Dramatic drought vs full pool lake video
3444 24 2017-4-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RonBurk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4844216 ft
United States

Some of you may remember the video I posted back in October of Lake Purdy (one of two main water sources for Birmingham, Alabama) when we were in a severe drought. I went back to the lake last week on the first day it was measured at full pool and shot some more video. I've edited the two together for a direct comparison, it's quite dramatic!

Video shot with a P3P, no filters, edited in Adobe Premiere Elements.
2017-4-4
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

The composition of your shots are nicely done, thanks for sharing.
2017-4-4
Use props
TPVAerials
lvl.3

United States

Wow, what a dramatic difference! Your video shows an excellent comparison of the two ends of the spectrum for the lake!
2017-4-5
Use props
Badbobstikibar
lvl.3
Flight distance : 620112 ft
United States

Nice work. Glad to see that you are out of the drought.  Plus The lake looks a lot better full for sure. Thx

BadBob
2017-4-5
Use props
RonBurk
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-4 22:22
The composition of your shots are nicely done, thanks for sharing.

Thanks! I appreciate you watching.
2017-4-5
Use props
RonBurk
lvl.3
United States

TPVAerials Posted at 2017-4-5 06:19
Wow, what a dramatic difference! Your video shows an excellent comparison of the two ends of the spectrum for the lake!

Yes, the lake level usually drops a good bit in the late summer, but this year we went over 70 days without rain and it reached an all time low. Fortunately we're having a rainy spring and it recovered quickly.
2017-4-5
Use props
pritchiedotcom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125738 ft
United Kingdom

Hi RonBurk,
What a fantastic idea brilliantly executed.  Inspirational, you've given me food for thought about how I can present future projects.  Simple, yet very effective and a pleasure to watch, unlike a side by side or under and over comparison I was dredging it would be when I started to play it.  Excellent job, your timing between scenes is ideal I believe.
2017-4-5
Use props
RonBurk
lvl.3
United States

pritchiedotcom Posted at 2017-4-5 12:41
Hi RonBurk,
What a fantastic idea brilliantly executed.  Inspirational, you've given me food for thought about how I can present future projects.  Simple, yet very effective and a pleasure to watch, unlike a side by side or under and over comparison I was dredging it would be when I started to play it.  Excellent job, your timing between scenes is ideal I believe.

Hello Pritchiedotcom, thank you for taking the time to watch (even though you thought you may not like it to start with) and your kind comment. I appreciate the attention you gave to my idea.
2017-4-6
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nicely done, quite interesting. Give a copy to your State Environmental Department as a good will gesture.
2017-4-7
Use props
manfredo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1891142 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very nice video and incredible recovery. Just curious, how long does it it take for the lake to be back to full stock (fish) after such a drought? A bit off topic but the video made me wonder
2017-4-7
Use props
m1shootr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 118894 ft
United States

Excellent composition. Easy to watch this great video. How did the drought impact the fish population? Thanks for demonstrating how a professional video should be composed!
2017-4-7
Use props
RonBurk
lvl.3
United States

manfredo Posted at 2017-4-7 03:59
Very nice video and incredible recovery. Just curious, how long does it it take for the lake to be back to full stock (fish) after such a drought? A bit off topic but the video made me wonder

Manfredo, I don't think the fish population suffered too much. There was still a fairly large (the deepest) section of the lake that maintained a sufficient level. This lake is open for fishing 6 days a week and they never closed during the drought. Currently on their web page they are showing many photos of fish that have been caught. And, just FYI, since this lake is used for drinking water for the city, they allow no private boats, no canoes or kayaks. You MUST rent one of their boats when you go there. Thanks for watching!
2017-4-7
Use props
DesertDave
lvl.3
Flight distance : 55807 ft
United States

Great job of before and after comparisons. I'm also glad Lake Purdy is back.
2017-4-7
Use props
RonBurk
lvl.3
United States

m1shootr Posted at 2017-4-7 06:04
Excellent composition. Easy to watch this great video. How did the drought impact the fish population? Thanks for demonstrating how a professional video should be composed!

Thank you! I appreciate your kind remarks. See other response about fish population.
2017-4-8
Use props
sky wombat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1454078 ft
  • >>>
Australia

great to see the contrast Ron, it really gives a good sense of the place.
2017-4-9
Use props
Aussie4220
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311732 ft
United States

nice work, cheers
2017-4-9
Use props
Dixon75
lvl.1

Canada

Wow! Brilliant! Awesome video!
2017-4-9
Use props
fans98fe40d4
New
United States

I like the mixture of 2 shoots presented side by sdie it tells the recovery story.
2017-4-13
Use props
RonBurk
lvl.3
United States

fans98fe40d4 Posted at 2017-4-13 13:00
I like the mixture of 2 shoots presented side by sdie it tells the recovery story.

...and thanks for watching and commenting!
2017-4-14
Use props
Drone Lady
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4780 ft
Canada

So well done!  Best before and after comparison I've seen. Editing was impressive. And also a thanks to Lake Purdy for being a great subject!
2017-4-16
Use props
HunterRoberts86
New
United States

Yeah this nice
2017-5-1
Use props
kailei
New

China

good idea it is ,i like this video,thanks for sharing
2017-5-7
Use props
kailei
New

China

good idea it is ,i like this video,thanks for sharing
2017-5-7
Use props
Nina.DG
lvl.2

United States

Thank you for sharing. That's very impressive. More videos like this should be spread to raise awareness.
2017-5-16
Use props
brandonstephens
lvl.1
United States

Nice video!
2017-5-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules