazy stuff.

2017-4-2
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

did your wife use Paypal to paid for it? contact the seller for help, if they don't then contact Paypal or Ebay for help
2017-4-2
Use props
Rusty Iron
lvl.3
Australia

hungdang Posted at 2017-4-2 17:32
did your wife use Paypal to paid for it? contact the seller for help, if they don't then contact Paypal or Ebay for help

Sorry, I probably should have been clearer - I am having zero problems with my Mavic but it is still very new. I'm just asking in case I do have problems later.
2017-4-2
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

There is a Mavic repair centre in Melbourne. If you ever have a problem then you would need to contact DJI support and they will assess the need for a repair and issue a case number and arrange for its return to Melbourne. I am in Qld and had to make use of the service. Took 3 weeks from the day it left to the day it was returned. That may be longer in your case because of the extra distance.
2017-4-2
Use props
Rusty Iron
lvl.3
Australia

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-4-2 22:15
There is a Mavic repair centre in Melbourne. If you ever have a problem then you would need to contact DJI support and they will assess the need for a repair and issue a case number and arrange for its return to Melbourne. I am in Qld and had to make use of the service. Took 3 weeks from the day it left to the day it was returned. That may be longer in your case because of the extra distance.

That's good to hear. Thanks for the info.
2017-4-2
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

It will be a paid repair in DJI Australia center, since it's not in the country where it has warranty.     Or you can pray nothing goes wrong on you Mavic, don't try new DJI GO app, or update the firmware of your drone if everything is already OK.  And don't tell your wife about the warranty to upset her.
2017-4-2
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Also check that eBay page, they might have omit something significant---the warranty issue of the product,  which may or may not be a ground to start disputes on eBay
2017-4-2
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Indonesia

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-4-2 22:58
It will be a paid repair in DJI Australia center, since it's not in the country where it has warranty.     Or you can pray nothing goes wrong on you Mavic, don't try new DJI GO app, or update the firmware of your drone if everything is already OK.  And don't tell your wife about the warranty to upset her.

DJI-Thor, are you an official DJI moderator? It seems odd to see you recommend not updating the GO app and firmware, while other DJI reps strongly recommend (almost insist) that we always use the latest versions.
2017-4-3
Use props
jcfiji
New
Flight distance : 112874 ft
Fiji

Hiw do i send drone directly to australian repair centre js it essential that i email dji and request support or can i send it directly and get the service centre to sort it out
2017-5-29
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 362510 ft
Australia

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-4-2 22:58

I dont agree.

I bought my mavic from the same dealer as OP and have obtained in writing they will honor warranty through their Melbourne affiliate.
This was tested with a faulty battery which they handled without issue recently.
At worst, the OP may have to pay postage to return Mavic to place or origin for repair.
If warranty was limited to a paid repair, you would be hearing from legal reps.
2017-5-29
Use props
fans29cb3fdd
New
Australia

where can I get the mavic from the seller that has a store in Melbourne ?
2017-6-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans29cb3fdd Posted at 2017-6-24 06:17
where can I get the mavic from the seller that has a store in Melbourne ?
You may check the retailer store from the link below: http://www.dji.com/where-to-buy
Hope it will help you.
2017-6-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules