Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
I can not activate my Mavic Pro., can not pair the controller and...
2882 7 2017-4-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RanaInteractive
lvl.1
Peru

I have been unable to activate my Mavic Pro for two days now. I have been trying to follow several different set up tutorials for instance:

I  installed DJI GO for Android, plugged everything in, booted the app and when I turn on the controller all I get is, 'Disconnected'  and ‘Enter Device’. It seems like I can't complete anything else without activating the aircraft and I am never prompted to do so. If I click on Enter Device I get DJI GO but with a dark screen, no data listed, and the statice bar (top right) says 'Disconnected'. Some of the controls in the software are there and any data that should show is missing.

It does't make any difference if I use the short DJI cable or the USB port, the results are the same. It acts like my phone is not even plugged in to the controller.

Could this be the phone?  When I go through this each time, the controller says Connecting, then the phone opens a screen called USB Computer Connection. There are several choices here, USB Storage, USB Tethered, Media Device, Camera, Charge Only, etc. I have it set to Tethered.

2017-4-8
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is your device on the approved list below? Is your Mavic connected to the remote(the remote will give you feedback that you are connected on the LCD)? only 1 cable can be connected from the remote to the device at a time.   More information is needed to help you better, sorry I am running iOS and they are slightly different from Android.  

•ios: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPod touch 6, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus.
•Android: Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, SONY Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.

After checking that your Mavic is truly connected  to the remote (bound to the aircraft) and you have a supported Android device. you should be good to go.

Rich

2017-4-8
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Turn on the usb debug in your phone.
2017-4-8
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

Turn on the aircraft also, you say you turn on the remote, only that?
2017-4-8
Use props
Eagle_Eye
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4137720 ft
United States

Nees Posted at 2017-4-8 16:18
Turn on the aircraft also, you say you turn on the remote, only that?

If the lightning cable is still plugged in on the side of the remote unplug it then try again.
2017-4-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

You are also powering on the aircraft correct, you must do this to activate the aircraft.
And what phone are you using, Rich has posted the recommended devices.
Try the other choices under the USB, I don't know if tethered is the correct one, try media device.
2017-4-8
Use props
fansd838f394
New
Flight distance : 44281 ft
United States

I am in the same boat with the "Disconnected" issue.  I can connect the controller and actually fly the drone without issue using the remote but the DJI 4.0 APP still shows "disconnected" in the bottom left corner, therefore I can't see through the camera.  I can only fly LOS (obviously) and can't figure out how to get the iPad Air 2 OR Samsung Note 4 to make the connection.  Every tutorial video on YouTube starts on the screen where it says "Aircraft Connected" in green.  
2017-4-12
Use props
RanaInteractive
lvl.1
Peru

Thanks for all the advice, but it turns out the drone was registered the first time we tried it. I didn't know because the app kept crashing and acting up, anyway we finally gave up. None of the phones we had were on the approved list... and where we are located at the moment, getting one of the 'few phones' on this list is a 10 day adventure by boat and small plane. So the Mavic was shelved. We'll look into it again in a couple of weeks when we're out of here. Thanks again.
2017-4-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules