Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
A2 Controller Binding
12Next >
5086 42 2017-4-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb42d8aea
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8425 ft

United Kingdom

I have the A2 controller on my Octocopter

I also have the Lightbridge 2 for easier video feed

How do you bind the controller with the Lightbridge to the A2 controller receiver to us the controller to fly the drone

It shows a green light when drone powered up but doesnt seem to start up drone at all

Thanks
Bob

2017-4-9
Use props
bldodo1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 346473 ft
Austria

Hi Bob

i have the same problem at the moment. i upgrade my S900 with a LB2 System. The A2 Controller is still connected with my FUTUBA Controller. Now i must connect it with the LB2 Controller.
i will try to reset this evening the A2 Setup on the Computer. Maybe it works.

If you have already a solution it will be great if you can let me know. Otherwise i give you more details tomorrow about my steps.

thanks
Dominik
2017-4-11
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

With that particular set up, you would need one of the DJI HD gimbals connected via the EXT port in order for the air end to receive power. The A3's DBus II cable allows power to be provided to the LB2 air end without a gimbal at all, but there isn't a similar cable available for the A2.
2017-4-11
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

bldodo1 Posted at 2017-4-11 04:56
Hi Bob

i have the same problem at the moment. i upgrade my S900 with a LB2 System. The A2 Controller is still connected with my FUTUBA Controller. Now i must connect it with the LB2 Controller.

What gimbal are you using with this rig? With what you've provided thus far, you're looking at a major interference issue when using both the Futaba and LB2 together like that.
2017-4-11
Use props
bldodo1
lvl.1
Austria

Hi
thanks for your reply
i use a Zenmuse15-GH4 Gimbal. I cannot bind the LB2 controller with the S900. It did not run. Is it necessary, that the gimbal ins mounted on the S900 to bind it?

When i install the LB2 and i turn on the S900 the A2 on the computer connect with the Futuba automaticly.

So please help me, what should i do?

2017-4-11
Use props
fans140d6583
lvl.3
Flight distance : 319262 ft
United Kingdom

bldodo1 Posted at 2017-4-11 23:00
Hi
thanks for your reply
i use a Zenmuse15-GH4 Gimbal. I cannot bind the LB2 controller with the S900. It did not run. Is it necessary, that the gimbal ins mounted on the S900 to bind it?

You need everything connected up including the gimbal
2017-4-12
Use props
fansb42d8aea
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Probably an expensive lesson for me then.

I have the A2 controller LB2 but I have just a universal gimbal as I am not using a DJI airframe as way to expensive and so small for the price they want to charge for it.

As I had a Universal type of gimbal with a Alexmos controller, I had a separate Receiver and Transceiver to just control the gimball, as A2 only supports 2D and I have a full 3D gimball, then was hoping to use LB2 to send back the video and control the actual drone though as I am so use to DJI controller I did not want the massive fuss of setting up a Futaba T14SG for example which I know does connect to the A2 receiver.

I just think it is plain stupid how I can link it all up to the PC Assistant and setup the buttons and calibrate the controller through that, it connects fine to my LB2 as I have a green light, it streams video fine, I get all my onscreen data through the DJI Go App, I can set my home point etc, but can;t actually physically fly my drone through it. That is just plain daft. I would expect a DJI Controller to beable to bind to a DJI controller/Receiver.

So what are my options, scrap my brand new LB2 altogether and just go back to a standard Video Transmitter and FPV it instead and buy a Futaba?
2017-4-12
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

bldodo1 Posted at 2017-4-11 23:00
Hi
thanks for your reply

Based on the information provided, you definitely want to remove the Futaba receiver all together. If you follow the connections diagram on the top of page 18 of the LB2 manual, and you would be fine.

Yes the gimbal has to be connected to LB2 in order to get power and register with the A2.
2017-4-12
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fansb42d8aea Posted at 2017-4-12 14:45
Probably an expensive lesson for me then.

I have the A2 controller LB2 but I have just a universal gimbal as I am not using a DJI airframe as way to expensive and so small for the price they want to charge for it.

I have seen some customers supply power from DBus or the EXT port with modded cables, but I would not be able to assist with that.

Outside of mods, you can either keep the A2 and use the set up you mentioned in this post. If you really want LB2, you would upgrade to the A3 with the LB2 Channel Extension Kit to have full control over the F-channels.
2017-4-12
Use props
fansb42d8aea
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-12 16:05
I have seen some customers supply power from DBus or the EXT port with modded cables, but I would not be able to assist with that.

Outside of mods, you can either keep the A2 and use the set up you mentioned in this post. If you really want LB2, you would upgrade to the A3 with the LB2 Channel Extension Kit to have full control over the F-channels.

I am using a Phantom 3 cable kit to provide power which has the XT60 cables on, that's what powers the LB2, i Just went from the Nava-M to A2, can't warrant spending more to upgrade to the A3, maybe I just do away with DJI altogether, they obviously seem to try and get you to buy the whole system and not make it compatible with anything else, so maybe I just completely sell up my DJI and go with another brand.

Could I keep LB2 and use the controller to control just the gimbal and then use a separate controller like a futaba to fly the drone?
2017-4-13
Use props
bldodo1
lvl.1
Austria

I have now everything connected. Also install the Gimbal completely and turn on the aircraft and also the LB2 receiver (radio). And i am happy - it was a green light (connected)
I connect it with my computer and A2 Software. Make the necessary changes at the the chanels and it seems that everything work.
I will made beginning of next week a test flight.

thanks for all your support.
2017-4-13
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fansb42d8aea Posted at 2017-4-13 00:02
I am using a Phantom 3 cable kit to provide power which has the XT60 cables on, that's what powers the LB2, i Just went from the Nava-M to A2, can't warrant spending more to upgrade to the A3, maybe I just do away with DJI altogether, they obviously seem to try and get you to buy the whole system and not make it compatible with anything else, so maybe I just completely sell up my DJI and go with another brand.

Could I keep LB2 and use the controller to control just the gimbal and then use a separate controller like a futaba to fly the drone?

No, you cannot use LB2 with a Futaba. That combination would cause interference issues. If you're able to provide sufficient power to the air end and it's LEDs are lighting up, then your set up may work. When you say it has a green light, do you mean you're getting green from the 'Link" LED indicator off the LB2 air end? It would be best to have visuals of how the aircraft is behaving and your LB2 settings to see if there's a way to get it running.
2017-4-13
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

bldodo1 Posted at 2017-4-13 05:19
I have now everything connected. Also install the Gimbal completely and turn on the aircraft and also the LB2 receiver (radio). And i am happy - it was a green light (connected)
I connect it with my computer and A2 Software. Make the necessary changes at the the chanels and it seems that everything work.
I will made beginning of next week a test flight.

Good to hear that you were able to get it sorted!
2017-4-13
Use props
fansb42d8aea
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-13 15:25
No, you cannot use LB2 with a Futaba. That combination would cause interference issues. If you're able to provide sufficient power to the air end and it's LEDs are lighting up, then your set up may work. When you say it has a green light, do you mean you're getting green from the 'Link" LED indicator off the LB2 air end? It would be best to have visuals of how the aircraft is behaving and your LB2 settings to see if there's a way to get it running.

okay,

I have a green linked light on the AIR and I also have a green linked LED on the Ground controller aswel. Also when I start up my DJI Go App, I have video, I have my distance, battery and everything showing up on screen, I can set home point no problem. but when i bring both control sticks down to bottom to start it up there is no response at all on my drone.

My AIR LB2 is powered up and is connected via the DBUS cable to the X2 port on the A2 flight controller, BUT I am just awaiting my CAN HUB as I know a cable has to plug into it via the PMU.

When i link the A2 and my ground controller to DJI Assistant software I can calibrate the sticks and everything. Just don't know how to get it to start up the drone.
2017-4-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fansb42d8aea Posted at 2017-4-14 11:35
okay,

I have a green linked light on the AIR and I also have a green linked LED on the Ground controller aswel. Also when I start up my DJI Go App, I have video, I have my distance, battery and everything showing up on screen, I can set home point no problem. but when i bring both control sticks down to bottom to start it up there is no response at all on my drone.

Could you happen to post your RC settings in the A2 Assistant and Go app? Just to check your RC configurations, have you looked at the following LB2 set up video? If you haven't, you can skip the GH4 set up section. At around 3:08, it shows how LB2 should look in the channel map section of the A2:

In addition, do you see any error messages when you try to CSC start? What LEDs are you getting from the A2 itself when you try to take off?
2017-4-14
Use props
fansb42d8aea
lvl.1

United Kingdom

There are two images there, one of my Assistant, not sure if that's what you require and the .jpg is of the setup on the bench as I have stripped it from the drone so you can see the way it is setup.

They are link direct to my domain name so if you click on them both images should be available
2017-4-18
Use props
fansb42d8aea
lvl.1

United Kingdom

fansb42d8aea Posted at 2017-4-18 09:17
[view_image]

There are two images there, one of my Assistant, not sure if that's what you require and the .jpg is of the setup on the bench as I have stripped it from the drone so you can see the way it is setup.

Sorry error in post here, images are as follows, let me know if any good

http://www.skeyephotography.co.uk/IMG_0571.JPG

http://www.skeyephotography.co.uk/DJI%20SCREENSHOT.png
2017-4-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fansb42d8aea Posted at 2017-4-18 09:22
Sorry error in post here, images are as follows, let me know if any good

I was able to get them, thank you.

From what I see off hand, you should have a regular DBus connection to the LB2 air end with the corresponding cable along with having the receiver assigned as DBus in the Assistant software.
In regards to RC settings, it would be nice to see the channel mapping section in the Assistant software to see whether or not there's any movement registered when moving the sticks.
2017-4-18
Use props
fansb42d8aea
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-18 19:00
I was able to get them, thank you.

From what I see off hand, you should have a regular DBus connection to the LB2 air end with the corresponding cable along with having the receiver assigned as DBus in the Assistant software.

OK,

I will get this screenshot sorted for you, for some odd reason since removing everything from airframe to bench test, now nothing links to my DJI Assistant software. my controller binds to the A2 air fine, but when I load A2 Assistant my controller now does not link, it did when connected up on my firframe but not anymore.

I cant set up any of the controls at all,  I can't map buttons or anything. It was working before just not now. So you will have to bare with me.
2017-4-19
Use props
Impulze
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49774 ft
Sweden

fansb42d8aea Posted at 2017-4-19 12:06
OK,

I will get this screenshot sorted for you, for some odd reason since removing everything from airframe to bench test, now nothing links to my DJI Assistant software. my controller binds to the A2 air fine, but when I load A2 Assistant my controller now does not link, it did when connected up on my firframe but not anymore.

Have you calibrated compass  ? You wont be able to arm if you missed that during some upgrade......
2017-4-19
Use props
fansb42d8aea
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Impulze Posted at 2017-4-19 12:39
Have you calibrated compass  ? You wont be able to arm if you missed that during some upgrade......

Hmmm, now you mention it, I don't think I did actually. When I set up the drone air frame outside to test GPS signal etc it never gave me the option on the DJI Go app like it does for my inspire for example. So never thought about it.

Also I have noticed this evening that I have not setup the measurements for my IMU and GPS antenna locations on my air frame either.

BUT when everything was mounted to my air frame, everything linked up to DJI A2 Assistant fine, since removing it all and placing it on bench, now I can't seem to get any response from my controller through DJI A2 Assistant at all to setup all my controls and buttons.
2017-4-19
Use props
Impulze
lvl.1
Sweden

fansb42d8aea Posted at 2017-4-19 13:19
Hmmm, now you mention it, I don't think I did actually. When I set up the drone air frame outside to test GPS signal etc it never gave me the option on the DJI Go app like it does for my inspire for example. So never thought about it.

Also I have noticed this evening that I have not setup the measurements for my IMU and GPS antenna locations on my air frame either.

Do you power up system before you connect USB to computer?

For the calibration on LB2 , toggle flightswitch 5-6 times to enter calibration (same as inspire)

2017-4-19
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fansb42d8aea Posted at 2017-4-19 12:06
OK,

The lighting in your cable connection picture is a little dark to see what you have connceted to the main controller itself. I'm assuming the rope like cable is a reinforced servo cable to the PMU. The connection placement seems off. It is connected to the X1 port, correct?

From what you've provided thus far, I can see how you might not be seeing any RC movements. It does not look like you have the DBus connected from the LB2 Air end (next to the EXT port) to the DBus port on the A2 (X2 port). The cable you should be using is pictured at the 1:02 mark of the last video I posted. Once that's connected, you would go to the A2 Assistant and switch the receiver type to DBus. Leaving it on DR16 will not communicate with the RC's joysticks and allow you to map.

2017-4-19
Use props
fansb42d8aea
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-19 13:52
The lighting in your cable connection picture is a little dark to see what you have connceted to the main controller itself. I'm assuming the rope like cable is a reinforced servo cable to the PMU. The connection placement seems off. It is connected to the X1 port, correct?

Yeah that was my fault, I didnt have LB2 Air DBUS cable in, now it is it's fine.

Attached here is a screenshot of my calibration i believe, is this what you where after?

http://www.skeyephotography.co.uk/calibration%20setup.png
2017-4-20
Use props
Impulze
lvl.1
Sweden

fansb42d8aea Posted at 2017-4-20 08:59
Yeah that was my fault, I didnt have LB2 Air DBUS cable in, now it is it's fine.

Attached here is a screenshot of my calibration i believe, is this what you where after?

Hi!

Yes, thats why you cant arm it. Do the Compass dance

2017-4-20
Use props
fansb42d8aea
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Impulze Posted at 2017-4-20 09:01
Hi!

Yes, thats why you cant arm it. Do the Compass dance

HAHA,

Just tested outside, I flicked the button a few times and got into compass calibration, the blue light stayed on, twirly danced with it and it went green then danced with it again nose down and it flashed, I then had a Blue and Red flashing light together at one point it did flash up for a split second on DJI Go App it was ready to fly then went back to red no video feed as I have not got camera attached yet.

What does the Red and Blue LED light flashing mean :/

This building your own drone is allot more complicated than buying one already to go lol
2017-4-20
Use props
Impulze
lvl.1
Sweden

fansb42d8aea Posted at 2017-4-20 09:38
HAHA,

Just tested outside, I flicked the button a few times and got into compass calibration, the blue light stayed on, twirly danced with it and it went green then danced with it again nose down and it flashed, I then had a Blue and Red flashing light together at one point it did flash up for a split second on DJI Go App it was ready to fly then went back to red no video feed as I have not got camera attached yet.

Do you mean Red , purple?

If so, the red means no GPS lock, Purple means your in GPS assisted mode.
2017-4-20
Use props
Impulze
lvl.1
Sweden

Impulze Posted at 2017-4-20 10:50
Do you mean Red , purple?

If so, the red means no GPS lock, Purple means your in GPS assisted mode.

I think its Red , Cyan....
http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/A2_LED_Indicator_Description
2017-4-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fansb42d8aea Posted at 2017-4-20 09:38
HAHA,

When you say that they were flashing together, was it in a particular pattern or was it just alternating? If it still persists, would you be able to provide a short video of it so I can get a better look?
2017-4-20
Use props
fansb42d8aea
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-20 13:32
When you say that they were flashing together, was it in a particular pattern or was it just alternating? If it still persists, would you be able to provide a short video of it so I can get a better look?

Maybe when the red and blue flash together it's meant to actually be purple by any chance.

Am I going to have to save and a Zenmuse controller to be able to fly my drone on same controller.

I linked it all up the other day outside but I still have no drone control at all even though DJI Go App shows I am ready to fly.

Image attached is a screenshot of the app.
IMG_0056.PNG
2017-4-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fansb42d8aea Posted at 2017-4-22 08:22
Maybe when the red and blue flash together it's meant to actually be purple by any chance.

Am I going to have to save and a Zenmuse controller to be able to fly my drone on same controller.

It it's just purple, then that should mean that you're in GPS mode. When you initiate the CSC, does the purple LED go from a slow single blink to a quick double blink? If so, that may mean that your RC sticks need to be calibrated. Just to clarify, do you see any error messages at all when you try to arm the motors?
2017-4-22
Use props
fansb42d8aea
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-22 18:37
It it's just purple, then that should mean that you're in GPS mode. When you initiate the CSC, does the purple LED go from a slow single blink to a quick double blink? If so, that may mean that your RC sticks need to be calibrated. Just to clarify, do you see any error messages at all when you try to arm the motors?

I have it finally I think.

My controls are the opposite way around, normally on DJI you would pull both controls down to the left and right to start up motors, but on my controller I actually have to lift them up to the top.... So then now my throttle up is actually down on my control stick and to throttle down I have to push my left stick up, so they are wrong way, maybe in software do i need to click on REV to change that around?

Other thing is, I cant seem to setup my Home Button and my Lower/Raise gear buttons on controller, when i link it to the DJI Assistant software, even when i click on a map button, when I click those buttons on controller they do not register on the software, I can manually map them, but then they still do not work at all.
2017-4-23
Use props
fansb42d8aea
lvl.1

United Kingdom

http://www.skeyephotography.co.uk/IMG_0072.MOV
2017-4-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fansb42d8aea Posted at 2017-4-23 10:26
I have it finally I think.

My controls are the opposite way around, normally on DJI you would pull both controls down to the left and right to start up motors, but on my controller I actually have to lift them up to the top.... So then now my throttle up is actually down on my control stick and to throttle down I have to push my left stick up, so they are wrong way, maybe in software do i need to click on REV to change that around?

Yes, you would just hit REV on those channels and you would be good to go.
2017-4-24
Use props
fansb42d8aea
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-24 10:36
Yes, you would just hit REV on those channels and you would be good to go.

Thank you for all your help everyone who replied

Two more things, how do I setup advanced channels for landing gear etc, when plugged into DJI Assistant they do not show up as programmable so can not set landing gear and home return.

AND

Do I need to use my DJI IOSD, or is the information already streamed back to DJI Go App without it?
2017-4-24
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fansb42d8aea Posted at 2017-4-24 23:19
Thank you for all your help everyone who replied

Two more things, how do I setup advanced channels for landing gear etc, when plugged into DJI Assistant they do not show up as programmable so can not set landing gear and home return.

Regarding the advanced channels, is this via the A2 Assistant or the Assistant 2 for LB2? For the iOSD Mark II, you don't need it for the OSD information but it can still be useful as a 'black box' for storing flight data. If you choose to use it for the latter, you can just use the CAN connection and just omit the cabling for video output.
2017-4-25
Use props
fansb42d8aea
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-25 08:37
Regarding the advanced channels, is this via the A2 Assistant or the Assistant 2 for LB2? For the iOSD Mark II, you don't need it for the OSD information but it can still be useful as a 'black box' for storing flight data. If you choose to use it for the latter, you can just use the CAN connection and just omit the cabling for video output.

I am not sure what you mean.

I can obviously fly my drone now, through my LB2/D-BUS.  When I connect it all up to my DJI Assistant on my software to set channel mapping, for example I needed to use it the other day to REV my controls, why am I not able to set my Advanced channels to set my Home Return button and Landing Gear button aswel.

When I go into channel mapping, every other button shows as a movement when I click them on controller while connected to the DJI Assistant software, but just not my Home and Landing Gear buttons.
2017-4-26
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fansb42d8aea Posted at 2017-4-26 12:51
I am not sure what you mean.

I can obviously fly my drone now, through my LB2/D-BUS.  When I connect it all up to my DJI Assistant on my software to set channel mapping, for example I needed to use it the other day to REV my controls, why am I not able to set my Advanced channels to set my Home Return button and Landing Gear button aswel.

I just want to make sure I'm on the same page. When you're under channel mapping in the A2 and you try to assign Go Home and your landing gear, you're not seeing any movement from channel 5 and channel 6  when you're in the channel selection portion? The movement I'm referring to can be seen at the 3:08 - 3:15 mark of that set up video I initially provided. Is that the case, or is it that you're not given the option to assign those channels at all?
2017-4-28
Use props
boblakelly
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-28 09:17
I just want to make sure I'm on the same page. When you're under channel mapping in the A2 and you try to assign Go Home and your landing gear, you're not seeing any movement from channel 5 and channel 6  when you're in the channel selection portion? The movement I'm referring to can be seen at the 3:08 - 3:15 mark of that set up video I initially provided. Is that the case, or is it that you're not given the option to assign those channels at all?

yes, basically I am unable to map the channel for 5 and 6.

When i move the slider on controller for gear there is no repsonse on the assistant software, as with the home button, when i push the go hime button therenis no response on the assistant software at all.

I will try and get a video ofnit maybe, if my server space is fast enough for a video.
2017-4-28
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

boblakelly Posted at 2017-4-28 23:52
yes, basically I am unable to map the channel for 5 and 6.

When i move the slider on controller for gear there is no repsonse on the assistant software, as with the home button, when i push the go hime button therenis no response on the assistant software at all.

If you could provide a visual, it would be appreciated.
2017-4-29
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules