1803 12 2017-4-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans31c2d4be
lvl.1
United States

Hi there,

Word of warning.

I purchased a new Mavic Pro on March 15, 2017. I quickly discovered it had blur / soft edge in the upper left corner. After following all of DJI's troubleshooting steps, I was told to send it in for repair. I asked to exchange it for a new one, since I was well within the 15 day return window. Wish granted.... Or so I thought.

Today I contacted support in order to check when I would receive me new Mavic Pro. I am now being told I will receive a refurbished unit.

So to recap.

Buy new Mavic Pro
Mavic Pro has hardware issue
Return Mavic Pro for new one
DJI thinks it's ok to send out a refurbished unit with an unknown amount of flight time and the general wear and tear associated with a refurbished unit

This is nuts...

I am now in the process of trying to return MY ENTIRE ORDER only so I can purchase it again. I purchased the Fly More Combo and returned the Mavic Pro with all the accessories that came in that box.

This is up there with the worst customer service / ineptitude I've ever experienced.

Also, check out the double speak from their online team. "Not a used drone, just one sent back for refund" What?!?!

It's not used, it's refurbished! LOL WHAT?

It's not used, it's refurbished! LOL WHAT?
2017-4-3
Use props
BayArea99
lvl.3
Flight distance : 197336 ft
United States

Sorry to hear this issue. I had same issue and they exchanged for NEW unit under 15 day RMA in November of last year..
2017-4-3
Use props
FrankTheTankk
lvl.1
United States

BayArea99 Posted at 2017-4-3 16:06
Sorry to hear this issue. I had same issue and they exchanged for NEW unit under 15 day RMA in November of last year..

Did your new drone have the blur issue?
2017-4-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi FrankTheTankk, we sincerely apologize for the frustration.
Could you please provide me with your case number? I'll help to look into it.
2017-4-3
Use props
FrankTheTankk
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-4-3 19:18
Hi FrankTheTankk, we sincerely apologize for the frustration.
Could you please provide me with your case number? I'll help to look into it.

Sure, CAS-535461-G9M3B9

I want to be very up front, I received my Mavic March 15th, as such it's within the 15 day return window. When I initiated my exchange it was with the understanding I would receive  new Mavic, not a refurbished one since I could simply ask for a refund and purchase a new unit.

If they plan on sending me a refurbished unit, I would like to get a refund on my entire order.

Thanks in advance.
2017-4-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

FrankTheTankk Posted at 2017-4-3 21:21
Sure, CAS-535461-G9M3B9

I want to be very up front, I received my Mavic March 15th, as such it's within the 15 day return window. When I initiated my exchange it was with the understanding I would receive  new Mavic, not a refurbished one since I could simply ask for a refund and purchase a new unit.

Thank you for your information.
I have brought this to the attention of our management.  We will get it solved as soon as possible.
2017-4-3
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

DJI's warranty is really clear. If it is defective then it is at their discretion as to whether they fix it or replace it with new or refurbished. The refurbished will have the same warranty. There are many companies with the same sort of warranty and it is quite legal. I realise it is frustrating for you but there are many of us in the same boat and our replacement units are working well.
2017-4-3
Use props
Njw83
lvl.3
Flight distance : 89767 ft
United Kingdom

So when I made the same complaint a few days ago and everyone told me my replacement wouldn't be a refurb unit... that was all BS then?

2017-4-4
Use props
FrankTheTankk
lvl.1
United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-4-3 23:26
DJI's warranty is really clear. If it is defective then it is at their discretion as to whether they fix it or replace it with new or refurbished. The refurbished will have the same warranty. There are many companies with the same sort of warranty and it is quite legal. I realise it is frustrating for you but there are many of us in the same boat and our replacement units are working well.

I'm not asking for a warranty repair though...

I just purchased my Mavic Pro on March 15th and I'm asking for an exchange. I'm within the exchange period. If I was out of the exchange period, I would expect a warranty repair and thus a refurbished unit.

To put it another way. It is no different than going to Best Buy and finding out there is a defect with what you purchased. You would return to the store and exchange it for a new one on the shelf. Not an open box...

2017-4-4
Use props
FrankTheTankk
lvl.1
United States

Njw83 Posted at 2017-4-4 00:16
So when I made the same complaint a few days ago and everyone told me my replacement wouldn't be a refurb unit... that was all BS then?

If you are within the return period which is 15 days, then yes, that's BS.

You wouldn't return something you just bought at a store only to receive a used product in return would you? Given that scenario, I suspect most people would ask for a refund and just go purchase a new unit.
2017-4-4
Use props
weedhopper
lvl.4
Flight distance : 85686 ft
France

FrankTheTankk Posted at 2017-4-4 07:50
If you are within the return period which is 15 days, then yes, that's BS.

You wouldn't return something you just bought at a store only to receive a used product in return would you? Given that scenario, I suspect most people would ask for a refund and just go purchase a new unit.

Hello

My Opinion is :
it is an "out of the Box" Problem and the Word "refurbished" must be banned for this Case !!!!!

Good Luck

Regards
2017-4-4
Use props
BayArea99
lvl.3
Flight distance : 197336 ft
United States

FrankTheTankk Posted at 2017-4-3 16:18
Did your new drone have the blur issue?

Yes, it did have blur issue plus gimbal stability issue too.
2017-4-4
Use props
FrankTheTankk
lvl.1
United States

BayArea99 Posted at 2017-4-4 11:54
Yes, it did have blur issue plus gimbal stability issue too.

So are you going on your 3rd drone now?
2017-4-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules