Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CelticWarrior
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4033665 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

jeebs-9 Posted at 2017-4-26 08:53
I don't want to get banned here. But there is something wrong with out of the box broken to them saying it's not a replacement and your getting a brand new one.....to getting the delivery and it being a used refurb. There is a certain video that is out there that I'd to post here. But I don't want to get in trouble or banned for it. So if you'd like to see why I could see the OP asking for extra stuff. Please PM me for the link to the video I'm talking about. But in fairness. I see people saying everyone should be treated fairly. But that is not what is happening across the boards. My case with DJI is an example. But I'm not going to get into that (I have a whole thread on that).

I'd really like people who are not returning or dealing with DJI to have a more open mind to the people's situations and how DJI is treating it.

I think when you look at OP's situation , he is complaining heavily about the timeframe it was taking, but when you look at it objectively you will see it took 14 working days from receiving his Mavic until he received it back, so for me he is wrong to be complaining about that,

He received it back he says it was a refurb, if it was yes that might be a problem, if it was his own repaired as new then I don't see a problem , I don't know.

Yes your right dji should treat customers fairly and there are examples where aircraft have crashed and they have judged them malfunction and replaced them and that's only right, but there are others which they have deemed pilot error and this is there right if it can't be proven otherwise.
I think dji will and are working to be a better company for themselves and customers alike, and hopefully service will soon match up to the level of their technology soon.
2017-4-26
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Yeah I can see the op point on a new drone jeebs.
2017-4-26
Use props
jeebs-9
lvl.4
Flight distance : 174262 ft
United States

CelticWarrior Posted at 2017-4-26 09:47
I think when you look at OP's situation , he is complaining heavily about the timeframe it was taking, but when you look at it objectively you will see it took 14 working days from receiving his Mavic until he received it back, so for me he is wrong to be complaining about that,

He received it back he says it was a refurb, if it was yes that might be a problem, if it was his own repaired as new then I don't see a problem , I don't know.

He could be complaining about the timing which isn't that bad ( I agree with you on that). But the fact that DJI is "repairing" brand new out of the box drones. And repeatedly telling the customer "No, even though it's says repair there on your screen. Your actually getting a brand new mavic" is a lie. There are tons of other threads on this same subject. Just check out the services group.
2017-4-26
Use props
Jayman720
lvl.1
Flight distance : 747087 ft
United States

Others have been given free batteries, props, etc.  I'm fine with the 4 I have - just saying that it's crazy that EVERYTHING has been screwed up - quite literally - from the get go.

In hindsight, I should have returned it to my dealer - but the guy I spoke to said it would take 7-10 days "from the day I shipped it to them."  7-10 days is a LOT less than waiting for them to be back in stock, ordering again, waiting on shipping, etc, etc, etc..  Made sense.  I even asked, "Does that include transit time from me to Carson?"  He said that it did.
That's lie #1

I *should* have noticed that the label said ground.  I should have paid for shipping myself.  I didn't.  

I spoke & emailed with many people - EVERY ONE OF THEM said I would be receiving a NEW MAVIC PRO.  I specifically asked, "Not a refurbished unit?"  I was told, "No.  You will receive a brand new unit."
So that's lie #2

I was assured multiple times, via chat, phone, and email that my drone would be sent back to me via 2-day shipping.  It was sent back ground.
Lie #3

Now - the ONLY reason ANY of this is an issue is because the drone arrived to me DOA.  Again, it was NEVER even in the air.  I got an overheating error when I was updating firmware.  Had I crashed the bird, broke it myself, and was getting it replaced under DJI Care - I get it.  Things take time - and you're 100% correct when you say 14 business days excluding shipping is definitely acceptable.

It's NOT acceptable when this is a DOA product - and I should be getting a brand new bird.  Receive it in, check it out, send me a new one.  What does that take - 4 days?

...and here's an extra battery for your troubles - sorry you had a bad experience with our latest & greatest product.  Please tell everyone that we took care of you, and how we're making strides to correct the terrible reputation our customer service team has.

Am I "entitled" to anything extra?  Not at all.

What I AM entitled to: A Mavic Pro that works out of the box.

If that didn't happen, I'm entitled to a replacement unit in the condition of my return.  (Brand new, never flown.)  I'm also entitled to be told the truth - and not BS'd at every turn.

(And I KNOW the unit is a refurb by the manufacture date, as well as having someone else's footage on the sd card.)

Duh.
2017-4-27
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Jayman720 Posted at 2017-4-27 07:19
Others have been given free batteries, props, etc.  I'm fine with the 4 I have - just saying that it's crazy that EVERYTHING has been screwed up - quite literally - from the get go.

In hindsight, I should have returned it to my dealer - but the guy I spoke to said it would take 7-10 days "from the day I shipped it to them."  7-10 days is a LOT less than waiting for them to be back in stock, ordering again, waiting on shipping, etc, etc, etc..  Made sense.  I even asked, "Does that include transit time from me to Carson?"  He said that it did.

And I KNOW the unit is a refurb by the manufacture date, as well as having someone else's footage on the sd card. Duh.

I didn't say yours wasn't refurbished; I just asked how you knew that it was, because you didn't provide this information in your previous post.
2017-4-27
Use props
laceyboy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 159820 ft
United States

jeebs-9 Posted at 2017-4-26 12:48
He could be complaining about the timing which isn't that bad ( I agree with you on that). But the fact that DJI is "repairing" brand new out of the box drones. And repeatedly telling the customer "No, even though it's says repair there on your screen. Your actually getting a brand new mavic" is a lie. There are tons of other threads on this same subject. Just check out the services group.

That OP chose to send in for service, not return for refund.
If they could repair it, mostly they can, then his own drone would come back to him.
There is No new units in service department as I know for most manufacturers.
2017-4-27
Use props
laceyboy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 159820 ft
United States

How do you know people got free batteries, props? Just curious.
2017-4-27
Use props
Jayman720
lvl.1
United States

laceyboy Posted at 2017-4-27 08:32

Postings here, and other places...
2017-4-27
Use props
Jayman720
lvl.1
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-4-27 07:25
And I KNOW the unit is a refurb by the manufacture date, as well as having someone else's footage on the sd card. Duh.

I didn't say yours wasn't refurbished; I just asked how you knew that it was, because you didn't provide this information in your previous post.

I know - apologies if my response came off as snotty.  Not my intent.    (The "duh." was meant for DJI.)
2017-4-27
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
United States

Jayman720 Posted at 2017-4-27 09:31
I know - apologies if my response came off as snotty.  Not my intent.    (The "duh." was meant for DJI.)

No problem. I was genuinely curious because at one point recently it appeared that most, if not all, of the replacements DJI provided were (apparently) brand new -- but that obviously couldn't continue forever. I wonder if they've now reached a point where they're comfortable enough with their refurbishment process and have enough stock to send out recycled Mavics, which technically they're within their rights to do for both warranty and Care Refresh cases. But within their rights or not, I can understand how this would have left you feeling pretty frustrated.
2017-4-27
Use props
jeebs-9
lvl.4
United States

laceyboy Posted at 2017-4-27 08:32

It's all over the place...Just saying... Just go out there and look for it. People talk about fair treatment. But have no clue
2017-4-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Think it's fair to say that from your opening post you done your upmost to discredit dji, so as regards getting a free battery, you would be the last on the list for that simply because of your tone and attitude.

You got another Mavic what's wrong with it is it the one you sent back, yes/no does it work are there any defects on it, you received it in pretty good time, although you said your retailer advised to send it into dji, you took his advice if there was a problem with his info you should probably take that up with him.

Now if what your saying is true about people getting free batteries, then I would ask you to point out just two who have got free batteries on this forum, just two.

2017-4-27
Use props
jeebs-9
lvl.4
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-4-27 09:43
No problem. I was genuinely curious because at one point recently it appeared that most, if not all, of the replacements DJI provided were (apparently) brand new -- but that obviously couldn't continue forever. I wonder if they've now reached a point where they're comfortable enough with their refurbishment process and have enough stock to send out recycled Mavics, which technically they're within their rights to do for both warranty and Care Refresh cases. But within their rights or not, I can understand how this would have left you feeling pretty frustrated.

I agree with you to a point. But say it. Don't lie. Because if you call and every single person says yes your getting a brad new mavic to replace your defected brand new mavic out of the box. And then you a refurb. That's a lie. And it's been happening to a lot of people. I'm going to go out on a limb and says it's been happening to all of them. But if they actual said all of that from the get go. I would be totally against OP's actions here.

I don't know how much rights they have to give people refurb when they brought brand new. But I do know that if you got a refurb phone (that wasn't brand new as your original). You'd mostly wouldn't want that phone.I can't imagine any that would. A refurbish item is equal to buying off of craigslist or a used car. You get a discount. That's how that works.  Refurb for full price is crazy in my opinion.
2017-4-27
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
United States

jeebs-9 Posted at 2017-4-27 11:36
I agree with you to a point. But say it. Don't lie. Because if you call and every single person says yes your getting a brad new mavic to replace your defected brand new mavic out of the box. And then you a refurb. That's a lie. And it's been happening to a lot of people. I'm going to go out on a limb and says it's been happening to all of them. But if they actual said all of that from the get go. I would be totally against OP's actions here.

I don't know how much rights they have to give people refurb when they brought brand new. But I do know that if you got a refurb phone (that wasn't brand new as your original). You'd mostly wouldn't want that phone.I can't imagine any that would. A refurbish item is equal to buying off of craigslist or a used car. You get a discount. That's how that works.  Refurb for full price is crazy in my opinion.

Don't lie. . .  That's a lie.

Specifically which part of what I wrote are you claiming is a lie and on what basis are you making the accusation?
2017-4-27
Use props
jeebs-9
lvl.4
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-4-27 12:45
Don't lie. . .  That's a lie.

Specifically which part of what I wrote are you claiming is a lie and on what basis are you making the accusation?

Ok.... I'm going to leave this one alone. Because I don't understand user even trying to defend this kind of treatment or justify this.  
2017-4-27
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
United States

jeebs-9 Posted at 2017-4-27 13:25
Ok.... I'm going to leave this one alone. Because I don't understand user even trying to defend this kind of treatment or justify this.

Yeah, that's what I thought.
2017-4-27
Use props
jeebs-9
lvl.4
United States

Ok.........
2017-4-28
Use props
Jayman720
lvl.1
United States

The DJI dealer I bought the bird from is sending me a brand new Mavic (not flymore) to replace the mavic that I got in the flymore, and taking back the refurb unit in it's place.

THAT is how good customer service is supposed to work.
2017-4-28
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
United States

Jayman720 Posted at 2017-4-28 10:13
The DJI dealer I bought the bird from is sending me a brand new Mavic (not flymore) to replace the mavic that I got in the flymore, and taking back the refurb unit in it's place.

THAT is how good customer service is supposed to work.

Yes, that's very good service and hopefully this will be the end of your bad experiences.
2017-4-28
Use props
Jayman720
lvl.1
United States

It's just really too bad that DJI makes such a superior product...  I've owned 3 Phantoms, the original OSMO, An Inspire 1, and now the Mavic.  Their product is SO good, it almost makes up for the sub-standard customer service.  

I had an issue with one of the Inspire batteries, that was handled perfectly.  My issue with the Mavic, not so much...

If their customer service can get HALF as good as their products - they'll continue to own the market,  If not - and someone else figures out how to make a rock-solid bird - they're in trouble.

My hope is that someone elevates their game, and forces DJI to elevate theirs.
2017-5-1
Use props
jeffmossy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 798409 ft
United Kingdom

Have you had chance to fly your replacement Yet ? If so what do you think ?
2017-5-1
Use props
Jayman720
lvl.1
United States

jeffmossy Posted at 2017-5-1 09:09
Have you had chance to fly your replacement Yet ? If so what do you think ?

Not flying it.  Returned it to my dealer, who will be sending me a new one.  
2017-5-5
Use props
weedhopper
lvl.4
Flight distance : 85686 ft
France

Hello

That confirm my Recommandation to all my Friends :

NEVER BUY SOMETHING TO DJI STORE !!!!!

It's allways possible to discuss with a Dealer in case of Issue.....
2017-5-5
Use props
Capt. Wild Bill
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1319180 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jayman720 Posted at 2017-4-9 07:59
I get it - I really do.  My biggest problem is the fact that it arrived DOA.  It has never even been in the air.

I could have easily returned it to the dealer, ordered a new one, and I'd be flying by now.

I've only been a forum member since last February, when I purchased a P3P.
But I've been thru many of the sub-forums, and the number of DJI products that arrive DOA like yours is unbelievable. Not to mention the products that have to get sent in for repair because of a hardware or software issue.
(e.g. phantom 3 shell failures)
2017-5-6
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

What people are failing to realize is that the Mavic is being MASS PRODUCED in CHINA while the country's that we live in practice very different business standards where they are lacking
I know job safety over there is practically nonexistent ------- What do you expect from a China based company that don't even care about it's workers ???????

2017-5-6
Use props
hybrid33
lvl.2
Flight distance : 912224 ft
United States

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-5-6 05:09
What people are failing to realize is that the Mavic is being MASS PRODUCED in CHINA while the country's that we live in practice very different business standards where they are lacking
I know job safety over there is practically nonexistent ------- What do you expect from a China based company that don't even care about it's workers ???????

Well, since you asked.... since a customer usually spends 1000-1300 on a new mavic, i'm thinking maybe just a tiny bit, that we'd expect a working unit?  IDK... maybe that's just me... but when I spend over a grand on something, i'd expect the damn thing to work.
2017-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules