Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Timeframe issues on repair
1493 23 2017-4-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansd8032b57
lvl.4
United States

CAS-528225-D6T1K2 - I opened this case 13 days ago. DJI takes a day to even email me a shipping label, which was for ground shipping, with no insurance.... On a $1,000 drone!! I send it out the morning I recieve the shipping label. DJI receives my drone package 6 days ago. It is still in a "Conducting Damage Assessmant" status when I look at the case status. The same webpage I got the status from states that it will take 1 working day to assess damage. It's been 6 days since the drone was received by DJI. There is no reason I should not have an evaluation yet. I had issues receiving my new drone in the provided timeframe after it was paid for as well. There have been issues with DJI sticking to posted timeframes, EVERY STEP OF THE WAY. This is a thousand dollar item that I/others have purchused and I strongly feel that the repair/customer service is SEVERELY lacking.
2017-4-4
Use props
pritchiedotcom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125738 ft
United Kingdom

Sorry to hear you are having problems.  It's a shame DJI cann't keep everyone happy.  Out of interest, did you insure it yourself?  Or as DJI sent the shipping label, does this mean they self insure it, eg. if it goes missing they replace it? $1000 may not be much for them (well probably < $500 for them to replace it), but $1000 is a lot for me too.  What did you do reagarding insurance?
2017-4-4
Use props
F4D Studio
lvl.1
Flight distance : 706906 ft
United States

This is a typical experience with DJI. If you don't have to send anything or deal with them ever then avoid it. I have a case going on currently that should be resolved, I didn't even send a drone in, just my flight logs and it has taken over a month and I still don't have a direct contact.
2017-4-4
Use props
Eric13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13875118 ft
  • >>>
Germany

My guess is DJI is under-staffed.
In Germany it appears to be not so bad. I just sent in my P4P (tilted horizon)
E-mail dialog took two work days.
They claim repair takes 10-15 work days. Let's see.

DJI is probably overwhelmed in regards to drone demand and issues.
In the US alone I would think they have multiple thousand inquiries per day.
2017-4-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

We feel very sorry for the trouble you've been caused.
After you submitted a repair case, we would sent you the shipping label in 1 to 2 business days then you could send it in.
We've reported your case to repair team, will escalate it for you soon then keep you updated, appreciate your patience and support!
2017-4-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

F4D Studio Posted at 2017-4-4 07:39
This is a typical experience with DJI. If you don't have to send anything or deal with them ever then avoid it. I have a case going on currently that should be resolved, I didn't even send a drone in, just my flight logs and it has taken over a month and I still don't have a direct contact.

I just checked your case number, we failed to review the flight records for lack of information at first, then sent you an e-mail to confirm more details last week and forwarded it to data analysis engineers again. I've informed them to help you handle it soon and contact you for the result, very sorry for the inconvenience.
2017-4-4
Use props
F4D Studio
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-4-4 18:31
I just checked your case number, we failed to review the flight records for lack of information at first, then sent you an e-mail to confirm more details last week and forwarded it to data analysis engineers again. I've informed them to help you handle it soon and contact you for the result, very sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you, we did get contacted with a message saying how backed up the team is and how they are moving locations and it might be awhile, not much information.  They assured they would expedite it but I have heard that from DJI before. We really want to decide what to do about replacing out drone. We were told if we don't get it completely replaced we would get a discount, but not sure if any of that came from someone who can make those decisions.  I am purchaseing a I2 but can't find batteries cause no one has them so It really does me no good. I really need a I1 so we can continue to do our job. We did shoot for DJI on the M-200 launch video and am wonder if there is some way to get a DJI Pilot discount so I can get the I1 back in the air. Not having good luck with communication with DJI, feels like I am getting the Run around. They claim they don't have all the info but I am for sure they have all the Cache uploaded.
2017-4-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

F4D Studio Posted at 2017-4-5 10:05
Thank you, we did get contacted with a message saying how backed up the team is and how they are moving locations and it might be awhile, not much information.  They assured they would expedite it but I have heard that from DJI before. We really want to decide what to do about replacing out drone. We were told if we don't get it completely replaced we would get a discount, but not sure if any of that came from someone who can make those decisions.  I am purchaseing a I2 but can't find batteries cause no one has them so It really does me no good. I really need a I1 so we can continue to do our job. We did shoot for DJI on the M-200 launch video and am wonder if there is some way to get a DJI Pilot discount so I can get the I1 back in the air. Not having good luck with communication with DJI, feels like I am getting the Run around. They claim they don't have all the info but I am for sure they have all the Cache uploaded.

We do understand this is very frustrating, sincerely apologize for the pain you've been caused.
Our engineers tried to sync you flight records and review it but failed yesterday. I saw our support sent you an e-mail to ask you export the flight records saved into your mobile device again, could you please do that and upload it to Dropbox, then post the link here? I'll transfer it to our engineers for analysis again.
2017-4-5
Use props
F4D Studio
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-4-5 19:29
We do understand this is very frustrating, sincerely apologize for the pain you've been caused.
Our engineers tried to sync you flight records and review it but failed yesterday. I saw our support sent you an e-mail to ask you export the flight records saved into your mobile device again, could you please do that and upload it to Dropbox, then post the link here? I'll transfer it to our engineers for analysis again.

Here is all the information on my Ipad.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/j20ke ... TI2pELh-PC_cea?dl=0
2017-4-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

F4D Studio Posted at 2017-4-6 08:50
Here is all the information on my Ipad.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/j20ke5fh3d6ka8o/AAAHVMSTNC7TI2pELh-PC_cea?dl=0

Thank you, I've forwarded it to our data analysis engineers again and asked them to review the records for you soon, will let you know for any news.
2017-4-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Here is an update:
We reviewed the latest flight record you provided, but it did not fly away, please check the screenshot below attached.
To figure it out, could you please  tell me the exact time it happened? Which flight record shows it flew away?
fr.png
2017-4-6
Use props
F4D Studio
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-4-6 19:08
Here is an update:
We reviewed the latest flight record you provided, but it did not fly away, please check the screenshot below attached.
To figure it out, could you please  tell me the exact time it happened? Which flight record shows it flew away?

This is a drone we were using after we lost the drone, We used this drone to look for the missing one.

Here is the link to the records you should be looking at:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w8wfa3 ... 7-18-56%5D.txt?dl=0
2017-4-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

F4D Studio Posted at 2017-4-10 07:28
This is a drone we were using after we lost the drone, We used this drone to look for the missing one.

Thank you, I've transferred it to the data analysis engineers for reviewing again, will keep you updated once I hear from them.
2017-4-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

F4D Studio Posted at 2017-4-10 07:28

We've finished data analysis, and our support sent you an e-mail with the result, please check your e-mail box and feel free to reply the e-mail for any further questions, thanks.
2017-4-11
Use props
F4D Studio
lvl.1
United States

Natalia,

I am disappointed in this process and the Analysis. I fee this is not a great way to work with a valued customer who has purchased over $150,000 worth of equipment from DJI and who has also piloted for a DJI Commercial.  

The analysis came back saying the equipment was performing perfect until it wasn't. How is this not an equipment failure? Also, they are only offering 30% discount on The inspire 1 v2 with X3, I was flying the Inspire 1 Pro with X5 don't you think we should have the option to replace the equivalent to what we were using? I would request another look at this I feel this is an equipment issue. If we can not replace the equipment at free I would like a discount on the equipment I was actually using. Below is what was said and makes no sense. The sign of Abnormality is that the helicopter disappeared.

Hi Travis,

Thanks for your patience.

For your claimed case CAS-493817-R7H3G7, we have already finished the analysis, and the result is as follows:
1. The aircraft was piloted in GPS mode and responded to the stick commands well;
2. T=05-42, h=281m, d=2180m, battery 56%, flight record suddenly ended;

With the record ended without any sign of abnormality, we could not verify what happened afterwards. As such, we could not provide warranty service.

We truly appreciate your support for DJI, and especially applied for a 30% off coupon for aircraft without charger and remote:
http://store.dji.com/product/ins ... and-battery-charger

If you would like to accept the offer, please reply to my email for example “I accept the offer”. Should you have more questions, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Sophia
DJI Tech Support
http://www.dji.com/
2017-4-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

F4D Studio Posted at 2017-4-11 07:12
Natalia,

I am disappointed in this process and the Analysis. I fee this is not a great way to work with a valued customer who has purchased over $150,000 worth of equipment from DJI and who has also piloted for a DJI Commercial.  

I would feel the same way if I were in your position.
We reviewed the flight record you uploaded, it cut off at 05:42 H=281m, D=2180m, battery 56% for unknown reasons, for lack of proof, we are able to figure out the exact reason of drone lost, in that case, we provided the final decision to get it resolved.
I've forwarded your concern to the support team that you were flying Inspire 1 Pro with X5 rather than X3, will escalate it soon and send you an e-mail later, thank you for your understanding.
2017-4-11
Use props
F4D Studio
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-4-11 20:34
I would feel the same way if I were in your position.
We reviewed the flight record you uploaded, it cut off at 05:42 H=281m, D=2180m, battery 56% for unknown reasons, for lack of proof, we are able to figure out the exact reason of drone lost, in that case, we provided the final decision to get it resolved.
I've forwarded your concern to the support team that you were flying Inspire 1 Pro with X5 rather than X3, will escalate it soon and send you an e-mail later, thank you for your understanding.

Thank you, however we have heard nothing. Still just wanting to get this resolved. we were originally told this would be a 10 day process it has been well over a month. Very disappointing again for someone who has spent so much money on this company and filmed for them.
2017-4-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

F4D Studio Posted at 2017-4-13 10:07
Thank you, however we have heard nothing. Still just wanting to get this resolved. we were originally told this would be a 10 day process it has been well over a month. Very disappointing again for someone who has spent so much money on this company and filmed for them.

It might be caused by system error, I asked the support to send you an e-mail again, please check whether you've received it. Very sorry for the inconvenience.
2017-4-13
Use props
F4D Studio
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-4-13 20:32
It might be caused by system error, I asked the support to send you an e-mail again, please check whether you've received it. Very sorry for the inconvenience.

We have replied to support at DJI but they are not replying. We really need to replace our equipment so we can continue our work can you please help this process move forward again. We would really like to get this resolved.
2017-4-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

F4D Studio Posted at 2017-4-17 09:14
We have replied to support at DJI but they are not replying. We really need to replace our equipment so we can continue our work can you please help this process move forward again. We would really like to get this resolved.

I've asked the support to take care of your case and get it resolved soon, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2017-4-17
Use props
F4D Studio
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-4-17 23:21
I've asked the support to take care of your case and get it resolved soon, sorry for the inconvenience caused.

They are not donig a very good job. I have sent them reply emails and they seem to be confused. Please get me in contact with someone other than the generic email. This is ridiculous all I need is to order a drone. Who is in charge at this company it is almosty imposible to communicate with someone at the support center.  I have replied to the email I have attached below and they can't seem to answer any of my reply questions or finish fulfilling the case. PLease help make this happen not sure why it is taking so much work from me to get this closed.

Also, I want to share this so everyone can see how DJI doesn't take any responsibility, they are calling this not a fault of the drone but saying the ccase was it didn;t return home and it wasn't pilot error. When a drone falls out of the sky and was working perfectly I would call that a equipment malfunction. This email also makes absolutly no sense and doesn't answer the question why they will not replace the equipment.

Hi Travis,

Thanks for getting back to us.
Sorry for the delay that the other email was not sent to your successfully. Travis, if you have any question in regards with case CAS-493817-R7H3G7, please kindly reply email to us.

We contacted the analysts again and from the serial number of the camera, the lost one was X5 but not X3. In this case, we will offer 30% off for Inspire 1 with X5 camera but not X3, without charger and remote.

Travis, per our colleagues, you also wondered why this case is not covered with warranty. Please allow us to further explain:

1. The aircraft didn't return back home is the result, and data analysis is aimed to figure out the cause;

2. The flight record ended without pilot error and without product malfunction, then we don't know what happenedduring the flight; thus the result is still inconclusive; In this case, we especially apply for 30% off;

3. We also want to figure out the cause. It is out the data analysis engineers are incapable or unwilling, however the cause was not recorded;

Since we don't have Inspire 1 with X5 camera, we will send quotation to you and ship to your address from our NA service center after payment confirmed. Please consider about it and let us know if you accept. Thanks a lot.

Best Regards,

Sophia
DJI Tech Support
http://www.dji.com/
2017-4-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

F4D Studio Posted at 2017-4-18 05:47
They are not donig a very good job. I have sent them reply emails and they seem to be confused. Please get me in contact with someone other than the generic email. This is ridiculous all I need is to order a drone. Who is in charge at this company it is almosty imposible to communicate with someone at the support center.  I have replied to the email I have attached below and they can't seem to answer any of my reply questions or finish fulfilling the case. PLease help make this happen not sure why it is taking so much work from me to get this closed.

Also, I want to share this so everyone can see how DJI doesn't take any responsibility, they are calling this not a fault of the drone but saying the ccase was it didn;t return home and it wasn't pilot error. When a drone falls out of the sky and was working perfectly I would call that a equipment malfunction. This email also makes absolutly no sense and doesn't answer the question why they will not replace the equipment.

I am really sorry to hear about that.
We are working on your case, as we explained before, due to lack of evidence, we are unable to figure out the exact reason for the lost, then offered you the solution to purchase a new one.
We'll send you a invoice soon, and ship Inspire 1 with X5 camera to you from our NA service center after payment confirmation.
I asked the designated team to speed up the process for you.
Thanks for sharing your experience with us, I've reported it to the management, will keep improving to provide you better service, sorry again for the trouble caused.
2017-4-18
Use props
Steve818
New
United States

I used to be a supporter  and advocate of DJI until my recent experience with the repair team and customer service.  I sent in my phantom 4 pro because it malfunctioned and crashed into my toy hauler. I had just purchased this new drone and it was my third flight. I sent it in for a warranty exchange but the repair team said it was pilot error. Here's what happened: I calibrated my Compass and I turn on my drone as soon as the Drone turned on it went full speed on sport mode forward and crashed into my toy hauler. The drone did not even elevate at all. I pulled back on the stick trying to stop it but it still didn't respond. The repair team is telling me that  I pressed forward and the drone crashed into the wall, thus its my fault. Look, I am a very experienced pilot. I have been racing and flying all types of drones for years now. I also fly 3-D helicopters which are far more advanced then flying drones. I did not press anything after I turn the drone on. It absolutely makes no sense for even a beginner to press forward on sport mode without elevating. I tried to explaining this to customer service agents and they don't understand that it's not possible unless I purposely wanted to crash my drone.  In order to fly a drone you must lift off first. And the flight log of the drone doesn't show that the drone elevated. Yet they still assume that I pressed forward which I didnt. My drone is still currently with DJI repair team and it's almost 2 months now. I can't believe a multibillion dollar multinational company like DJI will treat customers like this. I still think DJI has the leading edge in consumer drone technology. I just don't understand why they don't take responsibility on a faulty drone. I have spent over $4000 on DJI products already.  I am not trying to get away from my $400 repair bill. This specific drone is a liability for me. I fly a lot and can't take the risk of something like that happening again and potentially hurting somebody. Clearly this drone has some internal issues. But Dji keeps failing to find the problem and finds it easier to just blame the pilot. Here is my case number: CAS-462687-G9L2Z3
2017-4-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Steve818 Posted at 2017-4-19 17:11
I used to be a supporter  and advocate of DJI until my recent experience with the repair team and customer service.  I sent in my phantom 4 pro because it malfunctioned and crashed into my toy hauler. I had just purchased this new drone and it was my third flight. I sent it in for a warranty exchange but the repair team said it was pilot error. Here's what happened: I calibrated my Compass and I turn on my drone as soon as the Drone turned on it went full speed on sport mode forward and crashed into my toy hauler. The drone did not even elevate at all. I pulled back on the stick trying to stop it but it still didn't respond. The repair team is telling me that  I pressed forward and the drone crashed into the wall, thus its my fault. Look, I am a very experienced pilot. I have been racing and flying all types of drones for years now. I also fly 3-D helicopters which are far more advanced then flying drones. I did not press anything after I turn the drone on. It absolutely makes no sense for even a beginner to press forward on sport mode without elevating. I tried to explaining this to customer service agents and they don't understand that it's not possible unless I purposely wanted to crash my drone.  In order to fly a drone you must lift off first. And the flight log of the drone doesn't show that the drone elevated. Yet they still assume that I pressed forward which I didnt. My drone is still currently with DJI repair team and it's almost 2 months now. I can't believe a multibillion dollar multinational company like DJI will treat customers like this. I still think DJI has the leading edge in consumer drone technology. I just don't understand why they don't take responsibility on a faulty drone. I have spent over $4000 on DJI products already.  I am not trying to get away from my $400 repair bill. This specific drone is a liability for me. I fly a lot and can't take the risk of something like that happening again and potentially hurting somebody. Clearly this drone has some internal issues. But Dji keeps failing to find the problem and finds it easier to just blame the pilot. Here is my case number: CAS-462687-G9L2Z3

Very sorry to hear about your experience, we'd love to help.
We replied your another post, please provide us the information needed so we can review it again and make it clear for you. Thanks.
2017-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules