Dispute repair quote - a little help?
857 3 2017-4-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tricky2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2058832 ft
United States

[size=14.6667px]I sent my bird (P3P, original owner, from 8/2015, 300+ flights, trouble free) in for repair to California - I am in New York, gimbal was acting funny. Only under certain circumstances. In forward or reverse, when letting go of throttle, the gimbal would not remain level during braking...instead, it would angle up or down with the body of the craft...I have a short video of this. No crash..no mishandling. I am sure you have all heard it before. But I have been around since 2015 over on PP and also here...so I have a "reputation" to maintain, which prevents me from making stuff up on these forums....

[size=14.6667px]Point being...I just got the "invoice" for repair...and as expected, they are replacing Roll Motor, Pitch Motor, and Roll Axis motor....but the real doozy is the "gimbal y-axis video downlink main board V10" for $144! So the total invoice is $326.00...

[size=14.6667px]Also, they added "replace remote control module top shell" and "replace remote control bottom shell component" when the remote had no damage, i didnt report it as damaged...so why are they replacing it???

[size=14.6667px]Can anyone let me know what they would do? I mean, there is no physical damage...I don't know how a "main board" something internal, would need to be replaced....and that's a lot of dough...

[size=14.6667px]Help would be much appreciated...thank you all. Happy Friday.

[size=14.6667px]Oh, and case # is CAS-534660-W7Z6D6, in case any of you fine folks wanna jump in and just pay it for me
[size=14.6667px]

[size=14.6667px]**UPDATE: Just called DJI - I was # 4 in the [size=14.6667px]queue so I waited...last time I called I was # 27....so anyway, she logged my "dispute" and said I could receive a new invoice in 1-2 business days...so I was nice on the phone, cuz i am a nice person, I am hoping to get a small discount, then I will pay and be on my way.....
[size=14.6667px]

[size=14.6667px]Anyone know how long these repairs take...from payment received to bird in mail??  thanks!
2017-4-7
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Sorry about your experience. I've escalated your case and will look into this issue. My colleague should contact you about this issue soon.
2017-4-7
Use props
tricky2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2058832 ft
United States

just following up, I have yet to be contacted by your colleague.  thanks
2017-4-12
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

tricky2 Posted at 2017-4-12 05:28
just following up, I have yet to be contacted by your colleague.  thanks

They're looking into it now. The NA facility had recently underwent a move, so it has caused some delay in communication. From what I can see, they want to replace the main boad, which does have its own camera IMU that ensures the camera is level. Given that you are experiencing stability issues with the gimbal, this is not uncommon. For the RC, there were some cosmetic issues that they felt could be addressed with replacing them. The RC cover replacements, however, would not make a dent in the labor charge that makes up the majority of the invoice amount. The labor charge amount is primarily for the gimbal repair itself.
2017-4-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules