IMU ACC1 not working and IMU calibration doesn't work
6228 10 2017-4-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dronelivier
lvl.2
Netherlands

I noticed my P4P gave a warning saying "IMU error". I looked up sensors in the menu and I could see that ACC1 indeed gives a data error.Screenshot:
IMG_7775.PNG

To fix this, I tried doing an IMU calibration. This didn't work however. The loading bar kept stuck at about 95%.
Screenshot:
IMG_7774.PNG

What can I do about these two issues? I've already tried downgrading. Didn't work unfortunately.
2017-4-8
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Have you also tried resetting to factory defaults in the Assistant 2 software?
2017-4-8
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

This is NOT a firmware problem.

Do a COLD calibration of your IMU. See this thread for someone who had problems but who has fixed them:

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;page=1#pid759760

Upvote my post if your problem is solved.
2017-4-8
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2017-4-8 20:30

Do a COLD calibration of your IMU. See this thread for someone who had problems but who has fixed them:

"Upvote my post if your problem is solved."

Huh ?
2017-4-9
Use props
Dronelivier
lvl.2
Netherlands

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2017-4-8 20:30

I left my drone outside for approximately 30 minutes without the battery. After that, I tried to calibrate the IMU again but it keeps stuck on 95%. The drone does flash green lights like it's ready to go to the next step. Unfortunately, the app doesn't let me go to the second step. I can fly with the drone and it flies like nothing's wrong. However, the fact that one IMU sensor isn't working bothers me.
2017-4-9
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Dronelivier Posted at 2017-4-9 02:07
I left my drone outside for approximately 30 minutes without the battery. After that, I tried to calibrate the IMU again but it keeps stuck on 95%. The drone does flash green lights like it's ready to go to the next step. Unfortunately, the app doesn't let me go to the second step. I can fly with the drone and it flies like nothing's wrong. However, the fact that one IMU sensor isn't working bothers me.

Calibrate the compass; cool off and try again cold. If you still get the error message, I suggest you arrange for a ticket to get the aircraft replaced. If its a hardware problem and your craft is new, DJI usually replaces at their cost.
2017-4-9
Use props
Dronelivier
lvl.2
Netherlands

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2017-4-9 02:14
Calibrate the compass; cool off and try again cold. If you still get the error message, I suggest you arrange for a ticket to get the aircraft replaced. If its a hardware problem and your craft is new, DJI usually replaces at their cost.

Thanks. I'll call DJI tomorrow and if nothing works I'll arrange a ticket for a replacement. My aircraft is fairly new (February 2017) so I suppose that it won't be a problem.
2017-4-9
Use props
Dronelivier
lvl.2
Netherlands

Update:
I just had contact through chat with DJI customer service. I've explained my problem and I sent the same screenshots as I've sent in this discussion. According to customer service, I really have to send my drone in for repair. He advised me to send a mail to my local DJI Support (in my case support.nl@dji.com) and they will give me instructions on how to send in my drone. I've done all of this and I'm now waiting for a reply from DJI.
2017-4-10
Use props
ProQuad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20296870 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dronelivier Posted at 2017-4-10 07:55
Update:
I just had contact through chat with DJI customer service. I've explained my problem and I sent the same screenshots as I've sent in this discussion. According to customer service, I really have to send my drone in for repair. He advised me to send a mail to my local DJI Support (in my case ) and they will give me instructions on how to send in my drone. I've done all of this and I'm now waiting for a reply from DJI.

Dronelivier,
Please post back to your own thread so other can see what the results were for the final "fix".  Thank you and good luck with the repair
2017-4-10
Use props
Dronelivier
lvl.2
Netherlands

Update:
Yesterday, 2 may 2017, I finally got back my P4P. It's not the same drone however, because the serial number of this drone doesn't match the serial number of my previous drone. The model is the same though. DJI apparently replaced my drone instead of repairing it. Which is a very neat solution if you ask me. Everything was covered by warranty.

Overall, I'm very excited that my P4P is back in town and that I can fly it again without having to worry for a possible IMU failure. I'm extremely happy with the DJI service. It did take some time (at least three weeks thanks to national holidays), but this was definitely worth it. Thanks DJI!
2017-5-3
Use props
djiuser_HHXdAvjDuZOo
New

Turkey

Arkadaşlar bu sorunun komik bir çözümü var benim cihazda böyle idi düzelttim
Orlikon16@hotmail.com ulaşırsınız yardımcı olurum
2021-11-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules