28442 47 2017-4-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Labroides Posted at 6-10 05:29
I threw my battery containers out but I got them back because you need them when traveling.
Where did you get that piece of non-information from?
Unsurprisingly, it's completely incorrect.

From your own and others quoting of FAA / Airline regs :

"Each spare lithium battery in carry-on baggage must be individually protected to prevent short circuits. To do this, you can place each battery in original retail packaging,"

2019-6-11
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

solentlife Posted at 6-11 02:56
From your own and others quoting of FAA / Airline regs :

"Each spare lithium battery in carry-on baggage must be individually protected to prevent short circuits. To do this, you can place each battery in original retail packaging,"

All you have to do is prevent short circuiting but it's not at all necessary to use the original packaging, and very few would.
2019-6-11
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

Labroides Posted at 6-11 03:09
All you have to do is prevent short circuiting but it's not at all necessary to use the original packaging, and very few would.

I agree ...

But you took the kid to task for retrieving his packaging and asked him where he got such idea from ... in fact you said it was not correct ...

Truth is - he followed the text of the ruling where it clearly states original packaging. OK - he poorly worded it as 'containers' but after reading so many of his posts - like many wording leaves a bit to be desired at times.

We all know that IATA / FAA / var rules are vague or daft at times - but that's life. I assume who wrote the text - assumed that if a LiPo can be shipped in packaging - then that is probably safe for IATA etc.

2019-6-11
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

solentlife Posted at 6-11 03:39
I agree ...

But you took the kid to task for retrieving his packaging and asked him where he got such idea from ... in fact you said it was not correct ...

Nigel gets into semantics
The turkey said:  I threw my battery containers out but I got them back because you need them when traveling.
I said what I said because ... you don't need them for travel.
You don't need them at all.

Goodnight Nigel.

2019-6-11
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

Here we go again .... Don't dare question King Labroides.

You unfairly took the kid to task ... semantics my a*** ...

Why is it you cannot accept the kid took literal what was posted ?

Goodnight ... yep - Sleep well ... have a think about what else you can moan about.
Clocks ticking to see how long before your 'pals' jump on the stage with you ...

2019-6-11
Use props
LIVNXXL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1806125 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can bring batteries, They need to be in your carry on and discharged to 50%. If you have TB47 batteries you can bring as many as you can carry. TB 48's due to the increased current are limeted to 4. The drone can be checked but not the batteries
2019-6-11
Use props
Adam Flurk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 425466 ft
United States

This is kind of an old thread... I've flown with my drone and 4 batteries a few times since originally posting this. TSA doesn't care.
2019-6-11
Use props
djiuser_n3PShYfrrxcj
lvl.1

United States

Aussie4220 Posted at 2017-4-6 21:17
I recently flew with United from LAX to SLC, no issues whatsever.  You cant check the batteries but they are fione in the cabin

Hi,

Did you have a limit on how many batteries were allowed to be on your carry on?

Thank you
2020-7-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules