Home Point Recording from launch pad?
730 4 2017-4-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pan_de_ron
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36017 ft
United States

I'm flying from a make-shift launch pad outside around home to test some settings before I go out in the real world . When I initially take off, I hear that the "home point has been recorded."  If I land and fly several times from the same launch pad, should I hear or see the "home point has been recorded" after my 1st take off from the launch pad?  I notice I don't. Am I suppose to assume that that Home Point is already recorded since the location of the MP is at the same spot? I still see the green H bubble on the map on the app.
I tested it by moving my MP to a different location that was around 10 ft from the launch pad. It recorded a new "home point".  Just making sure if I'm ok when I'm out the real world.  I make sure that "home point has been recorded" is part of my check-off list.

Thanks in advance...
2017-4-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

For taking off the first time, the Home point will be refreshed automatically with good GPS quality,  or it will refresh until the signal quality becomes good after taking off.
If the aircraft is not powered off but being moved to another location with shutting down the motors, then it takes off again, the Home point will not refresh with poor GPS quality and the previous Home point will be used.
Even if the GPS quality is enhanced afterwards, the Home point will not be refreshed due to it is not the first-time taking off after the aircraft is powered on.
2017-4-5
Use props
pan_de_ron
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-4-5 23:19
For taking off the first time, the Home point will be refreshed automatically with good GPS quality,  or it will refresh until the signal quality becomes good after taking off.
If the aircraft is not powered off but being moved to another location with shutting down the motors, then it takes off again, the Home point will not refresh with poor GPS quality and the previous Home point will be used.
Even if the GPS quality is enhanced afterwards, the Home point will not be refreshed due to it is not the first-time taking off after the aircraft is powered on.

Hi Mindy,

Thanks for the info. Could someone at DJI test this:

From Launch Pad:

1. GPS signal is good.  1st: Take off.  You should hear/see:  "Home Point is set".
2. Land on the same exact spot from the 1st take off.
3. GPS signal is good. 2nd take off.  Should I hear/see: "Home point is set"?

The Green H Bubble is set at the same location on the map on the 1st and 2nd take off.

I appreciate all the help your team does.
2017-4-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

pan_de_ron Posted at 2017-4-6 06:06
Hi Mindy,

Thanks for the info. Could someone at DJI test this:

If you didn't restart the aircraft, it will not refresh the home point.
2017-4-6
Use props
pan_de_ron
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-4-6 22:41
If you didn't restart the aircraft, it will not refresh the home point.

Gotcha. Thanks Mindy. I was expecting to hear or see  the prompt at every take off. I may have been overthinking things. Thanks for the clarification.
2017-4-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules