32826 166 2015-3-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
davidbsamuels
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8049101 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dundee, thank you so much.  I found when setting up my second controller I had to reformat my SD card and re-install the update for it to acknowledge and start the process.  Perhaps this may help others that are having an issue with getting the controller to start it's beeping.  Once again, fantastic flow chart and thanks a ton from a newbie trying to do the correct things.

Thanks,
2015-3-6
Use props
gwhiz2k
lvl.3

Canada

Yes, thanks Dundee.

I also did NOT get the confirmation "beep" when updating the bird, it just kept doing it's thing for almost an hour. If I hadn't read your chart, I might have assumed something went wrong, or left it going for hours. I simply shut it down, pulled the SD, and checked it. ("Success").

You've done a great service here
2015-3-6
Use props
dundee
First Officer
Flight distance : 33550 ft

Thailand

outlaw@unitedwi Posted at 2015-3-7 02:43
Thx Dundee,   the inspire will not link to my transmitter,  tried to bind it with no luck,   I cal ...

Yeah, hope they get it right with the next firmware upgrade.
But i tell you, and remember what i say here, it will take 2 firmware upgrades to
get this bug away.
2015-3-6
Use props
dundee
First Officer

Thailand

UM305 Posted at 2015-3-7 02:52
Well done..!!  
Well done
Ps.  for your next on line purchase , please use the Disc ...

2015-3-6
Use props
stoneyphil
lvl.2

United Kingdom

:@ I thought that after seeing a lot of success I'd be daring and upgrade to Firmware 17, I followed Dundee's flowchart to the letter and upgraded the Bird, SUCCESS, Then as pre the flowchart reformatted the card and downloaded the firmware, transferred as before to the card to update the TX, switched on okay and got the flashing blue /4 bleebs for 8 mins then it stopped for 3 seconds and started to continue the flashing blue /4 bleebs for 3 mins then got a solid RED and 4 white, checked the card and it stated FAIL, started again reformatted downloaded again inserted into the TX and now only get 5 white, nothing happening !!!, I'll call support tomorrow for advice:@

TX fix for FW 17.png
2015-3-6
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

dundee Posted at 2015-3-1 19:58
Maybe these 2 flowcharts can help some members.

Tried 3 times now, each time went beyond the 25 minutes. when I remove the card and check it I see no text file. what the ....
2015-3-6
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

Dangair Posted at 2015-3-7 14:35
Tried 3 times now, each time went beyond the 25 minutes. when I remove the card and check it I see ...

OOOOH Waaaiiiit A minute! This time it's different? It's Making beep beeep beeep beep sounds. didnt do dat before>>> HMMM.
2015-3-6
Use props
chad
lvl.2

United States

@dundee - should the firmware be installed in the order shown - drone > controller, or does it matter? I'm assuming it doesn't matter.
2015-3-6
Use props
dundee
First Officer

Thailand

chad@spark6.com Posted at 2015-3-7 15:41
@dundee - should the firmware be installed in the order shown - drone > controller, or does it matte ...

does not matter
2015-3-7
Use props
stoneyphil
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Guys after the problem I had with a dead remote that failed during the FW 17 upgrade I contacted online support chat and pasted my problem, the very nice guys sent me a file, I followed their instruction and I'm back up and running, see attached photo of what they sent me. Thanks Dundee for the flow guide
TX fix for FW 17.png
2015-3-7
Use props
dundee
First Officer

Thailand

stoneyphil Posted at 2015-3-8 00:42
Guys after the problem I had with a dead remote that failed during the FW 17 upgrade I contacted onl ...

Ok, i made a video of the (normal) Inspire1 Transmitter upgrade procedure.

2015-3-7
Use props
babis
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thanks for this Dundee. Formatting my USD stick helped resolve my issue.
2015-3-8
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi Dundee, I saw others saying that you need to update each battery... is this true?
2015-3-8
Use props
dundee
First Officer

Thailand

RichJ53 Posted at 2015-3-9 02:41
Hi Dundee, I saw others saying that you need to update each battery... is this true?

no you dont need to do that yrself, its automatic
2015-3-8
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

dundee Posted at 2015-3-9 10:55
no you dont need to do that yrself, its automatic

okay, thanks for the info!
2015-3-8
Use props
dundee
First Officer

Thailand

RichJ53 Posted at 2015-3-9 12:29
okay, thanks for the info!

I think in .17 there are no updates for the batterie(s)

When so in further updates, i believe DJI will be more clear on this issue
2015-3-8
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

dundee Posted at 2015-3-9 12:49
I think in .17 there are no updates for the batterie(s)

When so in further updates, i believe DJI ...

It would be nice if DJI gave us a text file with the firmware update showing us exactly what is changing. This way all of us would know what is going on when we update our drones.

PS does the intelligent battery we buy from the dealers out there just automatically updates when it is powered on as connected on the Inspire 1?
2015-3-9
Use props
PureSQNut
lvl.4

United States

Finally decided to update my second remote.  No Bueno....    All I got from online tech is "please provide your contact info to have US office contact you about replacing your second controller as it will need to be replaced".

So as I have one controller that's working and the inspire is working so Im thinking that Im going to start a poll. The last tech inquiry I sent to the US office took 12 days to get a reply. So im going to put this into two categories on curiosity-

1) My last tech inquiry took 12 days to get a reply back with something less than a satisfying feeling that my email was taken seriously and with no inquiry or attempt to track down the problem and simply left as "send it in". Come to find out 2 of the BIG issues were fixed without sending it in.  So first one. IF I actually get a call how many days or weeks will it be before I get any call back on the warranty replacement of this controller.

2) As the representative said "It will need to be replaced", how many weeks will it take to swap it out?:@
2015-3-9
Use props
brosgen
lvl.1

Canada

Thanks Dundee. The charts helped a lot!
2015-3-9
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

gwhiz2k Posted at 2015-3-7 03:58
Yes, thanks Dundee.

I also did NOT get the confirmation "beep" when updating the bird, it just kep ...

Identical to my strange bird !! Uploads are the same every time aren't they ? did this happen like this  last upload for yah..Mine seems to stall as well and wants a reboot in the behind and power up. Then as you said..Success!
2015-3-9
Use props
stuzphotos
lvl.2

United States

I ran into some serious trouble trying to upgrade the firmware on my RC. Spent hours on the line with DJI and finally contacted DJI support in the US. They suggestedI return the bird and the RC which they would keep for 4 to 6 weeks. I was however able to get the upgrade complete with the help of technical support from intelligent UAS.  It seems I had a corrupt file and difficulty getting the RC to recognize a file downloaded on my Mac. I UAS sent me and unzipped file which I loaded onto the originalSD card and that came with the I1 and installed it in via the camera. It is my understanding now  that the RC will not read a standard thumb drive you must have a thumb drive that you can insert an and SD card into. To have it read it.
2015-3-11
Use props
dundee
First Officer

Thailand

stuzphotos@gmai Posted at 2015-3-11 21:56
I ran into some serious trouble trying to upgrade the firmware on my RC. Spent hours on the line wit ...

Both my transmitters i updated with a 3 year old standard thumb drive.
2015-3-11
Use props
doug
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1897198 ft
United States

Flow chart worked like a charm. Aircraft updated in 5-6 minutes and the TX in about 10 mins. Thanks for your work in putting this together, Mr. Dundee!

I hope it's this easy when my second TX comes....
2015-3-11
Use props
DJK
New
Flight distance : 44154 ft
United States

Update went flawless in less than an hour from start to finish taking my time to check and remove the txt files, etc.

The bird beeped and changed each step of the way

Don't understand why there have been so many problems, I have had nothing but flawless performance since day one.

Did notice that i had some pixilation tied to the overexposure option, that I ended up turning off.
2015-3-11
Use props
rwt0227
lvl.2

United States

Dundee - what did you use to draw these? (Program?)
2015-3-14
Use props
dundee
First Officer

Thailand

rwt0227 Posted at 2015-3-15 01:48
Dundee - what did you use to draw these? (Program?)

paint.net
free drawing program you can download
2015-3-14
Use props
rwt0227
lvl.2

United States

Thx mate. One more question for you since you responded to this so fast - how the heck do you get "NOTIFY OF NEW POST" to correctly work on these friggin' forums? I never get notified of new posts of either a thread I started OR one I'm following.
2015-3-14
Use props
dundee
First Officer

Thailand

rwt0227 Posted at 2015-3-15 01:54
Thx mate. One more question for you since you responded to this so fast - how the heck do you get "N ...

because you have to 'reply' on posts, then you get notifications on the top of the screen
2015-3-14
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

You are a heck of a Guy to put the amount of time and effort to create the charts. Thanks, we all really appreciate your input.
Again, Thank You:
2015-3-14
Use props
tgraustin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3396490 ft
United States

Thanks, Dundee!
2015-3-24
Use props
doug
lvl.2
United States

I've loaded up my I1 and my TX with the latest FW .17 successfully, and I'm expecting my second (camera operator) TX today. Should I fire up the new 'Slave' and see if it connects to the 'Master' before I load FW .17? Or should I update the new TX with .17 first?

2015-3-24
Use props
dundee
First Officer

Thailand

doug@nowpicture Posted at 2015-3-25 06:17
I've loaded up my I1 and my TX with the latest FW .17 successfully, and I'm expecting my second (cam ...

Maybe the slave Tx is already updated to .17 when you get it.
Update first but only 1 time, and then see the results in the txt file on your memory stick.
'Result: success' shows you updated to .17
'Result: cancel' shows that the Tx was already updated.
Fly safe.
2015-3-24
Use props
doug
lvl.2
United States

dundee Posted at 2015-3-25 11:03
Maybe the slave Tx is aready updated to .17 when you get it.
Update first but only 1 time, and the ...

Thanks Dundee! Plugged in the 'bin' file flash drive and fired it up. Only took a couple minutes to update the new TX. Text file says 'success'. Yaaaaay!

Looking forward to really using this thing to it's fullest potential!
2015-3-24
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

dundee Posted at 2015-3-1 22:09
Just put the SD-Card into your computer (not the Inspire1) and format it.
You have to put it into  ...

How is this NOT "stickied"

Great work sharing this Dundee, (I have only heard about it til now).
I will be using this guide by the end of the week, thx.
2015-3-24
Use props
stephenbrink62
lvl.3
Flight distance : 380522 ft
South Africa

Hey Dundee....great stuff there m8. Do you perhaps know when the next Firmware update is coming out to sort out the compass issues were having.
2015-3-24
Use props
cesartobar82.gm
New

United States

Very helpfull. Thank you
2015-3-25
Use props
dundee
First Officer

Thailand

stephenbrink62@ Posted at 2015-3-25 15:12
Hey Dundee....great stuff there m8. Do you perhaps know when the next Firmware update is coming ou ...

i have no idea, but i keep you posted
2015-3-25
Use props
gmklinefelter
lvl.2
Flight distance : 804058 ft
United States

The flowchart was a very big help.  I have just received my Inspire and the updating was not inspiring  me too much until I found this conversation.  Please note that the file needs to be in the root directory.  When exporting it, my computer kept it in a directory located in the root.  That will not be successful.  Thanks again.  My updates took less than 5 minutes once I got the configuration correct.

Thanks again!!!!
2015-3-26
Use props
dundee
First Officer

Thailand

gmklinefelter Posted at 2015-3-27 00:07
The flowchart was a very big help.  I have just received my Inspire and the updating was not inspiri ...

Nice to hear.
2015-3-26
Use props
gilmbento
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2570994 ft
Portugal

Hi guys! I need help.
I received today my inspire 1 and i tried to upgrade the firmware as written in this chart.
After about 10 minutes it makes one continuos long beep and when i removed the sd card and read the file on the computed it says that the firmware upgrade failed.
I've tried several times and it happens all the time.
Now the remote is not linked to the aircraft and i can't even link them .
I can't even put the Inspire in travel mode .
What can i do?
Thank's
2015-4-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules