Beautiful Transylvanian canyon
953 8 2017-4-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Zsolti
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1882113 ft
Romania

I had a stressful day filming this beautiful canyon in Transylvania. As you all know, there's no GPS signal in tight canyon, so I had to fly in ATTI mode for a significant part of this video. When the drone gained some altitude, GPS signal came back, but it was still difficult to control it, looking out for cliffs and forests and making sure I don't lose the signal. I had a little risky situation when my battery was down to 30% and I couldn't figure out where the drone was in the sky and I didn't want to crash it in a cliff or a tree, but eventually I managed to locate it and land it with 14% battery left {:4_177:}

A bit of information about the place I filmed:

East of the village called Meresti is located the picturesque Vargyas Canyon which is  perhaps the village's most important touristic asset. In the canyon a  number of caves are located. A 1500 m long cave was named after the  geographer of the Székely Land Balazs Orban.  The cave was inhabited by man even in prehistoric times, later, in the  Middle Ages villagers used it as a fortified refuge. The micro-region’s  most important natural area, the Gorge is a wonder of karst topography.  At more than 900 hectares, the gorge is dominated by 200 metre white  limestone cliffs which, beyond their beauty, are an increasingly popular  climbing area. Beneath the cliffs lies a 7.5 kilometer cave system,  home to 17 species of bats, and a haven for cave explorers.

Hope you enjoy it

PS: Some of the shots are over exposed, I'm still learning so bare with me

2017-4-6
Use props
augustinmitu
New
Romania

beautiful
2017-4-6
Use props
Largespiced
New
Flight distance : 345472 ft
United Kingdom

That is stunning!
2017-4-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

It looks like a pretty awesome location, thanks for sharing. I think you did pretty well for being primarily in ATTI mode.
2017-4-6
Use props
Zsolti
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1882113 ft
Romania

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-6 13:00
It looks like a pretty awesome location, thanks for sharing. I think you did pretty well for being primarily in ATTI mode.

Thank you.
2017-4-7
Use props
NM_Quad
lvl.4
United States

Yes, good ATTI flying.  Nice country and video, and thanks for providing a little background information/history of the area.  It's fun to see different parts of the world through the Phantom's lens, but videos of some unknown region with no description are almost pointless.  Good job!
2017-4-7
Use props
Brum Ken
lvl.4
Flight distance : 787877 ft
United Kingdom

That is stunning bud what a lovely lace to fly
2017-4-9
Use props
Brum Ken
lvl.4
Flight distance : 787877 ft
United Kingdom

Should of been PLACE to fly o last post
2017-4-9
Use props
DLX734
lvl.2
United States

Really well done.  Thanks for sharing it!
2017-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules