Mavic Pro Gimbal Calibration Constantly Failing
11887 8 2017-4-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cameron McGeorg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1195837 ft
New Zealand

Got new mavic today, tried to recalibrate gimbal as it wasnt quite right after shipping i think, however the camera stopped moving and calibrating after 73%. It also jumped from 10%-46% ... is this normal.

I tried calibration 3 or 4 times with identical results/outcomes ...

ANY IDEAS ........ ?
2017-4-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

What's your current firmware version?
Have you tried to update the firmware then do the calibration again?
2017-4-5
Use props
Cameron McGeorg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1195837 ft
New Zealand

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-4-5 23:17
What's your current firmware version?
Have you tried to update the firmware then do the calibration again?

The firmware version i Have is the one that was released the other day (in April). and yes I have tried calibration about 3 times since update, and nothing different has occurred.
2017-4-6
Use props
rnrnrn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430932 ft
Germany

Cameron McGeorg Posted at 2017-4-6 01:10
The firmware version i Have is the one that was released the other day (in April). and yes I have tried calibration about 3 times since update, and nothing different has occurred.

The gimbal calibration has to be carried out in bright light - preferably daylight (from my experience) and it would be best to have a nice horizontal line in view of the camera - so let's say from the floor point it at the balcony door during the day (hopefully sunny one) and you should be better off.

I know it isn't mentioned in the manual - but it should. I've had gimbal calibration failures in dark conditions a few times - never in daylight - hence this observation. Others have confirmed it too.

Hope this works for you ;-)
2017-4-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Cameron McGeorg Posted at 2017-4-6 01:10

Did you get any gimbal error message from DJI GO app?
After turning on the aircraft, will the gimbal do the calibration automatically?
If convenient, please make a short video of the calibration issue for better assistance.
2017-4-7
Use props
fans9ff9d066
New
Flight distance : 6358 ft
Pakistan

I have new dji mavic pro when i start the ac it gives me a massage and it did not calibrate imu nor compass nor the gimble please help me anyone and i tried new update and also in previous firmware too in both its failed
Screenshot_20170503-003406.png
Screenshot_20170502-170300.png
Screenshot_20170502-170140.png
Screenshot_20170502-165915.png
2017-5-2
Use props
fans61dd7335
lvl.1
United States

Good news. I went from 31% to completed calibration. The ribbon cables obstructed the gimbal movement. I had to replace the ribbon cable after a crash. When I assembled back the gimbal, inadvertently, I witched the two external plates that protect the cables. The plates are slight different. One is shorter than the other. The shorter one has an extension to protect the cable behind the camera. The longer plate is rectangular and goes, as you  face the camera, on the left side covering the motor. Also, it is possible that the ribbon cable was twisted one loop more than needed, reducing the length and putting pressure on the gimbal restricting the movement.
If the craft is new, it is possible that it was assembled incorrectly in the factory. If not by what I mentioned above, by restricting the movement with the cable.
Check that the plates are not pressing the cables and that they are in the right place. Safe Flights!
2019-4-11
Use props
Filipok
lvl.2
United States

fans61dd7335 Posted at 4-11 23:50
Good news. I went from 31% to completed calibration. The ribbon cables obstructed the gimbal movement. I had to replace the ribbon cable after a crash. When I assembled back the gimbal, inadvertently, I witched the two external plates that protect the cables. The plates are slight different. One is shorter than the other. The shorter one has an extension to protect the cable behind the camera. The longer plate is rectangular and goes, as you  face the camera, on the left side covering the motor. Also, it is possible that the ribbon cable was twisted one loop more than needed, reducing the length and putting pressure on the gimbal restricting the movement.
If the craft is new, it is possible that it was assembled incorrectly in the factory. If not by what I mentioned above, by restricting the movement with the cable.
Check that the plates are not pressing the cables and that they are in the right place. Safe Flights!

After a flat cable, video cable, and lens replacement,, this was also EXACTLY my problem. Thank you so much for calling my attention to this. It saved me hours of issues! Wow.. can't believe I didn't catch that earlier.
Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Warmest,

Phillip
2019-11-15
Use props
djiuser_wCh1gtcHxIIW
New

United States

rnrnrn Posted at 2017-4-6 01:41
The gimbal calibration has to be carried out in bright light - preferably daylight (from my experience) and it would be best to have a nice horizontal line in view of the camera - so let's say from the floor point it at the balcony door during the day (hopefully sunny one) and you should be better off.

I know it isn't mentioned in the manual - but it should. I've had gimbal calibration failures in dark conditions a few times - never in daylight - hence this observation. Others have confirmed it too.

This was the best advice - thank you so much! I spent most of a weekend in frustration over this, worried that I had purchased a lemon! Finally got some sun and took it out to the driveway and lined it up on my partially opened garage door. Calibration sat! Thank you again.
2020-9-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules