Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
dji mavic slow flying error
2075 32 2017-4-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans0929b234
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39101 ft
United Kingdom

hi, i have had my mavic out this morning and all was fine with it at first, i was having a nice fly along the coast of my beach when suddenly the mavic started the return to home on its own, i never lost signal and was only approx 1/4 mile away from it so it shouldnt of lost signal anyways.
when it was returning home i noticed it was really slow at coming back, approx 8mph and was taking ages to get back, when it got closer i notices it was jumping about like twitching.
i got it home and switched everything off and tried it again but it just has no power, it wont get above speeds of about 12 mph and when hovering its very twitchy
on dji go it now says
ultrasound module error please contact dji for repairs.

my question is how do i go about this ? i am in the uk and i bought it from digital rev in hong kong

quite scary thought that it could quite easily have not made it home if the battery hadnt been as charged as it was

thank you
2017-4-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Sounds like something wrong there, you will first need to sync your flight to dji cloud, and then contact http://www.dji.com/support to set up an RMA , not sure where you will have to send it since you bought it in Hong Kong , but support will tell you. Good luck..
2017-4-9
Use props
fans0929b234
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Sorry to sound stupid but how do I sync my flights?
2017-4-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fans0929b234 Posted at 2017-4-9 08:30
Sorry to sound stupid but how do I sync my flights?

If you go to dji app on opening page the one with picture of Mavic, at the bottom left hand corner just above equipment you will see what looks like paper aeroplane click on that that will bring you to your flight list should be bottom of page you can scroll through them at bottom of page , just click on the one your looking to sync and in top right hand corner you will see a small cloud, just click and you will be given option to sync your flight. You can also replay any of your flights on this page.
Hope this helps.
2017-4-9
Use props
fans0929b234
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thank you much appreciated
2017-4-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fans0929b234 Posted at 2017-4-9 11:48
Thank you much appreciated

No problem, hope you get sorted soon.
2017-4-9
Use props
fans0929b234
lvl.1
United Kingdom

How long does it normally take customer support to reply?
2017-4-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Were the aircraft flying upwind when coming back?
Please sync your flight records from DJI GO app and provide me with your DJI account email and the date this occurred. I'll help to check it.
2017-4-10
Use props
fans0929b234
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I have synced them, there was no wind and the speed kept dropping to 0mph to approx 10mph on and off, I took control of it when I realised it was coming home so slow but it made no difference, email is stationcomputers@live.com and it happened yesterday 9.04.17
2017-4-10
Use props
fans0929b234
lvl.1
United Kingdom

fans0929b234 Posted at 2017-4-10 04:20
I have synced them, there was no wind and the speed kept dropping to 0mph to approx 10mph on and off, I took control of it when I realised it was coming home so slow but it made no difference, email is stationcomputers@live.com and it happened yesterday 9.04.17

still no reply from dji support ? am i being too impatient or does it take days for them to reply normally ? i have waited a day and nothing.
surely its not acceptable to pay all this money for something you cannot use ?
2017-4-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fans0929b234 Posted at 2017-4-10 08:40
still no reply from dji support ? am i being too impatient or does it take days for them to reply normally ? i have waited a day and nothing.
surely its not acceptable to pay all this money for something you cannot use ?

Prepare yourself , everything with service moves at its own pace, they will get back to you, patience is what you need .

Dji Mindy was trying to contact you , when replying to people they will get your message much quicker, if you click on reply at the bottom of there comment.
2017-4-10
Use props
fans0929b234
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Ah right, sorry I did not know that, I posted the info she asked for but obviously she never seen it, I'm just gutted I can't use my mavic, I've had it for months and never used it because of the weather but now it's nice weather it's just typical it's not working, and to be honest it's kind of made me lose faith in it all together
2017-4-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fans0929b234 Posted at 2017-4-10 09:39
Ah right, sorry I did not know that, I posted the info she asked for but obviously she never seen it, I'm just gutted I can't use my mavic, I've had it for months and never used it because of the weather but now it's nice weather it's just typical it's not working, and to be honest it's kind of made me lose faith in it all together

You could try doing a factory reset through the Dji assistant 2, if your going to be sending it back it will do no harm, but other than that you are looking at 2/3 weeks from when you get case number.
2017-4-10
Use props
fans0929b234
lvl.1
United Kingdom

2 to 3 weeks that's shocking, think I will sell it when I get it back and in the meantime get something else, maybe a go pro karma, maybe customer support will be better
2017-4-10
Use props
MikeQView
lvl.4
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-4-9 09:21
If you go to dji app on opening page the one with picture of Mavic, at the bottom left hand corner just above equipment you will see what looks like paper aeroplane click on that that will bring you to your flight list should be bottom of page you can scroll through them at bottom of page , just click on the one your looking to sync and in top right hand corner you will see a small cloud, just click and you will be given option to sync your flight. You can also replay any of your flights on this page.
Hope this helps.

superb advice Hallmark !  clear, concise.
2017-4-10
Use props
fans0929b234
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-4-10 03:26
Were the aircraft flying upwind when coming back?
Please sync your flight records from DJI GO app and provide me with your DJI account email and the date this occurred. I'll help to check it.

i added the info you required and still have heard nothing.
2017-4-11
Use props
fans0929b234
lvl.1
United Kingdom

does anyone know of a more reliable drone than the mavic ? im reading too many horror stories about this drone, crashing for no reasons,falling out the sky, not returning home etc etc.
makes me wonder how they get away with selling them when they clearly are not reliable, and its not as if it is cheap.
mine is definitely getting sold, would rather have something back in my pocket  than watch it fly away or land somewhere like a river and get nothing.
2017-4-11
Use props
rnrnrn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430932 ft
Germany

fans0929b234 Posted at 2017-4-11 00:04
does anyone know of a more reliable drone than the mavic ? im reading too many horror stories about this drone, crashing for no reasons,falling out the sky, not returning home etc etc.
makes me wonder how they get away with selling them when they clearly are not reliable, and its not as if it is cheap.
mine is definitely getting sold, would rather have something back in my pocket  than watch it fly away or land somewhere like a river and get nothing.

The horror stories are exactly what they are - stories. I've flown quite a bit without any problems and therefore have not reported them. Given the number of the craft out there what you do read on the forums is just a promile of the successful flights. The only people writing are the ones with problems - the ones that are happy are not reporting - that's all ;-) You want a foolproof drone? Build one yourself and see how well that goes ;) This one is rather foolproof as it is.
2017-4-11
Use props
fans0929b234
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Wonder if you would say that if you seen yours fly away on its own
2017-4-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans0929b234 Posted at 2017-4-11 00:02
i added the info you required and still have heard nothing.

I have checked your flight records.  
Were you shoot into the sun? Was it foggy on that day?
2017-4-11
Use props
fans0929b234
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi, it was a clear sunny day but it had nothing to do with that, something set off the rth function and when you view the log it was set off twice?
If you check the flight logs after I got it back I did some short test flights and it still struggled to get above 10mph in any direction and it did not hover steady and still doesn't
2017-4-11
Use props
fans0929b234
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-4-11 02:34
I have checked your flight records.  
Were you shoot into the sun? Was it foggy on that day?

i replied to your question but forgot to click the reply button on here.
i think i will contact digitalrev also see if they can help in any way as over 2 days have passed and not even a response from my email to dji, i havent even requested a return yet :/
2017-4-11
Use props
fans0929b234
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Just thought I would add to this as I forgot, I had just updated the firmware to the latest before this happened, I had about 12 successful flights before this update so possibly a firmware fault, still had no help with the problem after all this time, on a plus side digital rev have responded to me quickly and are looking into it for me  
2017-4-12
Use props
SnowBirdNL
lvl.2
Canada

rnrnrn Posted at 2017-4-11 00:20
The horror stories are exactly what they are - stories. I've flown quite a bit without any problems and therefore have not reported them. Given the number of the craft out there what you do read on the forums is just a promile of the successful flights. The only people writing are the ones with problems - the ones that are happy are not reporting - that's all ;-) You want a foolproof drone? Build one yourself and see how well that goes ;) This one is rather foolproof as it is.

By your logic, because my Honda Civic has never broken down, anyone else who had a Honda Civic with issues what... Made it up?

Obviously not 100% of people would have issues, a company would not be in business with 100% product failure rate obviously!!

So if you are in the percent that has not had issue, great!! Keep your belittlement of other experiences to yourself!!

We all paid good money for our Mavics, and when some of is have issue after issue, for me literally from firmware to firmware (I could give you a list by now im sure), thats bad enough.. but shouldn't have to deal with people like you!
2017-4-12
Use props
fans0929b234
lvl.1
United Kingdom

SnowBirdNL Posted at 2017-4-12 12:37
By your logic, because my Honda Civic has never broken down, anyone else who had a Honda Civic with issues what... Made it up?

Obviously not 100% of people would have issues, a company would not be in business with 100% product failure rate obviously!!

well said, couldn't agree more, its more or less saying if a car or anything else breaks down its driver/human error and not the device. hes just one of the lucky ones that hasn't had any problems with his mavic YET just like i had none until it happened.
2017-4-12
Use props
fans0929b234
lvl.1
United Kingdom

i got this reply from digitalrev which i have to say was very quick response compared to dji whom still have not acknowledged me  , however does anyone know what they mean ?

Your mentioned problem should be the setting problem of the Front View. As per their information, it can be fixed after you install the software and adjust it.

Here is the download link of the adjustment program
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... sistant+2+1.1.0.zip
2017-4-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans0929b234 Posted at 2017-4-12 22:30
i got this reply from digitalrev which i have to say was very quick response compared to dji whom still have not acknowledged me  , however does anyone know what they mean ?

Your mentioned problem should be the setting problem of the Front View. As per their information, it can be fixed after you install the software and adjust it.

Any update after the calibration?
If the problem persists, I'd suggest you to send it in.
2017-4-13
Use props
fans0929b234
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-4-13 01:51
Any update after the calibration?
If the problem persists, I'd suggest you to send it in.

hi, i have just calibrated and updated with the latest firmware, on test it seems to be flying sweet again and error has gone from my screen about sensor, not sure of speeds but managed 18mph one way and 12mph other way but was getting severe wind warnings as it is quite windy, seems to be hovering really well now also giving the wind conditions, will try again once weather improves and update on here.
seems to be flying a lot smoother than it did but could just be me
2017-4-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans0929b234 Posted at 2017-4-13 10:20
hi, i have just calibrated and updated with the latest firmware, on test it seems to be flying sweet again and error has gone from my screen about sensor, not sure of speeds but managed 18mph one way and 12mph other way but was getting severe wind warnings as it is quite windy, seems to be hovering really well now also giving the wind conditions, will try again once weather improves and update on here.

Thank you for your update.
If you have any further query, please feel free to let me know.
2017-4-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fans0929b234 Posted at 2017-4-13 10:20

So you got sorted good, I take you won't be selling on just yet. Enjoy and good luck.
2017-4-14
Use props
fans0929b234
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I haven't had a chance to try it yet in decent weather, but it will probably be going for sale if it's working fine before something does happen to it
2017-4-14
Use props
bskarpa
lvl.1
Flight distance : 381089 ft
United States

fans0929b234 Posted at 2017-4-11 00:04

I've had mine since they came out and haven't had any issues with it falling out of the sky or returning home. All of that seems to work great. The only issue I have at the moment is in normal mode it only flys at 5mph. To get faster I have to put it into sport mode.
2017-9-17
Use props
DonDroneone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 176132 ft
Slovenia

Hallo

I had the same problem as fans0929b234.

PROBLEM:
- DJI MAvic Pro did not fly fast in strait forward direction. (like it was in trypode mode)
But all other directions it was ok.
- If i went to TAP-TO-FLY mode the dorne was flying straight with normal speed.

Since I did't find any useful information on this thread and no answer from fans0929b234 I send a report to DJ support.
I must say, the response was really fast and it fixed my problem right away.

SO HERE IS WHAT I DID:
1. In the DJI Go 4 App  I reset all Gain and Expo values.
2.  Did a calibration of the RC in the DJI GO 4 app.

The Mavic  is now flying with the normal speed  in all directions.

2017-11-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules