Gimbal Motor Overload
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
budfroggy
lvl.1
United States

Morning Everyone!

So, last night i was flying and accidentally hit the side of my house. 110% my fault, looked away for a second and then boom.  Didnt hit too hard, but dropped about 4ft and now i am getting the gimbal O/L error.  I just want to make sure i cover all basis before i send it in the DJI.  I am running the most current versions of GO and Mavic F/W.  I tried calibrating the gimbal through the GO app, but when i click it, it does nothing. Visually, the gimbal and camera look fine, the tabs are still connected with the rubber bands and the plate is seated below that "L" clip.  Are there any other steps i should try before i send this out.  Any help would be great!

Thanks!

2017-4-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry to hear about your crash.
When you turn on the aircraft, will the gimbal camera calibrate itself automatically?
Please follow the video tutorial to check the gimbal again.  If still no improvement, please send it in for further diagnosis and repair.
2017-4-10
Use props
budfroggy
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-4-10 01:12
Sorry to hear about your crash.
When you turn on the aircraft, will the gimbal camera calibrate itself automatically?
Please follow the video tutorial to check the gimbal again.  If still no improvement, please send it in for further diagnosis and repair.

Thanks for the reply Mindy,

Yes, when the AC turns on, it goes through its auto sequence however at the end, it stops facing forward but tipped down towards the ground a little bit. Using the calibration tool in the GO app, doesn't work either. I click "Calibrate" and does nothing, no pop-ups, just back to camera view.
2017-4-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

budfroggy Posted at 2017-4-10 01:16
Thanks for the reply Mindy,

Yes, when the AC turns on, it goes through its auto sequence however at the end, it stops facing forward but tipped down towards the ground a little bit. Using the calibration tool in the GO app, doesn't work either. I click "Calibrate" and does nothing, no pop-ups, just back to camera view.

Seems like the gimbal is damaged.
I think a repair service would be the best course of action.
2017-4-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules