Gimbal overload fault
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dumbmonkey
New
Flight distance : 38192 ft
United States

Just looking for an explaination on the gimbal overload fault on the Mavic. I just sent mine back to get fixed, and I was wondering if this is a common thing for the Mavic and what is DJI doing to fix this issue?
2017-4-8
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

Hey Monkey,

I've heard a couple gimbal over load warning
It was caused by not removing the gimbal storage Clamp or Binding in the gimbal caused by the gimbal not seated correctly to the mount .
For just the gimbal to overload without any of the above mentioned issues , I can say I never heard of this happening ---- Just a Tip for when you get it back --- the gimbal motors are very small (Tiny) with the Power OFF Inspect the gimbal movement up, down, left , right and Roll L/R Check for Binding
B4 and After you fly  
2017-4-8
Use props
Dumbmonkey
New
United States

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-4-8 05:29
Hey Monkey,

I've heard a couple gimbal over load warning

Thank you. Yeah the clamp wasn't on when this problem happens. The gimbal just goes crazy. I have only flown it a few times. If you do a search online you'll see a bunch of individuals having the same problem. A little disheartening.
2017-4-8
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

Dumbmonkey Posted at 2017-4-8 05:50
Thank you. Yeah the clamp wasn't on when this problem happens. The gimbal just goes crazy. I have only flown it a few times. If you do a search online you'll see a bunch of individuals having the same problem. A little disheartening.

Monkey,

I have also heard of sporadic gimbal movement while in Flight , But never seen or heard of a solution other then sending it back for repair ( The Dreaded RMA )
It does Sux , look on the bright side when it comes back to you ( Hopefully Soon ) you'll have many hours of trouble free flights  
2017-4-8
Use props
Dumbmonkey
New
United States

Very true. Thanks for the convo and fly safe!
2017-4-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules