Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
NO IMAGE TRANSMISSION SIGNAL (solved)
73807 28 2017-4-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
The_Death_Angel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 134062 ft
Australia

I searched the forums for the same issue before making this thread and got no hits...

Last week i was flying my P4P at an awesome location, really enjoying myself and on the way back, the P4P started to shake over this large valley and would not return home. The drone just shook and it would move a metre then stop beeping loudly (the beeps it makes when OA is on and detects an object). This happened over a 2 minute period and my battery was running low. The camera and gimbal was all over the place and the only way i could bring it back was to put it in sports mode and bring it back in as it ignores OA. I even turned off OA and that still didnt help.
The next day i took it to the park to make sure everything was Ok and i got a NO IMAGE TRANSMISSION SIGNAL on top of my device. The gimbal motor was making a noise and the camera was not holding its centre position at all when rotating the drone.

After hours of pulling my hair out i found the issue. The micro SD card i had inside the P4P was a 64GB card and it was almost full. When the card gets close to full the P4P starts doing weird stuff and may display NO IMAGE TRANSMISSION SIGNAL. When this occurs, you get no visual on the screen and you lose control of the the gimbal and camera. It will not allow you tio use the camera at all. It wont even allow you to format the card from the DJI Go 4 app.

What you need to do is take out the SD card and put another card in for the problem to go away. I did not realise the micro SD card was the problem and it could cause this massive issue.

In fact i had to shoot a wedding the day i tested it and i was stressing out so bad i took it back to where i purchased it (JB Hi Fi) and they replaced it on the spot. The only time i realised there was in fact nothing wrong with the original P4P is when it happened to the brand new P4P i got that day because what i did was take out the 16GB micro SD card out of the new drone and i put in the 64GB card (like an idiot) and i had the same issue. This is when i realised it is my error not the P4P.

I have since called Jb Hi FI and they were cool about the whole thing.

When i get home i will upload some videos of what the P4P was doing...

I hope this helps out people with the same issue.
2017-4-9
Use props
QuanthonyTrang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Do you keep all your videos on the one card??
Do you copy or move the card content to a pc??
Best practice would be to use multiple SD cards. Less chance of losing all your eggs in one basket incase something happens to your quad. And having multiple cards gives prevents that trip back home if you accidentally left your SD card in the PC
2017-4-9
Use props
The_Death_Angel
lvl.2
Australia

I have 2 cards. The original 16Gb card that comes with the P4P and i also purchased a high capacity 64Gb card. The smaller card just fills up quicker so i use the larger card. I do move all files to PC i just forgot to format the card sometimes.

I understand the problem and where i went wrong and the only reason i created this thread is for other people to benefit from.
2017-4-11
Use props
fans97dad6fe
New
Flight distance : 441959 ft
Portugal

Well, same problem here, arrived today, all good, working fine, updated firmware and then, No Image Transmission Signal "air encoder error (ox800000)... the thing is I already changed micro sd cards, formated on pc and tried again, tried samsung and an iphone, calibrated and even relinked the RC, just dont get any image...tried to refresh firmware and downgrade, and gives me an error in the end of the download...getting out of options.
2017-6-14
Use props
fans12fdc9ed
lvl.1
Australia

I've got a P4P + with the controller with the built in screen and I've just had the same problem - however I've just upgraded to the latest firmware and I was getting a message telling me to turn off my mobile wifi. I did that and problem was solved. Maybe you've got some strong wifi interferring
2017-6-25
Use props
Watty2000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1074301 ft
United Kingdom

Same problem happening with my Mavic today and looks like the circumstances are the same; 64GB card with only 6GB free.
2017-7-31
Use props
Archaeo Lynley
New
Australia

I am having a similar problem (i.e. getting a no image transmission signal) but changing SD cards does not solve the problem. I have just done the new firmware update and the problem has only started since then. I am tearing my hair out not being able to capture any images. Have tried redownloading firmware, using different SD cards, turning everything off and restarting all to no avail
2017-9-9
Use props
peter-a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2228 ft
Italy

I've found that it's only a matter of timing.  I consistently have the Air Encoder Error, but the solution is always to reboot the Aircraft or the Controller and just wait patiently without doing ANYTHING and it will resolve itself.  Occasionally, I've been able to speed up the process by exiting fly mode on the Go App - back to the splash screen and re-enter Device, maybe one or two times.   I do think there's a software protocol error that causes the Video Carrier to not initialize if something earlier in the initialization process has been interrupted or delayed by user input of any kind.   Im a relatively new user of the Phantom but a systems programmer for many years - and this is what it looks like to me.   Just a fussy initialization sequence.
2017-10-16
Use props
fansfe1fba98
New
United States

I just updated the firmware for my product and I am getting the error "NO IMAGE TRANSMISSION SIGNAL" I have not even taken up in the air once and I am getting these types of problems..... I tried formatting the card that it comes with and a 64 GB card that I have. Neither one of them solves the problem.
2017-12-3
Use props
fans0ab4d934
lvl.2
United States

I am having the issue as well and it always is when I first turn everything on and open up the app that I get the message, "no image transmission signal".   During that time everything else is normal.  I can even fly and take photos, I just can't see what I am looking at.   It usually resolves itself in anywhere from 2 to 10 minutes, but it is annoying to have to just sit around and wait, especially when you are trying to time a sunrise or sunset shoot.   It is like the thing has to warm-up, which I know isn't normal.  Once the problem is resolved and I go fly and it doesn't happen again while in the air or at least not yet anyway.  I have been searching endlessly for an answer and haven't been able to find one.   I know it would probably be best to send it back to DJI for repair, but considering I just got it back from them about 9 months ago, I really don't want too.
2018-1-16
Use props
Derekblack04
lvl.1

United States

Archaeo Lynley Posted at 2017-9-9 22:53
I am having a similar problem (i.e. getting a no image transmission signal) but changing SD cards does not solve the problem. I have just done the new firmware update and the problem has only started since then. I am tearing my hair out not being able to capture any images. Have tried redownloading firmware, using different SD cards, turning everything off and restarting all to no avail

every find a solution?
2018-3-21
Use props
Top_Speed1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 377664 ft
United States

It now says "Solved" in title?

Not sure where this Solved documentation is however....
2018-3-22
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

Top_Speed1 Posted at 2018-3-22 07:36

Read entire post lol

What you need to do is take out the SD card and put another card in for the problem to go away. I did not realise the micro SD card was the problem and it could cause this massive issue.
2018-3-22
Use props
The_Death_Angel
lvl.2
Australia

Top_Speed1 Posted at 2018-3-22 07:36

It seems like everyone that had a similar problem had either the same solution OR a different solution and problem to begin with.

If you read the original post it was not the "NO TRANSMISSION IMAGE" that was the only problem but in fact it was the P4P not responding, obstacle avoidance going crazy making the drone think its about the run into something, gimbal doing crazy things, etc.

Also this happened a few firmwares back so it could have have solved for that firmware but newer firmwares could have different fixes.

Bottom line is it is strange that a micro SD card could impact the way the P4P flies and responds when a larger micro SD card starts to fill up. How the SD card has any affect on that is beyond me but it just does.

Like i said in the original post. I put the same SD card in a new P4P straight out of the box and it had the exact same problem.
2018-3-22
Use props
fans90d9d562
lvl.1

India

fans97dad6fe Posted at 2017-6-14 18:40
Well, same problem here, arrived today, all good, working fine, updated firmware and then, No Image Transmission Signal "air encoder error (ox800000)... the thing is I already changed micro sd cards, formated on pc and tried again, tried samsung and an iphone, calibrated and even relinked the RC, just dont get any image...tried to refresh firmware and downgrade, and gives me an error in the end of the download...getting out of options.

Same problem for me also I don't know what to do to solve this problem
2018-3-26
Use props
Top_Speed1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 377664 ft
United States

The_Death_Angel Posted at 2018-3-22 15:15
It seems like everyone that had a similar problem had either the same solution OR a different solution and problem to begin with.

If you read the original post it was not the "NO TRANSMISSION IMAGE" that was the only problem but in fact it was the P4P not responding, obstacle avoidance going crazy making the drone think its about the run into something, gimbal doing crazy things, etc.

Got it, thanks.
I had a similar experience to when (so I thought anyways) my SD card was full and it forced a landing. This was on another thread with many answers coming as it must of been a low battery (which it was down there as well).

Now this stirs back up my 'full SD card forced landing' possible issue again. hmmmmmm
2018-3-26
Use props
fansba2e796e
New

Madagascar

I have PS3 4K having the same problem since i got it. The gimbal was broken then a replace it, now it’s working but NO IMAGE TRANSMISSION. Also i can’t do the UPDATE. I’ve tried 4 different SD CARD all classe 10. Please i am stuck, need help
AFE48945-47A9-41F8-83E1-EEC588575D7B.png
771EA9AE-8403-4C4F-84FC-2508DAE0738A.png
2019-6-30
Use props
Charleston Outdoor Adventures
New

United States

I was experiencing the same issue and it was the SD card. Thanks!
2019-8-6
Use props
Anthonyg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 183054 ft
United Kingdom

Thanks for your post. Just had the same problem with my p3adv.formatted the card and still didn't work. Tried a different memory card and now it's working. Faulty card. Thanks again.
2019-8-7
Use props
Anthonyg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 183054 ft
United Kingdom

But the day after it refused to work again.
2019-8-9
Use props
djiuser_iJsJ9DnMPCMp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 107904 ft
United States

Thank you for this thread OP!  My brand new Mavic 2 Pro was having exactly the same issues!  I was pulling my hair put and then found this thread.  I took out the Sandisk Ultra 128g card and Voila!  It worked perfectly again!

Before that there was no video transmission, the drone couldn’t launch though it said it was in GPS Mode, and it kept randomly saying it was in Tripod mode, then P Mode, then Sport Mode over and over.  It would occasionally connect with a video image, then go blank again and re- establish home point.   Essentially going crazy.

I have no idea why the MicroSD card would make the whole unit go nuts like this instead of just an “SD Card corrupt” message, but clearing the card of files worked a treat.  It kind of makes me nervous about the whole thing now because the drone reset its homepoint multiple times as it was freaking out.  If the card filling up causes this does it mean “Return to Home” would be disabled as well?  My 128g card was less than 50% full.
2019-8-26
Use props
kapchaking
lvl.2
Flight distance : 225696 ft

djiuser_iJsJ9DnMPCMp Posted at 8-26 13:30
Thank you for this thread OP!  My brand new Mavic 2 Pro was having exactly the same issues!  I was pulling my hair put and then found this thread.  I took out the Sandisk Ultra 128g card and Voila!  It worked perfectly again!

Before that there was no video transmission, the drone couldn’t launch though it said it was in GPS Mode, and it kept randomly saying it was in Tripod mode, then P Mode, then Sport Mode over and over.  It would occasionally connect with a video image, then go blank again and re- establish home point.   Essentially going crazy.

I had the same problem after an upgrade on a new P4P and lost my vision. Aftrer much hair pulling, I looked under Overall status. It said normal and a red triangle. Had a look and it said controller needed upgrading. Did the upgrade and picture has returned.
Hope this helps somebody.
2019-9-12
Use props
JJPIV33
lvl.1
Flight distance : 82913 ft

United States

I need to send mine in. Sending it to https://djidroneservice.com/
Ive tried all the things listed here and none worked. Im not sending to DJI as i hear it takes way to long to get back.

ill update upon repair quote and return.
2020-1-8
Use props
djiuser_5P7BSOuUrhlx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 86191 ft
United States

JJPIV33 Posted at 1-8 14:06
I need to send mine in. Sending it to https://djidroneservice.com/
Ive tried all the things listed here and none worked. Im not sending to DJI as i hear it takes way to long to get back.

What did they ultimately find out/ do? I"m having the same issues and apparently am going to have to send mine in... Thanks in advance!
2020-1-20
Use props
tacoovervliet
New
Flight distance : 20361 ft
Netherlands

The message "NO IMAGE TRANSMISSION SIGNAL" is also given when an unexpected file is on the SD card. I put an edited MP4 on the recording-directory and this message was the result. After deletion the problem was resolved.
2020-7-5
Use props
coxr1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 32178 ft
United Kingdom

My mavic air flying yesterday included a sector where the no image transmission signal appeared at the top of my tablet with the remainder of the screen blank. I've been doing some research and found the following information:-

I've just seen comments from a Dji Support site in response to the question "What is the effective image transmission range" the answer given was   "2.4 GHz: 4000 m (FCC), 2000 m (CE/SRRC/MIC) 5.8 GHz: 4000 m (FCC), 500 m (CE), 2500 m (SRRC) (Tested in a place free of interference and unobstructed.)    I have to admit that I'm not at all sure what it all means but clearly there is a limit to the transmission range.  The article also talks about " What should I do if the Mavic Air's image transmission signal is normal while the image transmission screen is black or white ?  and the reply "This is an overexposure or underexposure effect which happens when the manual exposure mode is enabled. Enter the camera view, tap the exposure settings in the lower right corner, and set the mode to auto exposure

Interesting
2021-4-30
Use props
fansba06e37e
New
United States

Can't thank you enough for this post.  I'm working on a drone job out of town, and I was checking the drone in the hotel room before I left.  Had this issue and Googled it.  Took out my SD card, and put a new one in (formatted it), and voila, everything was fine.
2022-7-2
Use props
The_Death_Angel
lvl.2
Australia

fansba06e37e Posted at 7-2 08:17
Can't thank you enough for this post.  I'm working on a drone job out of town, and I was checking the drone in the hotel room before I left.  Had this issue and Googled it.  Took out my SD card, and put a new one in (formatted it), and voila, everything was fine.

No problem at all. It’s rewarding to see you have resolved the issue using my post. Enjoy!
2022-7-2
Use props
djiuser_OgYpwQssZGTH
lvl.1

United States

I have the same issue I flew mine one time and went threw an firmware update and this started then start seeing alot of people having issues  not long after they stop supporting the phantom 4 standard how convenient see here is what happens the firmware over heats the processor then its toast they know it thats why they did away with it they know
How  expensive it would be to fix.
2022-9-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules