9328 15 2017-4-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans478a7e45
lvl.3
Flight distance : 233474 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all,

I have searched all the previous posts on this topic but as yet have not found a fix.

I picked up the Inspire 2 yesterday and updated to all the latest firmware then took it out for the first flight and as it took off the landing gear raised as it should however when i came to land i could not lower the landing gear and in the end had to catch it to land.
Tapping the power button 4 or 5 times no longer works either.

I have tried turning off auto gear up/down, turned off vision system and tried the going up and switching from GPS to Atti but still not working.

Has anyone had this same issue and might be able to help me fix it. I am so keen to fly this bird!

Thanks in advance
2017-4-9
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

You will want that VPS  "enabled " for sure .  If you try to use the switch on the RC toggle switch to lower the Gear  does that work, this is the toggle next tothe  RTH button ?  

I would first check and make sure you are getting data from the VPS, this I believe on the Inspire 2 is on the bottom of the Go app and should give data from about 3 meters down to  the ground , If this is NOT working the Aircraft does not Know it is near the ground and wont lower the gear , Keep in mind that in some cases you need to be very close to the ground for the auto landing gear to work , on my Inspire 1 I ned to be  less than 1 foot off the ground  for it to activate.
Perhaps you were not close enough to the ground to get it to activate ?

I dont own the Inspire 2 and maybe I am missing something , but I believe they work on the same principle .  Maybe an Inspire 2 owner can chime in as well.
****What do yo mean by pressing the power button ?  I believe this is only for going into travel mode  on the Inspire 2 and you dont want to be doing  touching that power button in flight if that is what you meant .
Pic below of location of VPS data on thr Inspire 1, I think the 2 has it in the same place but not 100% sure .  

Good Luck

donnie

vps.PNG
2017-4-9
Use props
fans478a7e45
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Donnie * Posted at 2017-4-9 03:31
You will want that VPS  "enabled " for sure .  If you try to use the switch on the RC toggle switch to lower the Gear  does that work, this is the toggle next tothe  RTH button ?  

I would first check and make sure you are getting data from the VPS, this I believe on the Inspire 2 is on the bottom of the Go app and should give data from about 3 meters down to  the ground , If this is NOT working the Aircraft does not Know it is near the ground and wont lower the gear , Keep in mind that in some cases you need to be very close to the ground for the auto landing gear to work , on my Inspire 1 I ned to be  less than 1 foot off the ground  for it to activate.

Hi,

Many thanks for the response.

Yes the VPS is reading correctly so that is OK
I "Refreshed" the firmware and also performed an VPS Calibration but still no joy.

Yes you are correct the Power button is to get it into travel mode but it wont do that either

I can obviously manually move them but that does not help with flying of course as i would have to hand launch and land.

If there is anyone else out there that can help i would really appreciate it as this really is driving me nuts right now. I was hoping i could get some practice in and use it on a job tomorrow but at this rate i will be back to the Phantom 4!

Thanks
2017-4-9
Use props
allanart
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1050577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi there. I have had no problems with the Landing Gear with my Inspire 2, but I have noted that some others have reported problems. There is one post on this Forum where the author claims to have found a solution. I cant vouch for this, but you may wish to take a look at:
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... D385%26typeid%3D385

Kind regards
Allan

2017-4-9
Use props
thomasakira
lvl.3
Flight distance : 921693 ft
United States

do you have a gimbal attached?  try removing the x5s and/or reinstalling.....worked for me both times it has happened.  I forget if I powercycled with the gimbal removed.

2017-4-9
Use props
I 2 Fly
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8176 ft
South Africa

Mine got stuck - I tried everything but nothing cured the issue.  After two weeks of fighting with the shop from where I bought it, it was swapped out for a new one.  Now I wait and worry every time I land...
2017-4-9
Use props
Deanopeps
lvl.3
United Kingdom

I 2 Fly Posted at 2017-4-9 07:23
Mine got stuck - I tried everything but nothing cured the issue.  After two weeks of fighting with the shop from where I bought it, it was swapped out for a new one.  Now I wait and worry every time I land...

Was the new one OK then. And did the shop just swap it over? I got mine from the London Camera Exchange and they do seem very good - phone call tomorrow to see.

I am now completely out of ideas - tried everything!
2017-4-9
Use props
Deanopeps
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Hi everyone,

I got in touch with London Camera Exchange and in particular their DJI expert Pete. Pete was fantastic! He knew exactly what he was talking about and after a few tests and a discussion he swapped it over for another new one no quibble - What a service!
The new one was up and running within 15 mins and is now operational. LCE have certainly won a loyal Customer in me and i now cant recommend them highly enough.

Thanks for all your help previously but it does look like i had a faulty one.
2017-4-10
Use props
I 2 Fly
lvl.4
South Africa

Good for you!  This is very frustrating and I really have not seen ANY answer form DJI as to why the Inspire 2 (or hopefully only some??) has this issue.  I have not flown the "new" one that much and I do not know what to expect regarding this issue... will this one do the same??  This, for such a top of the range drone is not acceptable at all.
2017-4-11
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Deanopeps Posted at 2017-4-10 12:00
Hi everyone,

I got in touch with London Camera Exchange and in particular their DJI expert Pete. Pete was fantastic! He knew exactly what he was talking about and after a few tests and a discussion he swapped it over for another new one no quibble - What a service!

So strange that some work fine and others have issues , hopefully Pete will be able to send back the Product to DJI for a full  refund on his end and he does not get stuck with it and have to ;art it out , etc.  Glad you have your situation resolved .

Kudos to London Camera Exchange

donnie
2017-4-11
Use props
I 2 Fly
lvl.4
South Africa

Again, if DJI would just communicate the issue as to why this happens (to some) one can try to understand the whole thing.  Is it a batch of faulty I2s?  It is for sure not software related.  I saw the technical report of my I2 - it was a mechanical failure.  Without knowing more I'll never trust the I2 for being reliable...   
2017-4-12
Use props
ToxicCanada
lvl.1
Flight distance : 220 ft
Canada

To day open the inspire to see whats happening Inside the motor on the top of the shaft work great. i turn the shaft 1/2 turn and all is ok.
2018-5-14
Use props
ToxicCanada
lvl.1
Canada

To day open the inspire to see whats happening Inside the motor on the top of the shaft work great. i turn the shaft 1/2 turn and all is ok.

I think when put the landing mode the motor make to mutch stress on the bottom shaft, this is why it was stuck there. The motor was not stronger to get out the stress on the bottom to get the landing gear up.

I made 25 min of up and down legs. Take off and landing and the problem gone for now.

Maybe post this issue on other forum gonna help a lot of poeple

Thanks

Pierre Grenier
2018-5-14
Use props
ToxicCanada
lvl.1
Canada

If you dont whant to open the inspire try this
1-put the inspire on box just in the center, the landing leg no touching the ground
2-put one battery on and open your remote and the inspire
3-waiting for the star up finish and you will see your Red led on the inspire.
4-try to move your landing whit the button on your remote. If you hair the motor trying to move .08 sec and is not.
5-put your hand on the legs boom. Force just a little bit leg to move on is direction up or down.
6-If the legs move free your hand on the boom.

And envoy your new inspire

sorry for my english i am french but hevery body talk english

Pierre grenier
2018-5-14
Use props
Flykit
New
Flight distance : 3110 ft
Ukraine

The mechanism stopped working. I can't wait 3 months for a replacement under warranty. Took apart the servo, it is clear that struck AO 4616. The cost of parts of 1$.

2019-3-1
Use props
RADAR.K
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1492543 ft
Australia

LANDING GEAR FIX!!! Hi to all, I have been flying drones in the film industry for over 10years and have been using Inspires since they were on the market. I have never had this issue until today.

I had tried everything to fix my issue reading a bunch of forums and nothing seem to work.

FIX!
In the end it seem like it is to do with VPS (Vision Position System) Connecting the Inspire to a computer, using DJI Assistant and calibrate the VPS. Once this was done landing gear worked straight away on the bench.

Hope this helps anyone that is stuck.
2021-9-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules