Phantom 4 Zoom function?
32164 11 2017-4-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Spike
lvl.1
Flight distance : 87103 ft
United States

Ok, so the other day I was taking pictures and suddenly the object that i was taking pictures of zoomed in, like i had a telephoto lens on the camera.. I got the drone to do it several more times and loved the function.. zoom in on my target from hundreds of feet up.. after reboot of the drone, I cannot get it to do it again..

couple of questions..
is the drone supposed to be able to do this?
if not, can the feature be added..

if the drone is supposed to do this, how do I get it to do it?  what am I missing here?

obviously the camera has the capability to zoom..

using phantom 4 Pro +

2017-4-5
Use props
New York Giants
lvl.3
Flight distance : 334774 ft
United States

My friend also had the same concern bc he was able 2 zoom with his p4 but when he got his p4p he could not zoom. So he borrowed a friends p4 again to see if it would zoom & the answer is yes so im guessing that dji made some changes with firmware for p4p that wont allow the p4p to zoom.  
2017-4-5
Use props
SM-17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 179288 ft
Malta

My p4p+ zoom in, focus, zoom out and take the pic. I think it's called focus assist

This happens when i am very far from the object and use the hardware button to focus.  
2017-4-5
Use props
Spike
lvl.1
Flight distance : 87103 ft
United States

appears to be focus assistant.. now if DJI will give us the capability to take a picture at the zoom level.. that would be nice..
2017-5-15
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136686 ft

Australia

It would only be a digital zoom, not optical zoom. You can do the same thing in Post. It's called cropping.
2017-5-15
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

The camera on the aircraft is NOT zooming, the effect is simply digital zoom on the display device. The camera does not have a zoom lens.
2017-5-15
Use props
m1shootr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 118894 ft
United States

Yup. Both Cabansail and Geebax are spot on.
2017-5-16
Use props
fansafe7de28
New
Flight distance : 2652100 ft
United States

You can zoom in on P4P just lightly press the action/take picture button button and it will zoom in for a few moments and you can take a picture and zoom mode. It is a pressure sensitive action button again slightly press to activate resume once in soon though fully press  to snap photo  hope this helps
2017-7-30
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

I noticed something similar the other day when I was filming. I changed the ratio or something in the camera options. The video that was recorded on my phone was normal but the video on the card was in way closer. There is a huge difference in the 2 recordings of the same video.
2017-7-30
Use props
X-ACTO!
lvl.2
Flight distance : 837799 ft
United States

My p4 will not zoom
2017-7-30
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

As far as I'm aware it only works on IOS devices, and not in 4k. Should work with 1080P & 2k. It is a digital zoom as mentioned previously, but what you see on screen is what it records (WYSIWYG ).

When in one of the supported modes spread finger and thumb apart on screen to zoom in and pinch together on screen to zoom out again.
2017-7-30
Use props
X-ACTO!
lvl.2
Flight distance : 837799 ft
United States

Thanks so much
2017-7-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules