1176 11 2017-4-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
patman89
lvl.4
Flight distance : 288327 ft
Germany

Hi,

finally I got my Mavic Pro! But there is one thing which is bothering me. The DJI GO App always forgets my camera settings, especially the file format (JPG+RAW). Am I doing something wrong?

Best regards,
patman89

2017-4-2
Use props
4wd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Are you connected to the Mavic while changing?
Most settings are actually stored in the Mavic and the app can change them - but it doesn't store anything.If using alternate devices this is quite noticeale.
2017-4-3
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

I've had this happening to me a couple of times! I was going mad, glad to know I'm not the only one! It's specially annoying exactly with the R+J option, which is the only important thing for pictures to me!
2017-4-3
Use props
patman89
lvl.4
Germany

I think this happens if you change the control mode.  While Active Track is choosen, you don't have the option to change the file format. Maybe this is why it is reset to JPG all the time.

@4wd yes I am connected to my mavic. I change this parameter everytime I have taken a couple of pictures until I realize they are only stored in JPG. Really anoying...

@DJI maybe this is worth a feature request for further app development?
2017-4-3
Use props
4wd
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you use some of the special modes it will switch to JPG, could that explain it?
2017-4-3
Use props
patman89
lvl.4
Germany

4wd Posted at 2017-4-3 00:48
If you use some of the special modes it will switch to JPG, could that explain it?

Yes this is what I think. Maybe this could be fixed easily :-)

Btw. how do I get my flight-distance shown under my avatar?
2017-4-3
Use props
4wd
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

patman89 Posted at 2017-4-3 04:37
Yes this is what I think. Maybe this could be fixed easily :-)

Btw. how do I get my flight-distance shown under my avatar?

I've no idea it just appeared, I think it could be feet or metres not miles or Km!
They also know I have Mavic and P3P, it's a bit cheeky telling everyone that without me saying OK.
2017-4-3
Use props
patman89
lvl.4
Germany

Okay, maybe I haven't traveled far enough yet :-P But I agree. They show your stats without asking.
2017-4-4
Use props
patman89
lvl.4
Germany

patman89 Posted at 2017-4-4 01:59
Okay, maybe I haven't traveled far enough yet :-P But I agree. They show your stats without asking.

My flight distance didn't show, because I never snyc'ed my flight-records. Problem solved ;-)

About the picture format changes: This happens if you change the flight-mode to any intelligent-mode! It seems you can not shoot in RAW/DNG while using activ-track, tapfly and so on. In my opinion this should be fixed - at least when you return to normal "controller-mode" it should get the settings I have choosen before (JPG+RAW).
2017-5-2
Use props
patman89
lvl.4
Germany

As far as we know, the camera settings revert to "JPEG" if you enter active track. But that is not the only setting which changes! I noticed that the video setting has changed to 4K/30fps too. Even if you have selected PAL, which allows only 4K/25fps.

It would be great if DJI can take a look into this and fix the app that it don't change the camera settings. It's very anoying to adjust it everytime you select an alternative flight mode.
2017-5-16
Use props
Speleo-flyer
lvl.2
United Kingdom

patman89 Posted at 2017-5-16 04:38
As far as we know, the camera settings revert to "JPEG" if you enter active track. But that is not the only setting which changes! I noticed that the video setting has changed to 4K/30fps too. Even if you have selected PAL, which allows only 4K/25fps.

It would be great if DJI can take a look into this and fix the app that it don't change the camera settings. It's very anoying to adjust it everytime you select an alternative flight mode.

It also seems to change the white balance and/or compression settings, too, and also the image size (from 4000x2250 to 3840x2160, in 16:9 ratio).  :-(
2017-6-7
Use props
patman89
lvl.4
Germany

It seems this problem has been solved with DJI GO 4.1.0 :-)
2017-8-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules