image on ipad pixelated, lags - was clear - no changes made
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans55ae5496
Second Officer

United States

Hello and thank you all in advance for any help you can offer.

My equipment is as follows:

Phantom 3 Pro with Aircraft SW version 1.5.30+ (or sometimes it indicates 1.6.40) not sure why this varies
Remote Controller with version 1.5.70
ipad mini 2 running IOS 8.4 with version 2.8.2 of the DJI Go App

Yes, much of that software is far from up to date. Reason is, it works. Or at least it did until recently.

I've always had very clear images on the ipad mini showing what the camera is seeing.

The past 2-3 flights are not clear anymore. Often, there is a lag for the ipad image to catch up with what the camera is seeing.
Also, part or all of the ipad image is very pixelated and hard to view in detail.

The only change made has been to add a hoodman to offer better viewing when outside on sunny day.

I had better images before the hoodman, now that the glare of sun is removed, when the image is clear, the view is great.
Yet, often, especially when the craft is moving quickly, the pixelation renders the image useless for discerning small details.

I fly almost exclusively over water, have for 2 years now with now issues once the intial buginess was resolved.

Any ideas what is causing this?

Once I download the video from the micro SD card to my computer, the footage is fine. Onlhy what I am seeing on ipad has become poor quality.

thanks for any ideas.

2017-4-2
Use props
jaap-p4p
New

India

i have the same issue but I just read somewhere to put the ipad mini in airplane mode which will solve this. Need to test that later today
2017-4-3
Use props
Tom-82
lvl.2
Flight distance : 186549 ft
Italy

got same problem on android... i think is something related to dji app updates
2017-4-3
Use props
Joe D.
lvl.2
United States

Same problem here with iPad Mini 3. Screen used to "stutter" every couple minutes but now it does it every 20 seconds or so.
2017-4-3
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Try clearing the cache on the iPad, and if that does not help, try disabling the caching of video to the iPad.
2017-4-3
Use props
fans55ae5496
Second Officer

United States

I turned off Bluetooth and Wi-Fi and the video seems less pixelated, though not sure it is as clear as it once was. Once the weather clears up I will fly some more.

Is this addressed anywhere in the DJI documentation?
2017-4-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules