Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Wanting an Inspire 2 but worried about firmware update with x4s
1496 18 2017-4-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
392Hemi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 612241 ft
United States

Well, coming from a q500 being my first drone been doing a little research and wanting to go with the inspire 2 with the x4s.  But I see of people having issues with the x4s camera after updating the firmware to the bird.   Is this an issue or is it a hit and miss with some drones out there. Has there been any flyaway's  with this drone?  Also does anyone know of what big insurance companies cover drones like this with flyways and crashes. Also are there any reviews of this camera on? The only one I can fine is

But reading the comments on this youtube channel are saying review wasn't done very good. Not a fair comparison etc.

Also if  there are any reviews on this craft that you think i may not know about thats in detailed.  

Also what is the best android phone/tablet you can use with this type of bird.  I know apple is best in this area but dont really want there products.

Well, thanks for reading first post so take it east on me lol.

2017-4-9
Use props
Sharif
lvl.2
Flight distance : 621312 ft
  • >>>
United States

The X4s is very good.  The X5s is outstanding.  Whether or no it's worth the extra cost is a personal choice based on your needs and objectives.   
2017-4-10
Use props
fansc312fdf8
lvl.1

United States

My x4s just stopped working today for no apparent reason. $4200 invested and it lasted a week. Should only take 3 months to repair though.
2017-4-10
Use props
JeffP
lvl.3
United States

I have updated both of my Inspire 2 with x4s's. To .240.
NO ISSUES on my 2 machines
All good except for speed reduction which is not as dramatic on my machines as I have read. I test using External GPS on vehicle. Not Go App.
2017-4-10
Use props
WellFlightz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 181358 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

JeffP Posted at 2017-4-10 12:44
I have updated both of my Inspire 2 with x4s's. To .240.
NO ISSUES on my 2 machines
All good except for speed reduction which is not as dramatic on my machines as I have read. I test using External GPS on vehicle. Not Go App.

Hi, pal! What about accelaration?! Did i change little as speed. I mean, from zero to maximum stick point, ascending and descending, got much slower than before or not?!
2017-4-11
Use props
Arrow1969
lvl.4
Flight distance : 400577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have 2 Inspire 2's x4s and x5s both excellent cameras It'll all depend what you're using them for.

Updated firmware last week on the I2 ran 3 sets of batteries on air test no problems.

Only believe 50% of what you read or see I have been flying DJI for 6 years commercially Phantom, Inspire 1, Inspire Pro, and 2 S900, still operates 2 Inspire 2 and a S900 with A3 Pro E1200 Pro tuned system, LB2, X5R

http://forum.dji.com/thread-91607-1-1.html

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=55724&page=1#pid762625

2017-4-11
Use props
392Hemi
lvl.2
United States

fansc312fdf8 Posted at 2017-4-10 11:01
My x4s just stopped working today for no apparent reason. $4200 invested and it lasted a week. Should only take 3 months to repair though.

So what happen did this just happen out of the blue?  i'm scared to spend over 3grand on this and for it to just stop working then on top of that have to wait 3 months to get it up and running again.  
2017-4-13
Use props
JeffP
lvl.3
United States

WellFlightz Posted at 2017-4-11 19:49
Hi, pal! What about accelaration?! Did i change little as speed. I mean, from zero to maximum stick point, ascending and descending, got much slower than before or not?!

I don't notice any  acceleration difference
2017-4-14
Use props
GabeZ
lvl.3
Flight distance : 768448 ft
United States

Hello 392 Hemi,
   Many of us did have issues with our x4s and x5s cameras after the firmware update (the last one and not the one released on 4/13).  The x4s cameras would no longer move (primarily pitch) unless you held the camera with your hand until it stabilized (it would buzz until you stopped it).  The x5s cameras would simply buzz.  DJI R&D openly admitted to the issue back on one of my other posts.  Did everybody suffer the same fate?  I don't think so.....  However, keep in mind that many people will never post to the forum and simply call in, email, or chat for their issues.  Others will read the forum, stay on the current firmware, and then update when necessary (or never....).  The problem I see as a whole is that there isn't much "early adoption" when it comes to firmware.  People like me will jump in head first and take the good with the bad.  Others will simply play it safe.  But you can't really blame them as there have been many issues that cause them loss of business.  You never want to stand in the way of someone's income.

What I can tell you is that my x4s camera issue resolved by me sending mine in and getting a refurb.  I'm pretty bitter about getting a refurb camera when my brand new camera only had and hour and a half of use.......   But.... I guess DJI feels that a working camera is a working camera.  For others, the newest firmware release on 4/13 either resolved the camera issue or it stayed the same (two reports of it remaining the same).

Oops.. forgot to answer your other questions.

1.  I haven't heard of any fly always just yet.
2.  There is insurance out there, but most only get liability and not full coverage.
3.  The x4s camera and the x5s camera are moderately better than the x3 and x5.
4.  Most reviews will give this drone a shinning stamp of approval, but I have to say that's no Inspire 1.  It flys big and slow (fly them side by side and you can tell)
5.  I've heard good things about Samsung for android users (but beware of the hand warming feature.... or sudden combustion)
2017-4-14
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

GabeZ Posted at 2017-4-14 19:13
Hello 392 Hemi,
   Many of us did have issues with our x4s and x5s cameras after the firmware update (the last one and not the one released on 4/13).  The x4s cameras would no longer move (primarily pitch) unless you held the camera with your hand until it stabilized (it would buzz until you stopped it).  The x5s cameras would simply buzz.  DJI R&D openly admitted to the issue back on one of my other posts.  Did everybody suffer the same fate?  I don't think so.....  However, keep in mind that many people will never post to the forum and simply call in, email, or chat for their issues.  Others will read the forum, stay on the current firmware, and then update when necessary (or never....).  The problem I see as a whole is that there isn't much "early adoption" when it comes to firmware.  People like me will jump in head first and take the good with the bad.  Others will simply play it safe.  But you can't really blame them as there have been many issues that cause them loss of business.  You never want to stand in the way of someone's income.

Gabe Z,

Have you used Sport mode or Atti on the Inspire 2?
With these two modes, the aircraft is pretty nippy. Its not a racing drone but that's not what its for is it?

As for the X5S being only moderately better.than an X5. I cannot agree with this. Moderately better than an X5R but an X5? The Raw CDNG images are superb and workflow wise, the X5S is clearly easier to use than an X5R.
2017-4-14
Use props
GabeZ
lvl.3
United States

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2017-4-14 22:15
Gabe Z,

Have you used Sport mode or Atti on the Inspire 2?

Hello Kitty,
   I have used it in sport mode and atti mode.  I didn't buy it to use either of those modes.  I expected it to be as responsive as the inspire 1 in normal mode..... and it is not capable of that.  The obstacle avoidance creates too many problems for it.  I am aware that I can disable it, but then what's the point of having an Inspire 2?

Also, here are some comparison charts provided by DJI marketing comparing..... I many not be the most knowledgeable person, but I'm still going to say moderate improvement.
Capture.PNG
Capture1.PNG
2017-4-15
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

GabeZ Posted at 2017-4-15 13:00
Hello Kitty,
   I have used it in sport mode and atti mode.  I didn't buy it to use either of those modes.  I expected it to be as responsive as the inspire 1 in normal mode..... and it is not capable of that.  The obstacle avoidance creates too many problems for it.  I am aware that I can disable it, but then what's the point of having an Inspire 2?

Try flying in open skies turning obstacle avoidance OFF. Then you'll notice the difference. There's a whole lot of intense processing going on that limits flight speed with OD on.
As for IQ, I don't disagree with you but the difference is visible. Its also noticable on the flight monitoring end when you use Go / Go 4

2017-4-15
Use props
GabeZ
lvl.3
United States

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2017-4-15 21:25
Try flying in open skies turning obstacle avoidance OFF. Then you'll notice the difference. There's a whole lot of intense processing going on that limits flight speed with OD on.
As for IQ, I don't disagree with you but the difference is visible. Its also noticable on the flight monitoring end when you use Go / Go 4

Testing it with OA off was how I determined it was a design issue (and by that I mean intended operation).  I also realize there's a lot going on to make OA possible.  It's my personal opinion that nothing should ever be added that hinders the responsiveness and performance the way OA does.  It lacks so much responsiveness and performance when OA is on that needing OA at all is debatable (meaning you couldn't possibly hit something because of how sluggish it is when OA is on.... so why have it?).  Also, the fact that sunlight causes OA additional difficulty was a painful foresight.  I've seen landing gear triggers, false positive notifications, and complete stalling of the aircraft.  

And before anyone says anything, I'm the king of calibration and update.  I have calibrated this aircraft so many times that I question the efficiency of it.
2017-4-15
Use props
anthony2
New
Flight distance : 85118 ft
United States

392Hemi Posted at 2017-4-13 19:47
So what happen did this just happen out of the blue?  i'm scared to spend over 3grand on this and for it to just stop working then on top of that have to wait 3 months to get it up and running again.

I have to send it back to DJI. I have seen a number of posts and videos of this exact same issue. If $4K means nothing to you, then go it. Seems a decent number of units are crap. Worked fine one day, the very next day (after only owning it a week) it's worthless. Thank goodness I didn't have a client dependent on me. That's why you need to own two units. Cost to be commercially viable with an Inspire: about 20K
2017-4-19
Use props
ThijsG
lvl.1
  • >>>
Netherlands

I just bought the Inspire 2 with an X4S (28 april). I had some issues with the stabilisation of the footage and figured out it might be the firmware (I had the latest version, the .330 version).
I had an P3 and P4 and knew the footage had to be way more stable. A guy I rang advised me to downgrade the firmware, so I did it to the .240. I didn't solve anything, so I upgraded it back to .330 and did a gimbal calibration, after that my Inspire 2 footage is stable again. About the X4S or X5S, I just shot some footage today. If you use your Inspire 2 for filming and making photos in really bright or dark weather conditions, the X5S will be probably the big winner. If you use the i2 in "reasonably good conditions" like me, the X4S will do the job perfectly and gives you a 2 minutes extra flight time and saves over a 1000 euro. I just shot some footage, the contrast and depth is so much better than the "old P4".  Especially for making pictures, the footage is really sharp, I was impressed what this small camera offers. DJI makes really good products, but they fail in customer service. If the product works properly from the start, it is a great product. If not, you're kinda f****   I hope I helped you out a bit!
2017-4-30
Use props
392Hemi
lvl.2
United States

ThijsG Posted at 2017-4-30 13:09
I just bought the Inspire 2 with an X4S (28 april). I had some issues with the stabilisation of the footage and figured out it might be the firmware (I had the latest version, the .330 version).
I had an P3 and P4 and knew the footage had to be way more stable. A guy I rang advised me to downgrade the firmware, so I did it to the .240. I didn't solve anything, so I upgraded it back to .330 and did a gimbal calibration, after that my Inspire 2 footage is stable again. About the X4S or X5S, I just shot some footage today. If you use your Inspire 2 for filming and making photos in really bright or dark weather conditions, the X5S will be probably the big winner. If you use the i2 in "reasonably good conditions" like me, the X4S will do the job perfectly and gives you a 2 minutes extra flight time and saves over a 1000 euro. I just shot some footage, the contrast and depth is so much better than the "old P4".  Especially for making pictures, the footage is really sharp, I was impressed what this small camera offers. DJI makes really good products, but they fail in customer service. If the product works properly from the start, it is a great product. If not, you're kinda f****   I hope I helped you out a bit!

You all you did thanks a lot.
2017-4-30
Use props
Nik6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 806096 ft
United States

I've had mine (Inspire 2w/ 4xs camera and have had no issues. Upgraded the firmware twice with no issues. Currently have over 80 flights and doing more every day. Got a top speed today of 65.3 mph (had a little help from the wind)

Nik
2017-4-30
Use props
JBSonic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 779019 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The prop rattling problem can cause so much vibration that the inspire 2 has difficulties flying.Most I2s are affected
2017-5-1
Use props
392Hemi
lvl.2
United States

Well, thanks guys for all your input. X4s just got here today bird should be here Thursday.  
2017-5-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules