690 4 2017-4-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PaulL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 23898 ft
United States

Hey fellow fliers,

Just wanted to give you guys an idea of the timeline was like for my repair.

I was having obstacle avoidance errors, I took my bird to a local vendor where I purchased it. After they looked at it, they suggested I send it back to DJI. Fair enough. I wrote a thorough note explaining the problem, along with a copy of the original receipt. I also provided a copy of the log showing confirming no crashes. When I started the process, I opened an RMA but did not send the bird back for a few weeks due to my busy schedule. I sent only the copter, nothing else.

DJI received the bird on March 18, and I had it back by the 30th. I never once contacted them to check on progress. The bird I received in return was not the same one I sent in. It does appear to be perfectly new though. They also included an extra set of propellers with the return.

I am perfectly happy with the process. I am a professional photographer, and the quad is just another tool for me to use. I believe in redundancy, I always carry extra cameras, lenses and cards with me on the job. I don’t have a back up quad, but will get another P4 in the near future. A little bulky to carry two, but if it is your living, you always need a back up plan.

I was perfectly happy with the service provided. Thanks DJI, appreciate you guys.

Screen Shot 2017-04-05 at 9.22.16 AM.png
2017-4-5
Use props
Jester
lvl.3
Flight distance : 195016 ft

United States

That's great news that you had a good experience!
2017-4-5
Use props
PaulL
lvl.2
United States

I forgot to mention that I did have to recalibrate the bird when I got it back, and still need to double check all my camera and gimbal settings. I also had to synch the bird with the remote. Took less than a minute. Took it for a test flight yesterday and seems good to go.
2017-4-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

We're so happy to hear that you are enjoying it, appreciate your feedback and support, which provides us motivation to keep improving. Happy flying!
2017-4-6
Use props
PaulL
lvl.2
United States

Will do! Thanks!
2017-4-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules