7333 11 2014-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mnewmonic
New

United States

Can't find Aircraft

My ipad is Wi-Fi connected to Phantom_61debp

What am I doing wrong, the ipad version of ground station along with all support software is updated. I can't connect GS to the ipad app.

Please help
2014-9-17
Use props
paul.guo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 66696 ft
China

Make sure Ground Station is enabled in your app setting.
2014-9-17
Use props
l8chuang
lvl.1

Hong Kong

You can activate the ground station feature in the "Settings" in your "DJI Vision" app not "Ground Station" app.  Afterward, swipe left on the camera screen to reveal the ground station screen.
http://youtu.be/qajTB3g8TrU
2014-9-17
Use props
erichanson
New

United States

I don't think the iPad Ground Station app connects to the Vision+
Ground station features can be enabled in the DJI Vision app for iPhone.
2014-9-17
Use props
liuhui
lvl.2
Flight distance : 51224 ft
China

This information may help:

Vision Ground Station is built into the latest version of the Vision app (iOS: Version 1.0.41, Android 1.0.50). Simply update the app, open it and go to “Settings” to enable Ground Station. Accept the terms and conditions then return to “Camera” mode and swipe left to begin Ground Station flight planning.

http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision-plus/faq
2014-9-17
Use props
tony
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2856060 ft
  • >>>
United States

Taking a stab here, I could be way off. But if you are talking about the stand alone iPad app called "Ground Station" and you have a Vision+ stock, they do not work together. I had this same confusion. The ground station we get is accessed by enabling it in the vision app (iPhone app) settings, then swiping right on the FPV view. It is similar to the ground station app, but lack certain functionality.

The iPad app is pacifically for the bluetooth unit that is purchased separately and installed in other quads, like the Phantom2, non vision.

Hope this helps!
2014-9-18
Use props
mnewmonic
New

United States

tony@capturevid Posted at 2014-9-19 04:57
Taking a stab here, I could be way off. But if you are talking about the stand alone iPad app called ...

Tony,

Thank you this is the answer I was looking for. I know how to use GS on the iphone app I'm asking the question pertaining to the ipad app and I think you answered it for me. I need to purchase the ground station transmitter and receiver to make this happen. I thank you
2014-9-19
Use props
Tony
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2856060 ft
  • >>>
United States

mnewmonic@aol.c Posted at 2014-9-20 08:54
Tony,

Thank you this is the answer I was looking for. I know how to use GS on the iphone app I'm ...

There is a lot of confusion on this, and I think it is most confusing for those of us that got our first Phantoms after GS was already part of the Vision app. There was a period of time, from what I understand, where the iPad app was out but we did not have the feature in the iPhone app. Now we do, but not as the standalone app, but rather the swipe to the right feature in the vision app. Glad to help!
2014-9-19
Use props
bill71021
New

United States

WILL THE GS APP WORK THE SAME FOR THE P2 NON VISION AS IT DOES FOR THE P2 VISION
I DONT WONT TO HAVE TO BY A IPAD JUST FOR THAT.
2014-9-20
Use props
thomaskim558
lvl.3
Flight distance : 865177 ft
Singapore

When u use Ground Station, first u need to connect to wifi to download ur local map and then turn on phantom and connect to phantom wifi and set the waypoints
2014-9-21
Use props
joels805
lvl.1
Flight distance : 81152 ft
  • >>>
United States

This was very frustrating and confusing for me as well.  Why would DJI make two completely separate yet similar products but then call them the same name?  
2014-9-30
Use props
bahamasboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13845 ft
United States

I agree!  this is all confusing.  It's a shame that they didn't include the turn variations in the Vision App AND that they set the waypoint limits at only 500 meters YET....you can fly much farther by controlling your phantom V2+ when not using the Ground Station built into the Vision App.  It would seem to me to be the other way around... more likely to crash/lose the phantom when flying manually.  
Maybe a future firmware update??  
2014-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules