Can someone from DJI comment on I2 Speed reduction reports
1544 28 2017-4-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
steelej80.googl
lvl.2
United Kingdom

As per the subject, number of people are saying their I2 is slower after recent firmware. Can someone from DJI comment on that, has the I2 been slowed down?

John.
2017-4-9
Use props
WellFlightz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 181358 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Also waiting for someone to feed in this topic...need to confirm it before deciding to buy it (or not, looks like...)
2017-4-9
Use props
steelej80.googl
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Come on guys, it's not that hard a question

John
2017-4-10
Use props
JeffP
lvl.3
United States

WellFlightz Posted at 2017-4-9 19:31
Also waiting for someone to feed in this topic...need to confirm it before deciding to buy it (or not, looks like...)

What do you shoot where the small reduction I see is a no go for your purchase ? What do you plan on getting in it's place to do your work? I have two Inspire 2's. The difference is not dramatic and I use local GPS not the Go4 APP reading.
Jeff
2017-4-10
Use props
NJ Flying Slow
lvl.3
Flight distance : 765909 ft
United States

While to some degree I agree with Jeff on this, I'm upset as I purchased the I2 with it's top speed intention in mind.  Yes it is mostly for video, but I also liked the fact that it was quick.  I decided I would be ok with the initial reduction, then after the most recent update, I have to say I find it displeasing.  You purchase something with a specification that is clearly marketed as such and when they take that or reduce it several times without any recourse, I believe it is unethical marketing.

For the people attempting to purchase this, I don't think this should hold up your decisions because I'm confident we will NOT see DJI raise the speed.  It's their way or the highway.
2017-4-10
Use props
steelej80.googl
lvl.2
United Kingdom

My main business is shooting cars so the speed is vital for me, I'm avoiding new firmware until I can get clarity on this.

John.
2017-4-10
Use props
steelej80.googl
lvl.2
United Kingdom

it still shows same top speed on the dji website, they were quick to change it last time.
2017-4-10
Use props
WellFlightz
lvl.2
  • >>>
Brazil

I'm in the same boat of John...I film racing machines sometimes, so acelleration and high speed are essential! I keep my Inspire 1 and it's depressive see how slow it is for this kind of job! It's been ridiculously limbed by firmwares along time! Not to mention the legal fact that DJI does not have the right to do it, not when they sell you something within a certain specification marketing...simply put, it's hard to understand how a company that big worsens its producs with such arguable drawbacks, instead of improving and relying on it! We've seen this movie before with I1...and now onde again, with you I2 guys.
2017-4-10
Use props
WellFlightz
lvl.2
  • >>>
Brazil

steelej80.googl Posted at 2017-4-10 13:30
it still shows same top speed on the dji website, they were quick to change it last time.

What's the cursed firmware version that brought this reduction?! Anyone tells?!
2017-4-10
Use props
Gybo102
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2426230 ft
United States

WellFlightz Posted at 2017-4-10 20:03
What's the cursed firmware version that brought this reduction?! Anyone tells?!

there has only been one firmware update since the I2 was released.
I used to get 60 mph with the I2 in sport mode, now its about 50. kinda sux. I am upset and wish DJI would announce ALL changes in firmware updates... not just the ones they want you to know.

DJI can you please comment on the speed drop please??
2017-4-11
Use props
Mark Guille
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Gybo102 Posted at 2017-4-11 03:28
I used to get 60 mph with the I2 in sport mode, now its about 50. kinda sux. I am upset and wish DJI would announce ALL changes in firmware updates... not just the ones they want you to know.

If there has only been one update, can you not roll back to the previous firmware?

Mark G.
2017-4-11
Use props
NJ Flying Slow
lvl.3
United States

Mark - I believe the one they rolled out was the first which cannot be rolled 'back', that is what I heard anyway - not sure if it is 100% fact.
2017-4-11
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Gybo102 Posted at 2017-4-11 03:28

I agree , I just went over to the PDF notes and there was no mention of the speed reduction , I mean that was a huge feature they advertised with the race cars and what not, that is very deceptive if you ask me.  There are many things to love about DJI but there are some things that make you just shake your head in  frustration .

And then on top of that , they left NO way to rollback to the previous version ...... You can only rollback one version on the Inspire 1 and  NILL on the Inspire 2......sad.

donnie

2017-4-11
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-4-11 07:04
If there has only been one update, can you not roll back to the previous firmware?

Mark G.

I thought the same thing Mark , then I was  informed that there are no rollbacks for the Inspire 2 .  It was very sneaky if you ask me that they did not mention the speed reduction in the PDF notes.  I can imagine many members are quite  upset about the speed reduction . It's really not fair that they mention all the other improvements  and or changes ( In the4 Pdf Notes )  but leave out the speed reduction .  If they would have had some transperency  and gave a justified reason then fine , but this is like  closed door negotions at a public hearing ....Not Cool!

If  I missed something and DJI did tell members the reason for the speed reduction then all  apologies ,...... but I dont think I missed anything.  

donnie
2017-4-11
Use props
steelej80.googl
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI have not commented at all on speed reduction which is the reason for this thread.

Come on DJI!!!

John.
2017-4-11
Use props
Viper Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 31644 ft
United States

I agree with all of you.  I think DJI is hiding some thing from us.
2017-4-11
Use props
NJ Flying Slow
lvl.3
United States

Fellas and To All Ladies, feel free to call your local or federal consumer affairs and they will provide you with steps and advice on any next steps.  I wish I can take the helm on this, but I don't have the cycles (let alone the energy!!).  It is clearly unfair, deceptive and quite honestly unethical business practices.  I bet if a suit was filed, they'd add it back with apologies.  Sadly they are the monopoly.
2017-4-11
Use props
steelej80.googl
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Come on DJI, someone please comment on this
2017-4-12
Use props
Sharif
lvl.2
Flight distance : 621312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I know some people have posted their speeds have not decreased after FW updates, but a number of people have claimed their speeds have been reduced.  Is there anything conclusive or semi-scientific that anyone can share to prove the the speed reduction is real.  Every time time I fly my I2, if I have sufficient battery  left, I usually do a quick sprint or two before landing.  Each time I do this, my top speed varies quite a bit. I attribute this to wind, altitude and another factors.   

I agree it would very unlike DJI to make a MAJOR change to speed limits without some kind of formal written statement.  That said, their silence on this topic is defeaning to say the least.

I too, purchased the I2 with speed in mind, as I shoot a lot of very fast moving vehicles and the speed of the I2 is impressive and allows me to capture footage that would have been impossible with my Inspire 1.  It also gives a very realistic high speed treatment to the footage, instead of the old and sometimes very obvious trick of speeding up the footage in post. I see this in many professional productions, movies, TV shows etc....wow those cars on the ground and moving pretty fast...and the people must be speed walking down in there.

Those with the speed reductions, are you seeing similar reductions in Atti mode?

2017-4-13
Use props
Viper Pilot
lvl.4
United States

The speed reduction I noticed in in Sport mode not ATTI.  I believe flying in ATTI the speed has not been reduced, only in Sport at least from my observations after many tests in both calm as well as windy conditions.
2017-4-13
Use props
WellFlightz
lvl.2
  • >>>
Brazil

Viper Pilot Posted at 2017-4-13 04:17
The speed reduction I noticed in in Sport mode not ATTI.  I believe flying in ATTI the speed has not been reduced, only in Sport at least from my observations after many tests in both calm as well as windy conditions.

And GPS as well, I figure..did they reduce in GPS too?!
2017-4-13
Use props
Viper Pilot
lvl.4
United States

I don't believe so.  Speed in GPS mode seems about the same.
2017-4-13
Use props
steelej80.googl
lvl.2

Looks like new firmware released today, any of you guys having issues installed it yet and tested the speed?

John.
2017-4-13
Use props
ValentinF
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5673871 ft
Switzerland

After a quick test this evening I was again able to hit close to 100 km/h with the new FW :-) Seems that we are good again...
2017-4-16
Use props
Viper Pilot
lvl.4
United States

I second that.  All is normal again after the latest F/W release.
2017-4-16
Use props
WellFlightz
lvl.2
  • >>>
Brazil

Viper Pilot Posted at 2017-4-16 12:56
I second that.  All is normal again after the latest F/W release.

Really sure about that?! Did you top speed it again to be sure?! Please...
2017-4-27
Use props
JeffP
lvl.3
United States

WellFlightz Posted at 2017-4-27 06:26
Really sure about that?! Did you top speed it again to be sure?! Please...

I am sure that using the recent 330 update  w/ my two Inspire 2's, speed has not changed.  I can get what is advertised but remember the Inspire definitely is affected by wind when it comes to top speed.  I have seen a headwind slow me down by 15 km/h and the adverse from a good tail wind.  Especially when flying high.  But all good now.  And to be honest, the previous reduction was not significant IMO only, and I always use GPS speedometer on the unit itself , not the APP.
2017-4-27
Use props
Viper Pilot
lvl.4
United States

I agree completely that with the latest F/W (.330) the max speed I registered was as advertised and while using Sport mode.  Max speed in P-mode is also as advertised.
2017-4-27
Use props
geoff
lvl.2
Flight distance : 981952 ft
  • >>>
Germany

in GPS mode speed has definitely decreased substantially, by about 7-8 mph. In Sport mode by about 5 mph. I flew the same day, same location, same wind and these are the results.
2017-4-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules